5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Darren E

Reaction score
Hi all, new here but have been lurking for a few months. I am ready to purchase a new 2023 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7 box that is somewhat local to me. Truck has MSRP of $71970 and is currently advertised for just under 60k. Believe it or not, dealer has two of these trucks spec'd identically! What do you believe is a fair price to pay for this given the current market? Both of these trucks have been sitting for quite some time unsold. I don't need a new truck right now, and can wait for the new model year version, although right now it appears Ram is revamping and de-contenting the 2024s to bring prices down, so not real excited about that. Any advice on getting the 2023 vs waiting for a 2024?

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score
The revamped 2025 are suppose to come out early next year. I'd personally wait for those.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The revamped 2025 are suppose to come out early next year. I'd personally wait for those.

I normally would agree, however if he wants the last of the Hemi V8s to be in a RAM 1500, 2024 or 2023 is it, after that it's V6 only going forward. As for his question, the best deal is going to be left over 2023s.

If the V8 isn't a must for him, then absolutely I would wait for the mid-cycle refreshed 2025 as he stated he didn't need a truck right now.

pickupstix

Reaction score
Hi all, new here but have been lurking for a few months. I am ready to purchase a new 2023 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4 Crew Cab with 5.7 box that is somewhat local to me. Truck has MSRP of $71970 and is currently advertised for just under 60k. Believe it or not, dealer has two of these trucks spec'd identically! What do you believe is a fair price to pay for this given the current market? Both of these trucks have been sitting for quite some time unsold. I don't need a new truck right now, and can wait for the new model year version, although right now it appears Ram is revamping and de-contenting the 2024s to bring prices down, so not real excited about that. Any advice on getting the 2023 vs waiting for a 2024?
If it was an early 2023 build it might have the lower MSRP vs a later build because they did raise prices mid 2023. So take a look at the sticker and see. Also make sure you check all rebates you qualify for and try to get the $1000 coupon from building one on the Ram website. You might have to try different zip codes and an incognito browser. Then show them an offer, you can see what MD and Koons is currently showing to see what a good target is. Good luck

6of36

Reaction score
If it was an early 2023 build it might have the lower MSRP vs a later build because they did raise prices mid 2023. So take a look at the sticker and see. Also make sure you check all rebates you qualify for and try to get the $1000 coupon from building one on the Ram website. You might have to try different zip codes and an incognito browser. Then show them an offer, you can see what MD and Koons is currently showing to see what a good target is. Good luck
The incentives you see are for 24s only. 23s may have some but they would be different.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
On a 2023 model you should be looking for DEFINITELEY 20% off MSRP total between the 10% ram rebate (15% in some areas) and dealer discount.
Seeing as 2024s have $5500+ rebates before dealer discount. Feel free to post up your ideal spec's, I'd be happy to look what we've got and I know there are a few forum members who already have their new trucks that are just addicted to the hunt and would help find something lol.... y'all know who you are....

spyder

Reaction score
Yep, plenty of addicts. When I was hunting, I had a couple folks pm with links to great trucks. One of them was the forementioned 2022 model that is STILL on the lot for >10k over what I paid for my nearly the same 2023, that they wouldn't budge on. :D

Darren E

Reaction score
On a 2023 model you should be looking for DEFINITELEY 20% off MSRP total between the 10% ram rebate (15% in some areas) and dealer discount.
Seeing as 2024s have $5500+ rebates before dealer discount. Feel free to post up your ideal spec's, I'd be happy to look what we've got and I know there are a few forum members who already have their new trucks that are just addicted to the hunt and would help find something lol.... y'all know who you are....
Thanks Anthony - Ideal spec would be 5.7 Hemi, Sport hood, Advanced Safety group 9Adaptive Cruise + 360 camera) 3.92 gear, 33 gallon tank, 5.7 box, Granite Crystal Metallic (would love the Ceramic Gray if it was available), body colored grill, tow package with brake controller. Sunroof and digital dash would be nice, but not necessary. Lemme know, thanks.

Big Z

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
Welp. I just bought a used 2019 Ram Rebel with 70,000 miles on it. It came with the 12" nav screeen, sunroof, crew cab, and air suspension. I was able to talk the dealer down from $36.5k to $35k. I'm new the the Rebel world and Dodge in general. But I've been researching/looking around online at these 2019 years and wasn't able to find a better deal for one with both the 12" and sunroof for the price.

Driver

Reaction score
Just ordered and received a 24 Laramie purchased thru Mark Dodge.

I'm in Va and never dreamed I'd buy a vehicle 1200mi away. From order to delivery was just 8 weeks.

Here's the deal: Msrp, less 12.5% from the dealer, less rebates of $4500+1000+1000+ affiliate rebate of $930.
All in all, an msrp of $72,000 + netted down to $56,000 and change. It was a whopping 20% off of msrp. That's real money. Shipping home was about .75 per mile or $900. A no-brainer.

With the current rebates and Mark's discounts, it's the most amazing deal you are likely to ever get on a new 24 Ram!

Though Koons is very close to me I would not fool with them. They play games with a sky high $899 processing fee and you'll likely never get a straight answer on rebates which makes me wonder if they might withhold some. Don't know. Either way they acted like rebates are a bother.

Mark Dodge is the real deal and they run circles around guys like Grainger in Iowa, and really all the others.

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score

I'm in Va and never dreamed I'd buy a vehicle 1200mi away. From order to delivery was just 8 weeks.

Here's the deal: Msrp, less 12.5% from the dealer, less rebates of $4500+1000+1000+ affiliate rebate of $930.
All in all, an msrp of $72,000 + netted down to $56,000 and change. It was a whopping 22% off of msrp. That's real money. Shipping home was about .75 per mile or $900. A no-brainer.

With the current rebates and Mark's discounts, it's the most amazing deal you are likely to ever get on a new 24 Ram!

Though Koons is very close to me I would not fool with them. They play games with a sky high $899 processing fee and you'll likely never get a straight answer on rebates which makes me wonder if they might withhold some. Don't know. Either way they acted like rebates are a bother.

Mark Dodge is the real deal and they run circles around guys like Grainger in Iowa, and really all the others.
Good write up. Anyone and everything should only be buying from MD. Process is simple and won't find a better price or service from any other dealer. I always say there's dealers that want to make money on A car. And those dealers like MD that want to make money selling CARS.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Anthony - Ideal spec would be 5.7 Hemi, Sport hood, Advanced Safety group 9Adaptive Cruise + 360 camera) 3.92 gear, 33 gallon tank, 5.7 box, Granite Crystal Metallic (would love the Ceramic Gray if it was available), body colored grill, tow package with brake controller. Sunroof and digital dash would be nice, but not necessary. Lemme know, thanks.
Ok so you have a few things that are rare, driving a small result field:

Advanced Safety Group - We have only ONE in stock with that, good news it DOES hit almost all the other spec's

Trailer Tow Group - We have NONE in stock with that at the moment.

Now if you dropped advanced safety AND trailer tow, we have a few that are granite that may work...

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

All in all, an msrp of $72,000 + netted down to $56,000 and change. It was a whopping 22% off of msrp. That's real money. Shipping home was about .75 per mile or $900. A no-brainer.

Thank you for the kind words!!

Darren E

Reaction score
Ok so you have a few things that are rare, driving a small result field:

Advanced Safety Group - We have only ONE in stock with that, good news it DOES hit almost all the other spec's

Trailer Tow Group - We have NONE in stock with that at the moment.

Now if you dropped advanced safety AND trailer tow, we have a few that are granite that may work...
Anthony-this truck is what I am looking for! Black wouldn't be my first choice, but everything else is spot on. I should have been more specific about the trailer tow package-I need a trailer hitch and the brake controller, nothing else. I'll consider this. -Darren

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anthony-this truck is what I am looking for! Black wouldn't be my first choice, but everything else is spot on. I should have been more specific about the trailer tow package-I need a trailer hitch and the brake controller, nothing else. I'll consider this. -Darren
Sweet! Feel free to PM me your contact info and we can dial this in a little further for an OTD.

Darren E

Reaction score
Sent you a direct message through this forum. Le t me know if it doesn't come through, thanks.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Can't wait till the 25's build specs are released so I can get MD to order me one up. Come on Dodge.!!!

6of36

Reaction score
Can't wait till the 25's build specs are released so I can get MD to order me one up. Come on Dodge.!!!
Hold your breath. They didn't have info for 24s until less than two months before production, and 25 production will start later in the year than 24s did.

Users who are viewing this thread