5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Got this offer:

4x4 laramie (54k msrp)
36/12 Lease @ 609/month
zero drive way (upfront costs and tax rolled into payment).

is this reasonable? i wanted to go lower so dropped to Big Horn trim and not getting much better numbers.

My price for about the same MSRP for a purchase is $785/month for 72mo. My credit isn't so hot right now, otherwise it would be closer to 720's.

I would not lease a RAM for that price different, personally. It's about $150 more to own it, granted for a bit longer of a term. Dropping a trim will not improve the rates all too much. I wanted to lease first before purchasing but looking at the differences, it makes more sense to cough up the cash.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
My price for about the same MSRP for a purchase is $785/month for 72mo. My credit isn't so hot right now, otherwise it would be closer to 720's.

I would not lease a RAM for that price different, personally. It's about $150 more to own it, granted for a bit longer of a term. Dropping a trim will not improve the rates all too much. I wanted to lease first before purchasing but looking at the differences, it makes more sense to cough up the cash.
I'm on the fence about that. I've never kept a vehicle longer than 4yrs. You are always upside down in a vehicle if you try to buy and trade in later or sell. I doubt I will pay off this Ram and keep it, so that is why I am looking to lease. I currently lease a Ford F150, and at 3 years things are starting to show the wear. I can see why warranties dont go beyond 36 months!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 1500 4x4 5.7 E-torque Limited Diamond Black - MSRP $66,745, Paid $54,568 at the best price in North America possible (#1 Bluebonnet Ram, TX)

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about that. I've never kept a vehicle longer than 4yrs. You are always upside down in a vehicle if you try to buy and trade in later or sell. I doubt I will pay off this Ram and keep it, so that is why I am looking to lease. I currently lease a Ford F150, and at 3 years things are starting to show the wear. I can see why warranties dont go beyond 36 months!

I'm currently in a lease. It's very easy to go over the miles. I'm already $1500 in the hole with mileage overage, will need new tires + a piece of scrap metal flew and hit the car leaving a crack in front bumper which is all going to be out of my pocket.

I agree that vehicles aren't worth what they are when you drive them off the lot and try to change in 3-4 years, but if you can afford the payment. Pay it off in 4 years and trade a $50K for still around $30K plus vs's it going right down the pooper. If you keep it for long term, like 7-8 years, it's still worth a decent penny for a down payment.

New and trade ins within 3-4 years are always negative equity. The purpose of a lease is you pay the depreciation of the vehicle. My Mazda was $32,000 - I leased it 3 years, so about $16K

Leasing a $50K ram doesn't mean your payments are $25K. it's more like $40K when leasing with RAM. I'm not saying leasing is bad, I'm a leaser more than an owner... but RAM leasing just doesn't seem to be competitive vs's buying. My lease payment was $100 less with a 10,000 mile 36 month limit. I'd chew through that in a year

Deriggs007

Reaction score
2019 1500 4x4 5.7 E-torque Limited Diamond Black - MSRP $66,745, Paid $54,568 at the best price in North America possible (#1 Bluebonnet Ram, TX)

Hey, I'm looking at that location. But I don't think they have the best prices in the area, sadly. I've heard the online stories of being #1 dealer, #1 prices etc etc. Yeah, I literally found every dealership within 100 miles better :( Not saying you didn't grab a deal or that they aren't competitive, but if you look at my package I'm after vs's anyone who carries the same vehicle. They come in $1-2K cheaper right off the bat.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking at that location. But I don't think they have the best prices in the area, sadly. I've heard the online stories of being #1 dealer, #1 prices etc etc. Yeah, I literally found every dealership within 100 miles better :( Not saying you didn't grab a deal or that they aren't competitive, but if you look at my package I'm after vs's anyone who carries the same vehicle. They come in $1-2K cheaper right off the bat.

I tried to buy up in Colorado at the #2 volume dealer in the US, Colorado Springs Dodge but they would only go 9K off MSRP, I got a bunch of Dealerships that would go 5-7K off MSRP in my search though.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I tried to buy up in Colorado at the #2 volume dealer in the US, Colorado Springs Dodge but they would only go 9K off MSRP, I got a bunch of Dealerships that would go 5-7K off MSRP in my search though.

Who did you work with? I'll try to work with them too. But like I was saying, didn't have good experience looking online and the first couple sales reps I talked too weren't very friendly. This might just be the fact that I keep calling dealerships and not going in.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I guess if this is #1, then Koons in VA is the GOAT. My deal beat this one by over 2%!

I'm on phone with them. The phone said #1 Volume seller in Texas and #2 certified something in south west or something. So just Texas and there aren't THAT many dealerships here ;).

They're all about the same in prices as far as I can tell. It just might have an extra 1-2%

Cannonball

Reaction score
I'm on phone with them. The phone said #1 Volume seller in Texas and #2 certified something in south west or something. So just Texas and there aren't THAT many dealerships here ;).

They're all about the same in prices as far as I can tell. It just might have an extra 1-2%
Git er dun!

Dreng

Reaction score

Let us know what you find and if it's worth contacting them.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Not really any different in price. They may be able to come down more in price after negotiations and haggling, but internet price and common sales. They are not very competitive.

The best sites in Texas that I’ve found straight online with no BS are covert, nyle maxwell and meador.

Other decent options are Boerne and bluebonnet which are easy to deal with.

Rest of dealers are all about the same. Bluebonnet and Boerne are about same price as the ones local. But tend to be more negotiable with addons but not price.

Reactions: Jro

katta

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind helping on this forum. Very useful in my purchase.

Purchased on Tuesday killer deal from Athens Ram in Georgia. Took forever of negotiation and had to use fine tooth comb reviewing contract for hidden charge. I think I wore them down before they wore down me.

Laramie CC 4x4 with L2, Uconnect 12, Sport Package, V8 Hemi and few others. No trade.
MSRP $59,705
Sale Price before rebates $47,366
-$1,000 USAA
-$500 Ram Retail Bonus Cash email offer
Final Price before tax title and registration $45,866
OTD Price $49,937

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind helping on this forum. Very useful in my purchase.

Purchased on Tuesday killer deal from Athens Ram in Georgia. Took forever of negotiation and had to use fine tooth comb reviewing contract for hidden charge. I think I wore them down before they wore down me.

Laramie CC 4x4 with L2, Uconnect 12, Sport Package, V8 Hemi and few others. No trade.
MSRP $59,705
Sale Price before rebates $47,366
-$1,000 USAA
-$500 Ram Retail Bonus Cash email offer
Final Price before tax title and registration $45,866
OTD Price $49,937

That sounds pretty good. Congrats, are you able to send that Retail Bonus Cash email offer so that I can also use it? ;)

I just found a decent deal on this blacked out vehicle. What do you guys think? https://www.boernedodge.com/invento...w-1500-laramie-rwd-crew-cab-1c6rrejt9kn705668

robbiele

Reaction score
For a Bighorn, yes.

At the moment, % goes down on average with the higher trims...seems like good deal is:

Bighorn: 22% or greater
Laramie: 18% or greater
Rebel: 16% or greater
Longhorn: 16% or greater
Limited: 15% or greater

Beyond those numbers, you're hunting for something unique to that vehicle, that dealer or rebate...your end of the month/quarter to hit accelerators, the truck that's been sitting on the lot for a while and the dealer and/or Ram have extra incentives, the USAA/PenFed/Sams Club offers.

Of course, all this can change based on incentives from the mothership changing.

I went to my local dealer and can't seem to get close to this. I think I'm going to have to go to a volume dealer. Is, this percentage the easiest way to know what price I should be getting? I really don't care how we get to a good deal and they can call it whatever they want, but I just want a good deal. Also, are these percentages before any potential rebates, or including rebates/incentives?

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer and can't seem to get close to this. I think I'm going to have to go to a volume dealer. Is, this percentage the easiest way to know what price I should be getting? I really don't care how we get to a good deal and they can call it whatever they want, but I just want a good deal. Also, are these percentages before any potential rebates, or including rebates/incentives?

That includes everything, all rebates and offers. Like you said, it's easier to work with that and let the dealer figure out where to pull the levers to get a price you're happy with.

When I was looking, the smaller dealers couldn't sniff near the volume dealers/motivated end of month dealers.

Yes, % is the easiest way to figure it because there's a lot of offers, rebates and various levels of motivation to move inventory.

If you read this thread from the beginning, it's quite apparent that regardless of when one buys, the incentives are highest for bighorn and lowest for the limiteds. That's true regardless of what they are in any given month and in any given geography.

Depending where you are and what trim you're after, searching through this thread should yield you the volume dealers who offer the greatest prices (and often with the least amount of hassle). You can always start there and shop around based on what you're looking for.

All IMO.

davidn0021

Reaction score
FYI, if you guys sign up with Truecar (even if you don't use them to ultimately buy) they send you an additional $500 rebate. No restrictions.

EDIT: Should preface that with the fact it came probably 2 weeks or so after I signed up. Used their search or inquiry tool to contact the dealers, but ultimately did not find any models that fit what I wanted with the dealers in their network so I waited for a couple weeks. That's when I got the email with the rebate code. Can be used at any dealership in combination with any other incentive/rebate. I know because I finally got my Limited last night with it!

Last edited:

davidn0021

Reaction score
I actually got two emails, same code. The first expires 1/31, the second one expires 2/2.

Users who are viewing this thread