5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Hello everyone, looking at buying my first Ram truck. Here is the Link to Window Sticker
Laramie 4X4 sports trim with MSRP of $55,465. Cheapest I could find around me was $42,500 before TTL fees. Any advice before I pull the trigger? Anything in particular to look for when kicking the tires? It is going to be driven about 240 miles to relocate it from Spring Tx to DFW.

Thanks!

That's a solid price. I was looking around DFW and I had great deals with Meador, but they didn't have exactly what I wanted.

mike-colias-wsj

Reaction score
I cover the auto industry for the Wall Street Journal (hoping the site admin doesn’t deem this spam cuz it’s not, really). I’m writing an article about rising prices for full-size pickups & the features buyers are willing to spring for. Would love to get some thoughts from a few ’19 Ram owners about their reasons for purchase.
Please contact: mike dot colias @ wsj dot com

Mason1217

Reaction score
Anyone from southeast Michigan recently bought Ram 1500?
I tried a few dealers, they only offer $1500-$2000 max off(dealer price) excluding the rebates/incentives.
What trim are you looking at? Go to d I c k huvarree in Richmond and ask for Brian noteboom. They had 435 rams in stock when I got my bighorn

Joed

Reaction score
What trim are you looking at? Go to d I c k huvarree in Richmond and ask for Brian noteboom. They had 435 rams in stock when I got my bighorn
I am looking for Laramie with advanced safety package (they don't have any Laramie with this package), I already tried to contact them but they didn't replay back (through email). Guess I have to go there to find out how much discount they offer if I order through them.

JeffK2019

Reaction score
What’s your zip code? And how far are you willing to travel for a deal? I’d be happy to look for a decent dealer near you that might help you out.

That 60.5k price seems to high unless you have a trade in this equation.

Same for you, what’s your zip and how far are you willing to go?

I am in the Central Valley of CA. I have been tracking various vehicles at different dealers and keeping track of the deals they are offering at least via their web sites. I had 3 or 4 of these available to share with my local dealer when we sat down to do my order and he said "don't worry, we will make it right with you"! We never got to the price negotiation on my order since items like the ORG were not available (I was sitting with the GM at the computer and they were grayed out). He said on Feb 7th they were getting some major updates from the factory and he hoped a full order could be placed then so I should come back. I plan to be there when they open this Thur and see if we can move forward with an order. I prefer to support my local dealer, they are literally less than 2 miles from my house, plus they do have a good reputation. I have a trade but have no problem selling it outright if needed (it's a high mileage 150k Suburban only KBB around 10k so nothing major).

Many of the Limited models I have tracked around CA have the tow package and hence no 360 camera. I could maybe live without that but the lack of automatic folding mirrors via the tow package is a deal breaker as I have a very narrow garage to navigate. I also will use this truck for my job and having the 33 gallon tank so I can be picky about where I fill up (a full $1/gallon gas price swing easily around this state) will help greatly.

My dealer gets his last chance on Thur and if that doesn't happen I will get serious and start traveling to view some others and buy my best match off a lot. Driving 200 miles if needed doesn't bother me. What does bother me is some of the comments/reputations of these dealers with "great" deals on their web sites. I frankly hate the car buying process and would prefer a no nonsense final price be right on the windshield like Carmax does with used vehicles!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
at the end of the day a good deal is all in the eye of the beholder

one buyer may shave a few more nickles off their deal then another but with all the variables involved that certainly doesn't mean they got any "better" of a deal
This is exactly right. The only thing that matters about a deal is how you feel about it. Asking what others think of your deal, if you've already made it, is kind of pointless because a) you can't change it, and b) it's only going to make you feel bad about yourself if other people say it sucks. If people say it's great, who cares? We're all just a bunch of 1s and 0s on a computer screen - don't let that affect your own sense of worth.

If you like the deal you got, then you got a good deal. I've bought stuff that I "overpaid" for, if you asked someone else, and felt like I got a great deal, and I've bought stuff that I "got a great deal on", if you asked someone else, that I thought was overpriced and I got ripped. There's more to a deal than just the money that changes hands. Time, convenience, experience, product, etc.

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Laramie 4x2 Crew cab 5.7L Hemi
Level 2 group
Advanced Safety group
3.92 rear axle + Elocker
12" UConnect
Trailer brake control

MSRP $54,550, ordered 12/22 and dealer said that while they had to do rebates at delivery, they worked out a price then and said they'd stick to it regardless of $10,900 off MSRP

They kept their word and the price when we pick it up next week will be $43,650 + TTL. Never bought from FCA before and our local dealers move tons of trucks but the process was quite easy. From this thread, I've seen a couple better deals in terms of % off MSRP, but I think only on higher level trims, so I'm satisfied and barring last-minute surprises, it will be one of the easier vehicle purchases I've made.

DharmaDog

Reaction score
You might check out Nyle Maxwell too. Just bought a Longhorn from them with an 18.3% discount off of MSRP. That’s before tax, etc.

I bought my 2015 Mustang GT from Covert and had a pretty good experience with them too. The Mustang is about to be up for sale.

Happy hunting/shopping!

That's a good deal. Can you break this down further? What options, what was MSRP, what rebates/incentives applied?

I've ordered a Longhorn through Nyle Maxwell. I shopped about 30 dealers within a certain radius of Waco, and got decent responses back from 14 of them. Out of those, Nyle Maxwell had the best number, so I ordered. But I'm only getting 13.3% below MSRP. Of course, I don't have to go through with the sale, but...

Would love to get another couple thousand off, and your 18.3% below MSRP suggests it's possible.

Last edited:

Deriggs007

Reaction score
That's a good deal. Can you break this down further? What options, what was MSRP, what rebates/incentives applied?

I've ordered a Longhorn through Nyle Maxwell. I shopped about 30 dealers within a certain radius of Waco, and got decent responses back from 14 of them. Out of those, Nyle Maxwell had the best number, so I ordered. But I'm only getting 13.3% below MSRP. Of course, I don't have to go through with the sale, but...

Would love to get another couple thousand off, and your 18.3% below MSRP suggests it's possible.

Nyle Maxwell and Covert are similar in prices. I enjoyed the attention that Covert gave me over the price that Nyle Maxwell slices off the top. The rebates/incentives is where the 18.3% off MSRP starts rolling around, but depends on trim.

For example. A truck I wanted from Nyle, but I could not work with the sales rep. They just want your attention in person... here it is:
https://www.nylemaxwellcdjr.com/inv...w-1500-laramie-4x2-crew-cab-1c6rrejt7kn716801

Price is $57,205 MSRP. They have $7500~ in dealer discounts which equals about 15% off of MSRP. That's before negotiating more down (which they do) However, I will leave that out of the equation in this formula.

You tack on the $2,750 incentive plus dealer discount and you're at what the link says of $46884, which is roughly 18% off of MSRP just from Dealer + Ram incentive.
In my case, I tacked on another $2,250 in rebates that I qualified for and would pay $44634 which is 22% off of MSRP before trying to negotiate dealer discounts.

I worked with Covert and got similar dealer discounts and same rebates on same price truck with the separate option I wanted, rolled in my taxes, rolled in $2,671 in negative equity and still came out around $7,000 less in MSRP or 12% off MSRP OTD which is everything + negative equity. With no negative equity, I would had been 17% off MSRP OTD

Hope this helps.

Dorsey86

Reaction score
Picked up a longhorn in Alvin (Houston) last week. MSRP was 65,700. They let it go with all rebates for 55k +TTL. Only longhorn I could find on a lot around here with lvl 1, advanced safety and off-road group that had the saddle/black interior. Almost made it to 17% off.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Picked up a longhorn in Alvin (Houston) last week. MSRP was 65,700. They let it go with all rebates for 55k +TTL. Only longhorn I could find on a lot around here with lvl 1, advanced safety and off-road group that had the saddle/black interior. Almost made it to 17% off.

That's where my truck was going to be coming from. Covert worked a deal with Alvin (Roncarter right?) but the vehicle they were working out ended up being the Demo vehicle with 5K miles already on it...

So now they're trying to find another trade, hopefully it works closer in my favor.

Dorsey86

Reaction score
That's where my truck was going to be coming from. Covert worked a deal with Alvin (Roncarter right?) but the vehicle they were working out ended up being the Demo vehicle with 5K miles already on it...

So now they're trying to find another trade, hopefully it works closer in my favor.

It was Ron Carter. They gave me a fair shake. I hope they find you something better, 5k is a little much. I got a hell of a deal one time on a service loaner. It only had 2600 on it at the time of purchase. They tried to downplay The mileage amount until I reminded them the US is 2800 miles coast to coast.

KeithDewey

Reaction score
Bought 2/2/19 at Texan Dodge in Kingwood, TX:
2019 Bighorn Sport Crew Cab 4x2, 5.7L, Bright White
Level 2 package
Sport Pkg
LED premium lighting pkg
33 gallon tank, Alpine stereo
Anti spin diff, Uconnect 8.4" w/Nav
Blind Spot Monitoring, 20" chrome wheels

Dealer add ons - tinted front glass, locking lug set

$49,765 MSRP
$37,900 + TTL price negotiated

I added Laramie 22" alloy wheel/tires from Ebay (take offs from 19 Laramie), rear wheel liners, sprayed in bedliner, Trail FX 5" black oval steps, WeatherTech front mats, Husky Gearbox under bench seat storage

81points

Reaction score
I just picked up a 50k 2019 1500 BigHorn 4X4 Blacked Out for 39k before tax and fees.
I also got the 6yr/75k Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan for $995.00. Still reading up on the extended warranty contact to see if I want to keep it. I just realized it has a $200 deductible.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I negotiated 20% off MSRP and the Final Price at the time of the order (not at the time of delivery)

MSRP: $51,765
Paid: $41,515

JeffK2019

Reaction score
I am in the Central Valley of CA. I have been tracking various vehicles at different dealers and keeping track of the deals they are offering at least via their web sites. I had 3 or 4 of these available to share with my local dealer when we sat down to do my order and he said "don't worry, we will make it right with you"! We never got to the price negotiation on my order since items like the ORG were not available (I was sitting with the GM at the computer and they were grayed out). He said on Feb 7th they were getting some major updates from the factory and he hoped a full order could be placed then so I should come back. I plan to be there when they open this Thur and see if we can move forward with an order. I prefer to support my local dealer, they are literally less than 2 miles from my house, plus they do have a good reputation. I have a trade but have no problem selling it outright if needed (it's a high mileage 150k Suburban only KBB around 10k so nothing major).

Many of the Limited models I have tracked around CA have the tow package and hence no 360 camera. I could maybe live without that but the lack of automatic folding mirrors via the tow package is a deal breaker as I have a very narrow garage to navigate. I also will use this truck for my job and having the 33 gallon tank so I can be picky about where I fill up (a full $1/gallon gas price swing easily around this state) will help greatly.

My dealer gets his last chance on Thur and if that doesn't happen I will get serious and start traveling to view some others and buy my best match off a lot. Driving 200 miles if needed doesn't bother me. What does bother me is some of the comments/reputations of these dealers with "great" deals on their web sites. I frankly hate the car buying process and would prefer a no nonsense final price be right on the windshield like Carmax does with used vehicles!

Another meeting with the dealer (2/7, 9 AM), I was waiting at their door when they opened! GM on pulling up the computer claimed Limited's were on restriction so we could order but no idea when the build would happen. I said fine lets at least get it in the system. Once again ORG grayed out. He switched my eTorque to the regular HEMI and now ORG was available. I have no idea how that even makes sense? GM claimed he was going to contact his RAM rep today and find out what is going on, will call me later today.

If I am going to order then I want to order what I want, which includes eTorque and ORG and a basically fully loaded Limited other than the tow group (I want my folding mirrors) and I prefer the 20 inch wheels, not 22's. Toughest $60k I ever tried to spend!

What month would the 2020 model typically hit? Maybe I nurse my Suburban another few months and target the 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread