5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE PROTECTED - KOONS 10K OFF MSRP OR 11% Below MSRP

HAL9001

Reaction score
I'm offering 10k off a TRX and it's the $300 higher processing fee than other dealerships that is probably thousands of dollars higher on the truck that gets' ya. Can't win them all :) I appreciate all of you and if given the opportunity one day maybe I can at least provide you with a bottom line to show our great price and transparency. Hope you all are having an amazing holiday weekend!!
Very few of us want/need a TRX and it's priced so high to begin with that even with $10K off, it's still too costly for most of us.

So the primary focus is on the 6% off of other RAM models. Most of us here are smart enough to look at the bottom line of any deal. The high processing fee and the cost of delivery for non-locals have to be factored in. That's all we're saying.

Ramjack

Reaction score
So the primary focus is on the 6% off of other RAM models. Most of us here are smart enough to look at the bottom line of any deal. The high processing fee and the cost of delivery for non-locals have to be factored in. That's all we're saying.
I don't think that's what everyone is saying. I think some would have an issue with the $899 fee based on principle even if Koons was giving $10k (or even $20k) off MSRP. For me, I'm looking at the total number. I don't care what the fee is or what they call it and I don't care whether or not they can "justify" it. They could call it the "Fee to support Gangs Against Grandmothers" for all I care. I agree that the high processing fee and delivery cost have to be factored in. I'm confident that Koons understands that as well.

GFK51

Reaction score
It should also be noted that when I bought my Ram from Koons in addition to the $899 processing fee they also added another destination charge. Don't even want to go into the horrors of the finance office.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I was going to ask about that. It is not listed as an add on in the "deal". Not sure if my font needs to be increased for any fine print I am not seeing.
Koons,

Please verify if destination is added in along with the $899 fee or not.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
Just went to Koons online and saw this

Quite a difference in selling prices. I believe with no money down, there is no guarantee they will sell it to you. I think they are having a hard time getting in inventory to fill their lot. So, they are taking factory orders and keeping them to sell off the lot at their ridiculous pricing increase. No money down equals no contract to sell it to you.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Just went to Koons online and saw this

Quite a difference in selling prices. I believe with no money down, there is no guarantee they will sell it to you. I think they are having a hard time getting in inventory to fill their lot. So, they are taking factory orders and keeping them to sell off the lot at their ridiculous pricing increase. No money down equals no contract to sell it to you.

Nothing wrong with them selling factory orders that the initial purchaser decided not to follow through. They clearly aren't doing this with all of their customer orders otherwise plenty of folks on this forum would be well aware.

GFK51

Reaction score
Very interesting, their selling prices exclude Tax, Title, Registration, Electronic filing fees, Processing fee of $899 AND FREIGHT. You would think that the $899 processing fee would include the registration and so called Electronic Filing Fees.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Very interesting, their selling prices exclude Tax, Title, Registration, Electronic filing fees, Processing fee of $899 AND FREIGHT. You would think that the $899 processing fee would include the registration and so called Electronic Filing Fees.
"Freight" most likely means the cost of having the vehicle shipped to you, if you desire. Not the cost of freight included in the sticker price for shipping the vehicle from the factory to the dealer. Koons can confirm that.

Last edited:

GFK51

Reaction score
"Freight" most likely means the cost of having the vehicle shipped to you, if you desire. Not the cost of freight included in the sticker price for shipping the vehicle from the factory to the dealer. Koons can confirm that.
No, the freight is in addition to the destination charge on the Mike Monroney sticker, their freight is charged twice.

misnjak

Reaction score
Has anyone completed a purchase through Koons or is there a Koons employee on here that can clarify. I know personally was told sale price, plus the 899$ dealer fee, plus tax and tag. Plus 1k$ if do not use their financing (which someone earlier in this thread said is horrific??). Would be nice to have cleared up in detail direct from Koons representative

misnjak

Reaction score
It should also be noted that when I bought my Ram from Koons in addition to the $899 processing fee they also added another destination charge. Don't even want to go into the horrors of the finance office.
Can you elaborate on both of those two points please. They charged you a second destination charge that was not originally disclosed in your quote?
What is wrong with their finance department; do they not offer multiple lenders with comparable decent rates you can get elsewhere on your own?

GFK51

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on both of those two points please. They charged you a second destination charge that was not originally disclosed in your quote?
What is wrong with their finance department; do they not offer multiple lenders with comparable decent rates you can get elsewhere on your own?
I bought a year ago from them, sticker had the destination charge and then on the buyers order it was charged again. I questioned this and was told that it is the way they do business with everyone. Went to finance department and was told that there was problem with my social security number, I have over a 830 credit rating, 70 years old and have never had a problem with any type of loan. Wanted the 0% financing they were offering but because of this so called problem I would have to take a 4.49% loan. Finance told me I had to make three payments then I could refinance with my credit union. I re-financed a week later and lo and behold my credit union did not have a problem with my social security number. I have bought many cars/trucks in my lifetime and this was the worst buying experience of my life. I would have walked away from the deal but I drove 160 miles to this dealership, never again.

Ramjack

Reaction score
No, the freight is in addition to the destination charge on the Mike Monroney sticker, their freight is charged twice.
Even if you pick the car up locally at the Koons dealership?

Last edited:

HAL9001

Reaction score
Always, always, always demand -in writing- the final, bottom line payment with all charges included and detailed before you sign anything. The bottom line is all that matters. If the dealer hedges or refuses to do this, consider it a red flag.

I do this whenever I purchase a vehicle, motorcycle, boat, RV, etc. The honest, above-board dealers have no problem providing the final balance sheet. Be very wary of the ones that won't and stay far away from them. You can easily pay a lot more when they play games with the dealer and destination fees and any other fool thing they try to con you with such as fees for not financing with them, interior treatments, window serial number etching, detailing, etc. If you're only finding out about these fees at the dealer's finance office when you pick up your truck, you didn't do your due diligence and they have you right where they want you.

If you're financing thru the dealer, especially with some kind of deal such as low or 0% financing, be sure the loan is fully approved before you head to the dealer to pick up the truck.

Don't let them con you. This is all too common with a number of dealers. Always buy with eyes wide open and take nothing for granted. Have a final check ready for the exact amount you owe and don't pay a penny more. Ensure your deposit is refundable and refuse delivery if they try in any way to con you.

If you are dissatisfied with your dealer experience for any reason, take to social media such as this forum and online dealer ratings and speak up to warn others. If you feel you were conned in any way, report them to the Better Business Bureau and your state's Attorney General Office. This affects them a lot and helps prevent them from doing dishonest things to others.

Last edited:

HAL9001

Reaction score
Freight, i.e. "Destination Fees" should never be charged twice. This is a major red flag.

Dealers have to pay the destination fee only once and have no right to charge you for it twice. The manufacturer will list the actual destination fee on the Monroney sticker and that is all you ever owe to the dealer for this charge if you pick up the vehicle at the dealer where it was purchased.

If you have a vehicle delivered from the purchasing dealer to your door or to a local dealer, that would be an entirely separate charge.

Last edited:

misnjak

Reaction score
So who can speak up about their actually purchase experience through Koons??

GFK51

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Can you explain why? Did you goto fca corporate and file complaint against them?
A number of things, problems with the finance department, charged twice for freight, was not able to get 0% financing even with a 830 plus credit score, finance department telling me there was a problem with my social security number, high finance rate then told I had to make at least three payments before I could refinanced, I refinanced a few days later. I did not go to corporate to file a complaint but gave them a less than stellar score on their survey.

Users who are viewing this thread