5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

usedup

Reaction score
Bought an overpriced and over optioned 2024 Limited Night Edition
MSRP $87.210
RAM Discount $8721
Dealer Discount $6079
Dealer
threw in Rear Wheel Liners, WreatherTech Floor Liners , Splash Guards and a Pin Stripe.
I did get a very good price for the '23 Ford Platinum I traded in.
Should have put over priced in capital letterrs...but it is what it is.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
If you got $15K off the MSRP, then kudos to you, and you got a nice truck, it makes me miss my Laramie. But as I posted prior, that would cost me $1100.00 a year in personal property tax calculated from the MSRP, then based on NADA values every year. Its why I traded my 2019 Laramie 3500 4x4 SRW HO for a 2020 1500. My tax liability dropped by 50%, and I sold the 5ver so that extra PPT as well was eliminated. Its a buyers market for sure, but the government doesn't care if you get a great price.

Humphammer

Reaction score
How are you guys searching inventory nationwide?
I went to the official Ram site and built my truck. It then gives you an option of searching inventory within a specific number of miles from your location. It will list them by exact matches to others that have the closest to matching what you built. I found three exact matches within 250 miles of my location.

The best deal was at North Point Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Winston-Salem N.C. 2024 Ram Limited Elite $80,920 MSRP for $65,736.

PistolPeteSTL

Reaction score
2024 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab 4x4 with a few options.
Sticker $49k
Paid $40,104 out the door with all dealer fees.

In my area you can get a pretty big discount on V6 models, less so on Hemi Tradesmans.

Ramchattanooga

Reaction score
Any deals on orders for 2025 Ram? I'd like a limited, I know everyone says Mark Dodge in LA. Just seems like evertone's posting deals on leftover model purchases. I would like the new engine for better fuel economy. I've been looking at the eco diesels for a while, but they end up costing more. I put on 40-50k miles a year, minimal towing. Thanks

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any deals on orders for 2025 Ram? I'd like a limited, I know everyone says Mark Dodge in LA. Just seems like evertone's posting deals on leftover model purchases. I would like the new engine for better fuel economy. I've been looking at the eco diesels for a while, but they end up costing more. I put on 40-50k miles a year, minimal towing. Thanks
Call MD and see. You go to the build and price, option the way you want, and send them the build. They get right back to you with your cost. They only give the big discounts on builds, not stock vehicles. They can offer the deal, because they have to pay for every vehicle that sits on the lot, but ordered trucks go right out, costing them less.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at the thread by @AnthonyRI .

MARK DODGE Ordering Discounts for 2025 1500's​

He's very transparent and lists the discounts for each model. For example, Limited models are 12.5% off of MSRP. I've ordered from them in the past and service is top notch.

GorillaGreg

Reaction score
The discounts on the 2024’s have me really itching to get one. With a bit of work i have a dealer quote for $66k before taxes but with all other costs including doc fee for a Limited with Level 1 and Night Edition - MSRP of $81,930. Discount of $16k. Does that seem reasonable from what others see?

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The discounts on the 2024’s have me really itching to get one. With a bit of work i have a dealer quote for $66k before taxes but with all other costs including doc fee for a Limited with Level 1 and Night Edition - MSRP of $81,930. Discount of $16k. Does that seem reasonable from what others see?
That's not a bad price. 19.5% total off of MSRP. I'd feel better if it were $64,500 before taxes.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Ooops, was thinking quotes on '25s. Keep negotiating you might even do better as dealers would like to clear inventory.

Reaction score
I was able to pull off 20k off before tossing my trade into the mix.

GorillaGreg

Reaction score
I was able to pull off 20k off before tossing my trade into the mix.
Wow! Great deal. I’m in the DC metro area. Worked 4 dealerships and got $16k off MSRP which was the breaking point for most of them. I’m not financing through them so there was no back end money for the dealership - and because I despise the F&I process, they are delivering the truck to my house. I have a salesman that works hard for my business and felt I’d pushed it far enough.

mwoods269

Reaction score
2024 Ram 1500 Night Edition
MSRP $84,460
Dealer discount - $6000 (includes a $1250 private offer) The didn't think I knew that
Ram Discount - $9,926.50
Trade (2022 Ram Limited loaded, ram boxes etc no sunroof, 40k miles, same exact truck) -$50000 trade (KBB was $46k excellent)

On the road for $61,526

4 other dealers were $66,000 on the road no matter how much I tried dealing. As a matter of fact, my truck was transfered from a dealer that wouldn't deal LOL.....they just don't know it happened.

Now my trade is on the dealers lot for $49k which will probably sell for $47ish if I had to guess so the dealer must be playing numbers games, showing a loss etc.

Ramchattanooga

Reaction score
2024 Ram 1500 Night Edition
MSRP $84,460
Dealer discount - $6000 (includes a $1250 private offer) The didn't think I knew that
Ram Discount - $9,926.50
Trade (2022 Ram Limited loaded, ram boxes etc no sunroof, 40k miles, same exact truck) -$50000 trade (KBB was $46k excellent)

On the road for $61,526

4 other dealers were $66,000 on the road no matter how much I tried dealing. As a matter of fact, my truck was transfered from a dealer that wouldn't deal LOL.....they just don't know it happened.

Now my trade is on the dealers lot for $49k which will probably sell for $47ish if I had to guess so the dealer must be playing numbers games, showing a loss etc.
Where did you get the private offer for 1250 off?

Users who are viewing this thread