5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE PROTECTED - KOONS 10K OFF MSRP OR 11% Below MSRP

Koons_Tysons_Corner

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
To be clear, when ordering a vehicle through the Forum pricing, we are not adding back destination as it is already included in the pricing. Again, to get the forum pricing you must deal with me (Craig). But the pricing that I quote already includes the factory destination.

GFK51

Reaction score
To be clear, when ordering a vehicle through the Forum pricing, we are not adding back destination as it is already included in the pricing. Again, to get the forum pricing you must deal with me (Craig). But the pricing that I quote already includes the factory destination.
So to be clear, if you walk into the showroom and purchase a vehicle, Koons will charge the destination charge twice.

Ramjack

Reaction score
They take freight/destination out of their advertised "Koons Price" and then add it back in separately on the buyers order. I see it as a way to show a lower price on the website for vehicles on their lot to get people in the door, but its clear on their vehicle listings that the Koons Price does not include freight/destination. I don't think I'd buy a truck off their lot for that practice alone - but, since this is a thread about factory ordering your truck, I can confirm that they do not add back in freight on factory ordered trucks.
I see what you mean. A little shady but not really charging twice. But if one dealer in the area starts doing it, I can see why the others might follow suit. Otherwise it appears they are $1500-$2000 overpriced.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a year ago from them, sticker had the destination charge and then on the buyers order it was charged again. I questioned this and was told that it is the way they do business with everyone. Went to finance department and was told that there was problem with my social security number, I have over a 830 credit rating, 70 years old and have never had a problem with any type of loan. Wanted the 0% financing they were offering but because of this so called problem I would have to take a 4.49% loan. Finance told me I had to make three payments then I could refinance with my credit union. I re-financed a week later and lo and behold my credit union did not have a problem with my social security number. I have bought many cars/trucks in my lifetime and this was the worst buying experience of my life. I would have walked away from the deal but I drove 160 miles to this dealership, never again.
Dealer I went to did the same thing. credit score was like 857 according to the letter I received from Chrysler financial yet I only qualified for a 2.9% loan. Chrysler Financial apparently wanted to give me a higher rate. I refinanced about a month later for 1.9%. I am now convinced the dealer added on to the loan amount to profit on their end. Probably the same on your end as well. If an 830 or 857 credit scored doesn't qualify for a 0% loan, what does?

Rich6896

Reaction score
Wow, I saw this on YAA youtube. I almost went with them. Now I feel even better about MD.

m.hamner

Reaction score
I'm not worried. Craig has a good rep it seems and I'm not expecting him to double charge me when I pick up the truck. Plus, he beat out MD for me by a couple hundred bucks, price protected order too. I've bought with Koons before also, and that didn't happen last time either.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
If you pay for it, it's your fault. Yes it lowers their good reputation. But JFC if you don't agree with something don't pay it and blow up the deal.

SABD

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2500 PW through Craig on 4/29. Excellent to deal with so far, just keep in mind it’s him alone responding to emails so some patience is required. Less than 24hrs to respond. And just as an FYI, did the math and I can confirm on the order paperwork that they are NOT double dipping on freight charges.

So far so good, will update as I go.

Mike81189

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS! KOONS 10K OFF MSRP OR 11% Below MSRP - NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED!!

It's taken some time to go through the proper channels but for a limited time we will doing $10,000 off MSRP or 11% below MSRP whichever is greater on the TRX.

All other RAM trims are 6% below invoice. (1500/2500/3500)

DODGE is at 6% below Invoice with the exception of Super Stock which is 5% below invoice. Jailbreaks are not included due to allocation restraints.

We have reduced the Wrangler 392 order price from $7000 to $8000 effective today, 2/19/22.

We of course will continue the following:

6% Below Invoice on all other Jeep Orders

$10,000 off MSRP or 11% below MSRP whichever is greater on the TRX

DODGE is at 6% below Invoice with the exception of Super Stock which is 5% below invoice. Jailbreaks are not included due to allocation restraints.

ALL ORDERS ARE 100% PRICE PROTECTED!!

Plus your states tax, tags and $899 Processing Fee.

Please email [email protected] with the PDF from Rams website and we will build and price it out for you! Please do not call the dealership as only a select few handle this program.

For an order status please email [email protected]. Please provide your VON or VIN in the email.

ALL ORDERS ARE 100% PRICE PROTECTED!!

Plus your states tax, tags and $899 Processing Fee.

Please email [email protected] with the PDF from Rams website and we will build and price it out for you! Please do not call the dealership as only a select few handle this program.

For an order status please email [email protected]. Please provide your VON or VIN in the email.
I had attempted a Build today and it looked like it was going to be at MSRP. I guess this deal is over.

m.hamner

Reaction score
Hey at least you wont pay extra double delivery or double triple documentation fees!
I don't really care if they charge me 1000 delivery fees or quintuple documentation fees. If the truck out the door with them is cheaper than the competition, that's the deal. You have to look at bottom line. These guys beat mark dodge by 250 bucks for my set of variables.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't really care if they charge me 1000 delivery fees or quintuple documentation fees. If the truck out the door with them is cheaper than the competition, that's the deal. You have to look at bottom line. These guys beat mark dodge by 250 bucks for my set of variables.
I'm certainly glad it worked out for you, unfortunately it doesn't for everyone and all consumers are looking for is for a dealer to be straight forward without extra fluff and charges...end of story!

m.hamner

Reaction score
I'm certainly glad it worked out for you, unfortunately it doesn't for everyone and all consumers are looking for is for a dealer to be straight forward without extra fluff and charges...end of story!
You're absolutely right. It certainly bears repeating the phrases "buyer beware" and "A sucker is born every minute - PT Barnum" in your head as you navigate the pitfalls of certain industries. The problem with the auto industry is more of a PR issue I find, because across industry extra charges are everywhere, not just in the auto industry. Unbridled cynicism isn't the way to go, but neither is unmerited hope with naïveté. Somewhere in the middle seems to be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread