5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used 2014 as a reference because my ‘14 loaded Had air, 3.92, Hemi, rambox, 6’4” bed, ASD, etc. The additional HUD, digital rearview camera, MFT, etc. don’t make up such a huge difference. My point is that truck price increases have FAR outpaced inflation during the period. To ignore that fact is to be ignorant.
A 14 isn't even the same truck. To compare one is ignorant. Apples and oranges.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I didn’t cry or whine I pointed out a fact and backed it up with data. It’s a forum and we won’t always agree but facts are facts and truck prices have far outpaced inflation.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
A 14 isn't even the same truck. To compare one is ignorant. Apples and oranges.
It’s not. A 2014 had full leather, hemi, 3.92, rambox, ASD, trailer brake, etc. It’s not apples to oranges. I had one and my 2020 and I know what the differences are and to think the small tweaks are worth that big a price jump is foolish. Again, facts are facts. Anyway, this silly back and forth is detracting from the point of this thread so I won’t comment on it further.

6of36

Reaction score
Facts are, anything older than 2019, is nit the same truck, Classics, which ARE the same as a 2014, other than the things that are federally required, that weren't in 2014, are $10,000 cheaper than a DT. That tells you they are not the same. The increase since 2020 is less than the rate of inflation for the same time.

Dewey

Reaction score
Facts are, anything older than 2019, is nit the same truck, Classics, which ARE the same as a 2014, other than the things that are federally required, that weren't in 2014, are $10,000 cheaper than a DT. That tells you they are not the same. The increase since 2020 is less than the rate of inflation for the same time.
I can build a fully loaded Classic for $66,000. Try it and you’ll see.

6of36

Reaction score
I haven't tried building one, because I have no interest in them, but right when the DT came out, they said the reason they were continuing building them, is because people that couldn't afford a DT, could buy a Classic, and save $10,000. I don't know why someone wants to compare the price of a 4th gen body to a 5th. It's like comparing a Mustang II to a Fox Body.

RedFred

Reaction score
A Classic is a version of the 4th Gen. But you can not get a Classic in Limited or Laramie trim. So comparing a fully loaded Classic is not a fair comparison either. I don't even think you can get leather seats in a Classic.

RedFred

Reaction score
And really, I don't think it's ridiculous to compare a 4th gen Ram 1500 to a 5th gen Ram 1500. For comparisons sake, that's all you have to compare. It was the 1500 Ram for that year. And it came in all the different trims like you have today. And also, the trucks were not much different. My 2015 Laramie had the same hemi motor, the same 8 speed transmission, the same 8.4" infotainment that still comes standard on the Laramie, the interior is not much different, etc etc. (Sarcasm here-) Even had a backup camera.

6of36

Reaction score
A Classic is a version of the 4th Gen. But you can not get a Classic in Limited or Laramie trim. So comparing a fully loaded Classic is not a fair comparison either. I don't even think you can get leather seats in a Classic.
You can't get leather in a Big Horn. You can equip it the same as a Big Horn, and it's thousands less than a similarly equipped 5th gen. It is apples and oranges. You can not compare a 4th gen to a 5th gen.

RedFred

Reaction score
You can't get leather in a Big Horn. You can equip it the same as a Big Horn, and it's thousands less than a similarly equipped 5th gen. It is apples and oranges. You can not compare a 4th gen to a 5th gen.
Using the Classic to represent what the Ram 1500 line up was during the 4th gen run is not a fair representation of the 4th gen. The Classic is very limited in options and has a specific look to it, and is purposely made to be cheaper then a 5th gen bighorn and has less available options than a bighorn. Comparing a 2023 Ram 1500 to a 2015 Ram 1500 is a no brainer. What else would you compare it to if you wanted to go back a few years? And second, the 5th gen truck was not leaps and bounds different than the 4th gen. They shared the same powertrain and if you stepped from the 4th gen to a 5th gen of the same trim level, you would see a lot of similarities.

Dewey

Reaction score
I have leather in my Bighorn🤔

20ACAB80-8A91-4D1D-AE8A-2F356BC7A18B.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
It's not available in the build and price for 23. I had leather in an old Big Horn too.
Look at BackCountry😉

They call it cloth/vinyl but looks every bit as leather as my previous Laramie’s did except the added cloth inserts.

6of36

Reaction score
Look at BackCountry😉

They call it cloth/vinyl but looks every bit as leather as my previous Laramie’s did except the added cloth inserts.
Cloth / vinyl is not leather.

Dewey

Reaction score
Cloth / vinyl is not leather.
I would argue that the “leather” in Laramie’s isn’t real as well. There are vinyl inserts added. That’s why they call them “Leather Trimmed”. Only the Limited have what appears to be real leather.

6of36

Reaction score
I would argue that the “leather” in Laramie’s isn’t real as well. There are vinyl inserts added. That’s why they call them “Leather Trimmed”. Only the Limited have what appears to be real leather.
Leather trimmed is not all leather, but cloth / vinyl is 0% leather. Actual leather used to be available in Big Horns, but not any longer.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Leather trimmed is not all leather, but cloth / vinyl is 0% leather. Actual leather used to be available in Big Horns, but not any longer.
you all are arguing about leather and i'm sitting over here wanting my wood trim steering wheel 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/