5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

drad5757

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Base Price $45,695
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat 100
Level 2 Equipment Group 4,595
Front and Rear rubber floor mats 135
5.7 Hemi eTorque 2,645
20x9 inch Premium Paint/Polished wheels 1,295
Destination Charge 1,695
-------
Total MSRP 57,700
Had them add a spray in bedliner and utility rails with adjustable tie downs
I don't know the Invoice (irrelevant to me)
$4,750 in factory incentives, not sure of the breakdown, but $1000 was for using GEICO car buyer service
and negotiated (a full day's hard work) an additional $6098 for a final price of
$46,852
I had to agree to finance with Chrysler Capital at 5.9%
East Hanover New Jersey

Dreng

Reaction score
Update. Found a good deal online for one vehicle. Came in, did some negotiating. Fell through because they would only give me $12.5K for my trade where all other dealerships were at $17.5K......,.

Waste of time that was

I have had that happen a few times. That is how some dealers get the best price compared to others.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 1500 4x4 5.7 E-torque Limited Diamond Black - MSRP $66,745, Paid $54,568 at the best price in North America possible (#1 Bluebonnet Ram, TX)

That sounds like a good price, JJRamTX. It’s a little over 18% off MSRP.

I’m just north of Austin and I’ve been checking out Bluebonnet Ram’s inventory. Also looking at Covert’s in Austin.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
That sounds like a good price, JJRamTX. It’s a little over 18% off MSRP.

I’m just north of Austin and I’ve been checking out Bluebonnet Ram’s inventory. Also looking at Covert’s in Austin.

I've been looking there. Covert doesn't seem to be too bad, but I haven't had good sales service with them because I'm not in the dealership and not getting much attention from anyone.

Also look at Nyle Maxwell, they beat Covert's prices and don't play any games. But anytime I call, the sales rep I speak too doesn't seem very customer friendly... from my experience. Might be different when you show up.

Last edited:

EZout

Reaction score
That was the deal I got when we ordered my truck. I was "locked in" to the rebates offered in November when ordering and placing a $500 deposit, but if the rebates were to increase when it came in (December or January), I would get the better of the two. My trade in value was good too until delivery time too, provided I didn't wreck it or something.

Thanks for your input and response to my question.

EZout

Reaction score
I’m in northern CA and having a hard time even getting local dealers to provide me with a quote on a Limited. They’ve been given a breakdown of exactly what I want, even with option Codes listed, told there’s no trade in and that i realize the the truck would be a special order and that I’m ready to say, “yes” to the right deal.

Dennis Dillon and Jeff Smith in ID weren’t willing to come close to deals I’ve seen on this thread either.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Best deal i have right now is 10k off a 55k Laramie. Looks like I will be going with this one as all the other dealers are screwing me around. I got least payment quotes between 475 and 770 for the exact same MSRPs.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been looking there. Covert doesn't seem to be too bad, but I haven't had good sales service with them because I'm not in the dealership and not getting much attention from anyone.

Also look at Nyle Maxwell, they beat Covert's prices and don't play any games. But anytime I call, the sales rep I speak too doesn't seem very customer friendly... from my experience. Might be different when you show up.

Yes. Nyle Maxwell has silver Longhorn that pretty much has what I want on it and doesn’t have stuff that I don’t want.

The MSRP is $63,565 and the asking price on their website is $52,386 which is 17.5% off of MSRP.

I’ll be ready to pull the trigger in about two weeks, and if they still have it then, I’ll likely try to deal with them on it.

Ls15

Reaction score
Got this offer:

4x4 laramie (54k msrp)
36/12 Lease @ 609/month
zero drive way (upfront costs and tax rolled into payment).

is this reasonable? i wanted to go lower so dropped to Big Horn trim and not getting much better numbers.

No you need more discount , also verify your mf/residual are correct .
I leased a 59k Laramie (2wd - lower residual) also I’m in Florida so incentives were **** here . I got 36/12 at 550/mo 1st payment DAS.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Yes. Nyle Maxwell has silver Longhorn that pretty much has what I want on it and doesn’t have stuff that I don’t want.

The MSRP is $63,565 and the asking price on their website is $52,386 which is 17.5% off of MSRP.

I’ll be ready to pull the trigger in about two weeks, and if they still have it then, I’ll likely try to deal with them on it.

Place a $500 deposit for them to hold it.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
No you need more discount , also verify your mf/residual are correct .
I leased a 59k Laramie (2wd - lower residual) also I’m in Florida so incentives were **** here . I got 36/12 at 550/mo 1st payment DAS.

What did you do to help negotiate that? What was the actual price of the truck, your residuals everything like that? I prefer to lease over own but just like him/her. I have not had any good luck with leases here.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Not sure what Discounts you need to
Get for these prices but they are really good.
https://www.lauracdjr.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-e52b480d0a0e0ae85513f9f61627a918.htm
I did not buy mine here but maybe should have

I'd be careful. There are a couple dealers here who did the exact same thing and ended up being a couple of the WORST deals at the end of it. Eg. 13K dealer discount but added 4K into dealer options. Only give $12500 for a trade where all other dealers were $17500

That's how they get their numbers back. Honestly, most dealers are about the same until you do hard balling and need to move inventory.

Dreng

Reaction score
I'd be careful. There are a couple dealers here who did the exact same thing and ended up being a couple of the WORST deals at the end of it. Eg. 13K dealer discount but added 4K into dealer options. Only give $12500 for a trade where all other dealers were $17500

That's how they get their numbers back. Honestly, most dealers are about the same until you do hard balling and need to move inventory.

I was trying to work a deal on a new AT4 with there GMC dealership. If there Ram dealer is similar the advertised price is the price with no other add ons.

The issue came with trade in value. I had 3 other dealers offer $34k for my trade and they only offered $27k.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I was trying to work a deal on a new AT4 with there GMC dealership. If there Ram dealer is similar the advertised price is the price with no other add ons.

The issue came with trade in value. I had 3 other dealers offer $34k for my trade and they only offered $27k.

Yep, exactly that. A user here suggested I go to North Star dodge as that's where he got his. Hopefully that client connection helps. I may stop out there today to see if I can work a deal. It's just they're not that competitive compared to some other dealers. At the end of the day...they're all about the same.

Jlud

Reaction score
Ok...new to the forum. I saw a Woodhouse add for 16k off a big horn 49k down to 33k. I have bought from them before they were great and deliver for free. Looking at other prices this seems much much cheaper than many have paid....so asking what gives? I’ll give them a call tomorrow as really their add was only thing that got me looking as it’s a want not a need. They are not a bait and switch place...does ram have too many of these out and are getting worried already?

Username1

Reaction score
2019 ram rebel 5.7 4x4 quad cab level 1 group towing package
sticker 50,400 I believe
don't know invoice
traded a 2016 Chevy Silverado 15000 quad cab 4x4 ltz71 for 29000
out the door price before trade in was 42800
Opinions? good deal? felt like It was. no other dealership was offering me that price for even a bighorn

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 ram rebel 5.7 4x4 quad cab level 1 group towing package
sticker 50,400 I believe
don't know invoice
traded a 2016 Chevy Silverado 15000 quad cab 4x4 ltz71 for 29000
out the door price before trade in was 42800
Opinions? good deal? felt like It was. no other dealership was offering me that price for even a bighorn
All that matters is whether *you* feel like you got a good deal. If you feel that way, then you got a good deal :)

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Base Price $45,695
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat 100
Level 2 Equipment Group 4,595
Front and Rear rubber floor mats 135
5.7 Hemi eTorque 2,645
20x9 inch Premium Paint/Polished wheels 1,295
Destination Charge 1,695
-------
Total MSRP 57,700
Had them add a spray in bedliner and utility rails with adjustable tie downs
I don't know the Invoice (irrelevant to me)
$4,750 in factory incentives, not sure of the breakdown, but $1000 was for using GEICO car buyer service
and negotiated (a full day's hard work) an additional $6098 for a final price of
$46,852
I had to agree to finance with Chrysler Capital at 5.9%
East Hanover New Jersey
My old stomping ground! My grandparents lived in EH right across the street from the HS on Mt. Pleasant Ave. They're both buried there and I spent years going to all the Italian places around there, tours of Nabisco, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread