5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can one still put in an order for a 24 TRX? If so , what is the discount?
Thx
TRX orders weren't really even open for MY 2024 - it's dealer allocation only (except for a few rare instances). And production on the TRX is ending in about 2 weeks. So you'll need to find one on a lot somewhere.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had the dealer add larger tires on their truck negotiated as part of the order? Im thinking about asking for BFGs as part of my factory order but not sure if its the best way to do it.
I ordered my 23 with 18" wheels, and I had the dealer swap those onto my 21 and install my 20" wheels with wildpeaks on the 23. Lots of the dealers around here have new take-offs from swapping out OEM wheels and tires on new trucks for custom sets.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
For those following my Longhorn purchase saga, the deal is dead. Again.

My offer was aggressive, but I thought doable given what other dealers were discounting on their Limiteds. I also figured the Carmax offer for my Laramie could be matched too since Carmax would only offer what they thought they could and still make a good profit.

But they weren't willing to match on either discounts or trade-in leaving a spread of $5k. Thanks but no thanks.

Getting to be the end of the month so maybe they'll sweeten the deal.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
For those following my Longhorn purchase saga, the deal is dead. Again.

My offer was aggressive, but I thought doable given what other dealers were discounting on their Limiteds. I also figured the Carmax offer for my Laramie could be matched too since Carmax would only offer what they thought they could and still make a good profit.

But they weren't willing to match on either discounts or trade-in leaving a spread of $5k. Thanks but no thanks.

Getting to be the end of the month so maybe they'll sweeten the deal.

Don't let up.
Maybe expand your search.
You may stumble across a dealer needing to sell that 1 truck to hit a quota.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Jan 9th Took delivery of a 2024 Limited Blue Pearl Night Edition, 30 miles, pretty much loaded, from Mark Dodge. 18% off MSRP. Corey very helpful and Derick in logistics hired a transport to FL. Good experience. Jan 10 realize the ACC lane assist, front collision and auto brights not working. System indicating service required. Local Dealership found what they though was a defective windshield camera module, ordered a new part. Took truck in today and they couldn't get the new part to calibrate. Local dealer says windsheild is not Mopar, has been replaced and is not compatible with the modules (indicated Mopar requires an OEM Mopar windshield for the lane assist acc camera etc to work.) I'm not sure how it would know... But the windshield doesn't have the Mopar info or ram logo and is stamped as Fuyao brand. Obviously not Mopar OEM. I called MD and initially they say they have no record of it being replaced but they will search more in depth on tomorrow (wed 1/24). I hope they back up their great reputation and figure this out and work with the local dealer here to get everything working. So far it's been 25 hours in Shop to diagnose and 9 more to unsuccessfully install the new parts only to uncover the windshield issue. Any guidance from experienced people?

Thanks.

@Raabs
Did you create a new thread???

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Don't let up.
Maybe expand your search.
You may stumble across a dealer needing to sell that 1 truck to hit a quota.
Unfortunately my wife and I have our hearts set on Patriot Blue, a rare color. As you can see, I own Delmonico Red, which is my second favorite, and I was considering that color with the other dealer, but to get the wife on board...

If they offered Plum Crazy, she would be all in, cost be damned!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately my wife and I have our hearts set on Patriot Blue, a rare color. As you can see, I own Delmonico Red, which is my second favorite, and I was considering that color with the other dealer, but to get the wife on board...

If they offered Plum Crazy, she would be all in, cost be damned!
Now that there’s a TRX in Delmonico Red, the guys on the TRX forum have taken notice of the color. They’ve officially renamed it to Retirement Red

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jan 9th Took delivery of a 2024 Limited Blue Pearl Night Edition, 30 miles, pretty much loaded, from Mark Dodge. 18% off MSRP. Corey very helpful and Derick in logistics hired a transport to FL. Good experience. Jan 10 realize the ACC lane assist, front collision and auto brights not working. System indicating service required. Local Dealership found what they though was a defective windshield camera module, ordered a new part. Took truck in today and they couldn't get the new part to calibrate. Local dealer says windsheild is not Mopar, has been replaced and is not compatible with the modules (indicated Mopar requires an OEM Mopar windshield for the lane assist acc camera etc to work.) I'm not sure how it would know... But the windshield doesn't have the Mopar info or ram logo and is stamped as Fuyao brand. Obviously not Mopar OEM. I called MD and initially they say they have no record of it being replaced but they will search more in depth on tomorrow (wed 1/24). I hope they back up their great reputation and figure this out and work with the local dealer here to get everything working. So far it's been 25 hours in Shop to diagnose and 9 more to unsuccessfully install the new parts only to uncover the windshield issue. Any guidance from experienced people?

Thanks.
I may be wrong, but I think I saw on another thread somewhere, that the manufacture the OEM Ram glass. I know they don't make their own anymore, because I worked in the glass plant many times building ovens, and they tore down the plant.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks.
Sounds like you've been in contact with Aaron our GSM a few times over the last week.

Situation, for those following, is that this NOT a Mopar windshield and not installed by us. That we know for sure, because we wouldn't have installed non-oem AND we have no repair order on this in-stock unit for that. Likely that it was replaced in transit at some point before we even received it, we'll take care of it on our end either way in this case because clearly it's not right.

Floppyfish11

Reaction score
Sounds like you've been in contact with Aaron our GSM a few times over the last week.

Situation, for those following, is that this NOT a Mopar windshield and not installed by us. That we know for sure, because we wouldn't have installed non-oem AND we have no repair order on this in-stock unit for that. Likely that it was replaced in transit at some point before we even received it, we'll take care of it on our end either way in this case because clearly it's not right.
I know you posted a link to the pricing list for 2025 builds. I cannot find it on here, do you mind linking it again? and second is there any idea how much 2024s would come down once '25s start rolling out?
Thanks

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know you posted a link to the pricing list for 2025 builds. I cannot find it on here, do you mind linking it again? and second is there any idea how much 2024s would come down once '25s start rolling out?
Thanks

The pace of rebates SHOULD move to benefit 2024s if things are NORMAL as the 2023 inventory nears point of zero, and as 2025s start production, but impossible to know how much.
It is also effected by overall groundstock levels, sales compared to prior year, interest rates (for example if interest rates drop, mfrs may take a moment to wipe the sweat off their brow)
Waiting for the RIGHT time to buy a 2024 is going to really depend on how specific your needs are. There are obviously plenty on lots right now, but many of them are spec'd very similarly - so finding just one or two special features gets increasingly difficult.

Itwasfun702

Reaction score
Curious what others would do…. 2024 ram rebel g/t. Fully loaded. Stickers at $85k dealer offer with rebates is $74K. That’s about 13% off MSRP. I’ve told them my number is $71K which would be around 17% off MSRP.

what do you all think? Take the deal, wait and see what the rebates do tomorrow or hold out for $71K. IMG_4508.jpeg

mplaramie

Reaction score
Curious what others would do…. 2024 ram rebel g/t. Fully loaded. Stickers at $85k dealer offer with rebates is $74K. That’s about 13% off MSRP. I’ve told them my number is $71K which would be around 17% off MSRP.

what do you all think? Take the deal, wait and see what the rebates do tomorrow or hold out for $71K. View attachment 175825
I would hold and reach out to @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge. Your $71k number should be doable.

Do you have a trade? By the MSRP of $85k it's high options. Are they all must haves?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

what do you all think? Take the deal, wait and see what the rebates do tomorrow or hold out for $71K. View attachment 175825

How much of that $85K is purely the MSRP sticker and what if any are dealer "add ons".
If the dealer added on an extra few thousand then walk away.
If that is the pure MSRP, the 13% is a bit small.
As suggested above, check with Mark Dodge if not to purchase then at least get an idea of how much you may be getting ripped off.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I would hold and reach out to @AnthonyRI at Mark Dodge. Your $71k number should be doable.

Do you have a trade? By the MSRP of $85k it's high options. Are they all must haves?
If I had a Rebel GT on the lot I would kill that deal! 2025 ordering is open, but GT package isn't ready yet (should be in March for orders)

Runagun

Reaction score
If I had a Rebel GT on the lot I would kill that deal! 2025 ordering is open, but GT package isn't ready yet (should be in March for orders)
Anthony, Whenever you hear any news on the ramcharger. I'll be totally interested.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anthony, Whenever you hear any news on the ramcharger. I'll be totally interested.
I've got a list going for alerts on that - PM me your name/email, and if you have one of those "waitlist" codes (we're not sure what they do yet) and i'll add you to my list.
It's a manual list so you won't get spammed with other nonsense from us.

pillow popper

Reaction score
Tradesman Pricing

I admittedly haven’t been on this site very long, but I haven’t seen too many Tradesman builds. Most of y’all got some fancy trucks! I started my build with the Tradesman and then optioned it up from there. I considered the Big Horn, but it comes with things I don’t need as standard and I’d still have had to add the things that are must haves for me. Anyways, I thought this might interest some folks wanting to blur the lines between the Tradesman & Big Horn trim levels. Ultimately, this proved to be most cost-effective for me.

My must haves:
  • V8 Hemi
  • Crew Cab
  • 6.4 box
  • 4x4
  • 6 passengers
  • 33 gallon gas tank
  • 8.4 uConnect
  • Blind Spot
  • Tow Package

Options that appeal to me, but I can live without:
  • LED headlights
  • 60/40 Rear Bench
  • Automatic adjustable seats
  • Heated seats & steering wheel
  • Night Edition

As you can see in my signature, rather than bump up to the Big Horn I optioned out my Tradesman with my must haves and added the Night Edition as the only option that wasn’t a must have. Bonus - this build left me with a not-too-shabby max payload of 1,579 lbs given the cab, box, engine, drivetrain, gas tank, etc.

So, how’d pricing shake out?

MSRP: $59,790
MD Price (discounts, rebates, etc. + fees): $47,134.00, or $12,656.00 (21%) below MSRP
OTD (NC Tax + License): $49,005.65, or $10,784.35 (18%) below MSRP

Shout out to Anthony and the whole team over at Mark Dodge. I’ve never had a better vehicle buying experience in my life.

1706810926219.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread