5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought Tread Lightly was 1% off sticker. Yours would be 1% off discounted price. I haven't submitted mine yet.
Yep, 1% off $74,455 so $744.55 rounded to $745. You need to be a tread lightly member for 30 days to get the discount so if you haven't submitted your membership you need to get it done asap for the 1% if your truck is coming in in the next 30 days.

spyder

Reaction score
anyone from Southern california purchase a 1500 limited or 1500 rebel lately? if so how much did you negotiate off? only thing i see righ tnow for incentives are 4k off... i know each dealer is different but trying to get a ball park of what can be negotiated. looking at fully optioned limiteds and fully optioned rebels
Check with Hoblit in Woodland. It isn't southern California, but it's right by Sacramento airport. Their prices are typically pretty competitive with some of the better priced places I've seen around the country.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, 1% off $74,455 so $744.55 rounded to $745. You need to be a tread lightly member for 30 days to get the discount so if you haven't submitted your membership you need to get it done asap for the 1% if your truck is coming in in the next 30 days.
I joined in July, when I ordered. He said 13.5% off, plus 1% off for Tread Lightly, which sounded like additional 1% of sticker. Either way it's worth it. I don't off road my truck, but I do have a UTV, and support off roading anyway.

Cerebral314

Reaction score
That's consistent with what I'm hearing from customers in CA and northeast - dealer discount lives outside those areas it seems!
Anthony, do you typically know what the next months incentives will be before the general public? I'm curios if you have any insight on what Octobers incentives will be? Or do you have an idea of when you will know, and could you please share that info here when it becomes available. Its getting close the end of the month and I'm wondering if I should close my deal this month or drag my feet a few days for a possible better rebate in October?

blars215

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it.

Anybody know if the $1k email discount works with the 2.9% financing on 2023 1500's for September 2023?

Appreciate any insight!

6of36

Reaction score

Anybody know if the $1k email discount works with the 2.9% financing on 2023 1500's for September 2023?

Appreciate any insight!
I BELIEVE those combine, but just call any dealer, to confirm.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anthony, do you typically know what the next months incentives will be before the general public? I'm curios if you have any insight on what Octobers incentives will be? Or do you have an idea of when you will know, and could you please share that info here when it becomes available. Its getting close the end of the month and I'm wondering if I should close my deal this month or drag my feet a few days for a possible better rebate in October?
No we don't know in advance, it just populates the moment it is active. I wish we knew!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Appreciate any insight!
Negative - I just took an active TDM code and selected it, then hit the 2.9% - when I did, it unchecked the TDM. It does however stack with the National Consumer Cash for $3K off 2024s.

Someone who is better at math than me - what does the APR need to be to balance out saving $4K in cash?!

daveomatic

Reaction score
Negative - I just took an active TDM code and selected it, then hit the 2.9% - when I did, it unchecked the TDM. It does however stack with the National Consumer Cash for $3K off 2024s.

Someone who is better at math than me - what does the APR need to be to balance out saving $4K in cash?!

If you can get financing at 6% or less, you would be better off taking $4k. At about 6.5% is where it starts to make sense to consider 2.9% apr. I’m assuming roughly ~$50k loan for 60 months and also that there is no plan to pay off the loan early.

Rob_H

Reaction score
I just finalized my deal yesterday, not the full 20% off of MSRP that I could have done in August but getting (mostly) the right truck options on my list was more important to me....ended at just under 19% (18.7%) off of MSRP on a Limited Longhorn and will take delivery on Wed/Thurs this week. This was a cash deal but they were a good 9% below what other local dealers were willing to do and more than fair on my trade.

If anyone is looking for a connection in Western Canada (Edmonton area) let me know and I can connect you...I found and had mine pulled out of Kindersley, I did the legwork to find what I was after but dealer was easy to work with.

ublguy

Reaction score
Placed my order through Mark Dodge for a 2024 1500 Limited. Couldn't find what I needed on the lots for 2023. 12.5% under MSRP with additional $4k incentives and will ship to Wisconsin once it is completed. Very simple process so far if you were on the fence on ordering/buying one.

6of36

Reaction score
anyone getting huge discount and good financing? 2.9 or so
I talked to my salesman at Mark Dodge today, since my truck is now at tre train yard, waiting for the truck there. He said no financing deals right now 6%+.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I just finalized my deal yesterday, not the full 20% off of MSRP that I could have done in August but getting (mostly) the right truck options on my list was more important to me....ended at just under 19% (18.7%) off of MSRP on a Limited Longhorn and will take delivery on Wed/Thurs this week. This was a cash deal but they were a good 9% below what other local dealers were willing to do and more than fair on my trade.

If anyone is looking for a connection in Western Canada (Edmonton area) let me know and I can connect you...I found and had mine pulled out of Kindersley, I did the legwork to find what I was after but dealer was easy to work with.
Would you have been better off negotiating as if you were financing the purchase, and then just pay it off after the first month? I know a lot of places charge less for a truck that’s being financed knowing that they make money on the back end

6of36

Reaction score
Would you have been better off negotiating as if you were financing the purchase, and then just pay it off after the first month? I know a lot of places charge less for a truck that’s being financed knowing that they make money on the back end
There are no finance deals right now, and same price cash or finance. They didn't even ask.

Cerebral314

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday from Koons,

24 limited, Night edition, level 1, sunroof, anti spin, trailer brake controller, 3.92 gears.

Sticker 82,570
Dealer discounted price 72,195
Price with tread lightly discount 71,041
3k Factory rebate
1k bonus cash

Final Price before tax and fees 67,041

spyder

Reaction score
Almost 20% off sticker still? Nice! Looks like folks are still getting good deals on new stuff too.

Rob_H

Reaction score
Hi Paulie,

No, there were not any financing incentives that made sense; they did have an offer for 4.99% (if I remember right) but it wiped out the 10% factory discount and didn't need to finance so it didn't make sense for me. I ran the math several different ways over the 2 months or so going through the process and it is pretty much the same money in the factory discount portion just offered in different ways for customers looking for different options.

We are in the process of getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit for my wife right now and it is the same there; although they have a 0% option that we are considering to just leave our $ in the bank on this one.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread