5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound promising. ☹️
This was back at the end of 2021 , you might get better luck then me.
I lol'd when I got this email back as I already had a real quote from Mark Dodge, which I eventually ended up going with and don't regret it at all.
I emailed with my build asking for 5-8% off invoice.
1693966604662.png
I ended up with 6.4% under invoice before rebates.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I reached out a few dealers there and the prices were really high and one told me that Mark Dodge was a scam dealership and no one would sell that cheap when I asked if they could get close to pricing.
I was told the same thing in Michigan. THEY CAN'T SELL THAT CHEAP.:ROFLMAO:

RedFred

Reaction score
This was back at the end of 2021 , you might get better luck then me.
I lol'd when I got this email back as I already had a real quote from Mark Dodge, which I eventually ended up going with and don't regret it at all.
I emailed with my build asking for 5-8% off invoice.
View attachment 166748
I ended up with 6.4% under invoice before rebates.
I'm just wondering if they started moving on price at all more recently. I went to the dealer a few times in 2022 and once early in 2023. NJ dealers near me were either at MSRP or up to $5k over at that time. I suspect they are doing rebates only and no dealer discount now, but hoping someone could share some details from a recent visit.

dannydyn

Reaction score
I reached out a few dealers there and the prices were really high and one told me that Mark Dodge was a scam dealership and no one would sell that cheap when I asked if they could get close to pricing.
I got the same response a couple of years ago when I was shopping in my vicinity using Koon's quote. One of the dealers wanted to know where that quote was from (I whited out the Koon's name), saying for that price he was going to buy for himself.... Every single dealer couldn't believe the price and told me that can't be real and that there must be hidden strings attached or I'm getting scammed altogether.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got the same response a couple of years ago when I was shopping in my vicinity using Koon's quote. One of the dealers wanted to know where that quote was from (I whited out the Koon's name), saying for that price he was going to buy for himself.... Every single dealer couldn't believe the price and told me that can't be real and that there must be hidden strings attached or I'm getting scammed altogether.
There sure are a lot of extremely happy scammed people on these boards.😆

My next truck will come from Mark Dodge. Can’t wait to ask my local dealer to match that price.😁

dannydyn

Reaction score
There sure are a lot of extremely happy scammed people on these boards.😆

My next truck will come from Mark Dodge. Can’t wait to ask my local dealer to match that price.😁

Mark Dodge was pretty much identical to Koons on my latest (2024) quote, but Koons is only 5 hours away from me, whereas Mark is more like 24 hours drive back, so I went with Koons. Both were a pleasure to deal with however.

Derek916

Reaction score
Finally got the coupon to generate...I am in California and what worked for me was changing to a texas zip code and building a truck.

Anyways, perusing Mark Dodge's website and I see a 4x2 Laramie base MSRP is 52K, and a 4x4 Laramie base MSRP is now 60.2K?!? They better at least put fender flares and class hitch IV back as standard...

Noway

Reaction score
Finally got the coupon to generate...I am in California and what worked for me was changing to a texas zip code and building a truck.

Anyways, perusing Mark Dodge's website and I see a 4x2 Laramie base MSRP is 52K, and a 4x4 Laramie base MSRP is now 60.2K?!? They better at least put fender flares and class hitch IV back as standard...
if the UAW strike goes through and it lasts months as predicted you are going to regret not buying it. The big 3 are not Tesla and lower prices like Elon does. If anything you'll see more price increase for less features.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
if the UAW strike goes through and it lasts months as predicted you are going to regret not buying it. The big 3 are not Tesla and lower prices like Elon does. If anything you'll see more price increase for less features.
completely disagree!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Man this thread is a lot to keep up with lol.

1500 2024 Laramie 4x2 Shortbed starts at $58,175 MSRP
1500 2024 Laramie 4x4 Shortbed starts at $62,025 MSRP
Instock units are currently listed for $7K dealer discount, $3K retail rebate, $500 affiliate if valid
Orders on those are 12.5% off MSRP (so at least $7272 and up), $3K rebate, and 1% off our price affiliate (at least $510 and up)
If you OWN a CDJR vehicle (not lease) as well, there is a $1K retail loyalty rebate avail.

So long story short, instock maxes out at around $19% off MSRP
Orders about 20% max.

We can't help where the MSRP or what's included in it though!

Derek916

Reaction score
Man this thread is a lot to keep up with lol.

1500 2024 Laramie 4x2 Shortbed starts at $58,175 MSRP
1500 2024 Laramie 4x4 Shortbed starts at $62,025 MSRP
Instock units are currently listed for $7K dealer discount, $3K retail rebate, $500 affiliate if valid
Orders on those are 12.5% off MSRP (so at least $7272 and up), $3K rebate, and 1% off our price affiliate (at least $510 and up)
If you OWN a CDJR vehicle (not lease) as well, there is a $1K retail loyalty rebate avail.

So long story short, instock maxes out at around $19% off MSRP
Orders about 20% max.

We can't help where the MSRP or what's included in it though!
Haha, yeah.... anyways, are the 2024 stickers accurate then? This 2024 Laramie 4x4 base price is 57K. Confusing since I just saw a 2023 Laramie 4x4 on the website with a 60K base price.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Haha, yeah.... anyways, are the 2024 stickers accurate then? This 2024 Laramie 4x4 base price is 57K. Confusing since I just saw a 2023 Laramie 4x4 on the website with a 60K base price.

The link you shared is the 2024 for $56,985 base which doesn't include destination fee (I included it in my post).
2023 shouldn't be listed for more but feel free to post one if you see it that'd be strange?

Derek916

Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Figured it out - mostly - look at where the HEMI is listed.

On the 2023, the HEMI is listed only right at the beginning under base msrp with no price.
On the 2024, it is listed at beginning AND at end, with a price of $3045

Base + Hemi on those two window stickers
2023 $60,030
2024 $60,265

judsonlimited

Reaction score
Last Friday I purchased a 2023 Laramie sport. Sticker price $71040, purchase price was $58671.

73cd661de3a07115697d075df6dee8fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ublguy

Reaction score
Newbie here, first post.

I'm driving to a dealer tomorrow morning to talk about pricing that will require them to do a dealer trade. What should my expectations be for % of MSRP? Are certain features more desirable that the dealers refuse to discount? Thanks!

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Newbie here, first post.

I'm driving to a dealer tomorrow morning to talk about pricing that will require them to do a dealer trade. What should my expectations be for % of MSRP? Are certain features more desirable that the dealers refuse to discount? Thanks!
What model and options? Do your homework by reading thru this thread and recent posts. Pricing is very dependent on dealer, region and model. Be prepared to walk, get a ballpark offer for your trade from Carvana, and KBB. Be prepared to walk and then call Mark Dodge or Koons.

Users who are viewing this thread

• CCH