5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Shelby

Reaction score
sticker on my truck was 49k and some change, I signed for 46500. Laramie sport appearance crew cab

filli_at

Reaction score
What do ya'll think about this deal, bighorn 4x4 black package, offroad package, rambox, alpine, tow package, utility bed package, elocker, led headlights. MSRP $53,350, OTD price $46,952 includes $2000 worth of rebates.

ryelinek

Reaction score
What do ya'll think about this deal, bighorn 4x4 black package, offroad package, rambox, alpine, tow package, utility bed package, elocker, led headlights. MSRP $53,350, OTD price $46,952 includes $2000 worth of rebates.

If that is OTD to include all Tax, Titles, and Fees then that isn’t too bad. I assume you are getting around 9k ish off with dealer discounts and rebates then add TTF’s in. If that’s the truck you want with those options then that’s pretty good.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Commercial sales had pretty good discounts at the time I made my trade... canadian pricing...

19' Rebel loaded MSRP - $71,400

Cash + trade, total due on delivery - $51,040

ryelinek

Reaction score
I’d say 10k off should be the target to shoot for. Dealers have that in the margins on these fully loaded higher trims. Mine was 9.5 off plus another 1.5 in rebates.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say 10k off should be the target to shoot for. Dealers have that in the margins on these fully loaded higher trims. Mine was 9.5 off plus another 1.5 in rebates.
I agree seems like most ppl on here are getting 9-10k off from what I am reading

carbuy11

Reaction score
Any ideas on what the 4th of July and End of Summer sales are all about? I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 but am curious if there will be sales next week.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Any ideas on what the 4th of July and End of Summer sales are all about? I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2019 but am curious if there will be sales next week.

Don’t know about Ram, this is my 1st, but Chevy sales were always tricky. Maybe MSRP went up, sometimes certain rebates could not be used, always a different angle. I am happy with the deal I got. Like others said, higher trims you should shoot for 10 off

Boatjockey

Reaction score
They vary by model and zip code. Use this link and pick your model and enter your zip code:

https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives.html?modelYearCode=CUT201920
In my area it shows only a $500 cash offer good to July 5th so getting almost $10K off the sticker was a good deal. I sent an email to all 15 dealers in my area and 6 responded with offers within a day or two. Then I did a second round and took the lowest offer to my local dealer. He beat it and got my business.
I try to avoid going to dealership until it's time for the final deal. Having a couple of salespeople crowding me as soon as I pull up is just annoying.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went and looked at one the other day, was in the showroom for 10 minutes. No one else there just me. Not one salesperson came out to help me. Guess I wasn't wearing my"I WANT TO BUY A TRUCK" T shirt. On to the next dealer

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I went and looked at one the other day, was in the showroom for 10 minutes. No one else there just me. Not one salesperson came out to help me. Guess I wasn't wearing my"I WANT TO BUY A TRUCK" T shirt. On to the next dealer
I like to go in wearing my cheap Walmart clothes and see how they pre judge me. My other car is a $100K+ MB so if they see me pulling in the lot they tend to charge the car but if I can get by them without seeing me pull up, then the fun begins, lol. I tried the e-mail method this time and it was a lot easier and a lot less annoying to get a good deal. Way to go from now on in my opinion.

mm-etech

Reaction score
What kind of discount $$$ should I expect if I am "ordering" a loaded limited 4X4. + eTorque, possible RamBox (if they ever go to production!) in Georgia ($66K MSRP). They have similar model minus eTourque & RamBox on the lot and discounting ~$8 - $9K

Boatjockey

Reaction score
What kind of discount $$$ should I expect if I am "ordering" a loaded limited 4X4. + eTorque, possible RamBox (if they ever go to production!) in Georgia ($66K MSRP). They have similar model minus eTourque & RamBox on the lot and discounting ~$8 - $9K
$9-10K off the sticker is a good deal in my opinion. Here in Texas everyone seems to drive a pick up truck so discounts are not as big. Their attitude is if you don't buy it the next guy will. I got almost $10K off by using the email method and then presenting the lowest bid to my closest dealer.

ryelinek

Reaction score

I’d shoot for around 10k off total give or take. Anything higher is a really good deal. All depends on how close you get to your “perfect” truck too. If you get exactly what you want then I wouldn’t kill yourself to get the best deal possible if the truck is 100% to your desired specs. If you are settling to get a truck sooner that doesn’t have an option you wanted or maybe color then I would want to make sure the price made it worth it.

My truck was 66,150 and I got 9,500 off from the dealer plus another 1,500 off in rebates which was awesome. You should be able to get 10k off honestly if you shop around.

Just make sure you DO NOT let them double charge you for destination fees. A lot of the dealers in my area love to sell trucks on what appears to be a good discount but then add another additional 1645 back in as a fee. Meanwhile it’s already factored into sticker cost. Just triple check everything to make sure they aren’t pulling one over on you.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here in Texas everyone seems to drive a pick up truck so discounts are not as big. Their attitude is if you don't buy it the next guy will.
I've encountered some of that here in north Texas. For what it's worth, I did my research on which dealer I'd actually want to do service with over the long term (i.e. convenient location, well-established, etc.), and then I worked directly with them from the start. Purchase price was important...but not everything.

Users who are viewing this thread