5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
This is what I was waiting to see. Manufacturers are either going to slash prices or they are going to cut production. It sounds like GMC is going with the limiting supply method. It will be interesting to see if Stellantis follows suit.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is what I was waiting to see. Manufacturers are either going to slash prices or they are going to cut production. It sounds like GMC is going with the limiting supply method. It will be interesting to see if Stellantis follows suit.
They are building Rams like crazy, working overtime. Stock up, for the upcoming strike.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't compare 4th gen prices to 5th gen. However, I have my sticker for my 2020, and did the build as close as possible to a 23. Available options have changed. The MSRP was 12% higher than the pre-covid price. The largest percentage of the raise, was the jump from 20 to 22. Everything skyrocketed then.
My Aug 2020 build Laramie was $55,100 MSRP. Last I checked was May, but MSRP on that same build was over $68k. 26% increase in 33 months.

RedFred

Reaction score
My Aug 2020 build Laramie was $55,100 MSRP. Last I checked was May, but MSRP on that same build was over $68k. 26% increase in 33 months.
And the thing is, it's not just the MSRP but how much people are paying that is really telling. In 2020 people were getting big discounts off MSRP, while today there are still many parts of the country where it is difficult to get a decent discount off a new RAM. So the 26% increase in msrp is part of the story, while the increase in selling price is probably a much higher percentage when compared to 3 years ago.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
That's exactly what monopolies like OPEC do with oil to keep the price per barrel high...cut production. OPEC of course is a cartel but not within the US system so nobody stops them. In the US monopolies are illegal as is collusion but collusion is difficult to prove and the big 3 (Stellantis, Ford and GM) have it in their interests to keep production down to inflate prices and therefore profits. During COVID they had a legitimate excuse as the JIT (just-in-time) logistics was disrupted significantly. As it's improved, they decided to keep production down and continue to use that excuse. Remember the airlines when they were bailed out in 2008 with the great recession? They instituted baggage fees and all said it was temporary to help them and here we are 15 years later with them raking in record profits and the baggage fees remain and will never go away.

6of36

Reaction score
My 2020 Laramie MSRP was $57,090, I have the sticker. The identical build is$62,590. That's actually less than 10% in 3 years.

6of36

Reaction score
That's exactly what monopolies like OPEC do with oil to keep the price per barrel high...cut production. OPEC of course is a cartel but not within the US system so nobody stops them. In the US monopolies are illegal as is collusion but collusion is difficult to prove and the big 3 (Stellantis, Ford and GM) have it in their interests to keep production down to inflate prices and therefore profits. During COVID they had a legitimate excuse as the JIT (just-in-time) logistics was disrupted significantly. As it's improved, they decided to keep production down and continue to use that excuse. Remember the airlines when they were bailed out in 2008 with the great recession? They instituted baggage fees and all said it was temporary to help them and here we are 15 years later with them raking in record profits and the baggage fees remain and will never go away.
They are building over 1,000 a day, and working overtime. How is that keeping production down?

Dewey

Reaction score
My 2020 Laramie MSRP was $57,090, I have the sticker. The identical build is$62,590. That's actually less than 10% in 3 years.
Lets see that sticker. Must be a very stripped down Laramie with few options.

I just priced one out with common options but nothing real excessive and still get $68690 MSRP before bonus cash. Over $70,000 is the norm now for a decent optioned Laramie 6585DDBC-CCA8-44BD-9E1E-1E8C0695C090.jpeg

RedFred

Reaction score
I just priced out a Laramie 4x4 short bed and only added the hemi as the only option so far, and I am already over $62k. On Ram's website, they already include some rebates in the price they are showing you, so that would not be the window sticker (msrp).

RedFred

Reaction score
They are building over 1,000 a day, and working overtime. How is that keeping production down?
I don't think Ram is cutting back, but I guess the argument is they can. But Ram is also motivated to keep their market share and keep their numbers up, so I'm not sure they would cut back unless necessary.

6of36

Reaction score
Lets see that sticker. Must be a very stripped down Laramie with few options.

I just priced one out with common options but nothing real excessive and still get $68690 MSRP before bonus cash. Over $70,000 is the norm now for a decent optioned Laramie View attachment 164182
I did miss the wheels, and didn't pick color last night, it was late. Reconfigured today. PDF for builds scrambles letters and numbers, so doesn't show price, but it is $64,035. That is closer to 12.5% than 13% increase in 3 years. Links to my 2020 window sticker, and 2023 build.

Last edited:

spyder

Reaction score
Another dumb question...

If a dealer has a 2022 truck on their lot that is still "new", unsold with 32 miles on it, can the current incentives for a 2023 apply to it or not? There's one that fits almost everything I want in a truck but their price is a little silly. MSRP of 59k, and their best price is a little over 53k.

Seems to me that it should be able to come down some from that, as that's less of an incentive than the year newer trucks.

6of36

Reaction score
Another dumb question...

If a dealer has a 2022 truck on their lot that is still "new", unsold with 32 miles on it, can the current incentives for a 2023 apply to it or not? There's one that fits almost everything I want in a truck but their price is a little silly. MSRP of 59k, and their best price is a little over 53k.

Seems to me that it should be able to come down some from that, as that's less of an incentive than the year newer trucks.
Incentives for 23s are only for 23s. That is why they still have it, they want too much. 23s are cheaper. Order a 24, and get exactly what you want.

RedFred

Reaction score
717 PM.JPG
Just for arguments sake, I took this window sticker from a 2021 model and priced it out for a 2023 model on the RamTrucks.com website. The price of the exact same truck is $64,950. I did have to add receiver hitch to the 2023 model to add the trailer brake. The 2021 Laramie came standard with trailer hitch already. So over $10k jump in 2 years for a lightly optioned Laramie. I am not sure how much more a 2024 model will cost.

RedFred

Reaction score
I did miss the wheels, and didn't pick color last night, it was late. Reconfigured today. PDF for builds scrambles letters and numbers, so doesn't show price, but it is $64,035. That is closer to 12.5% than 13% increase in 3 years. Links to my 2020 window sticker, and 2023 build.

6of36, I priced out your truck for 2023 and I am coming up with a msrp of $68,035 for the same options. And that is not even taking into account some things that came standard in 2020 and are now options, like the trailer hitch.

6of36

Reaction score
6of36, I priced out your truck for 2023 and I am coming up with a msrp of $68,035 for the same options. And that is not even taking into account some things that came standard in 2020 and are now options, like the trailer hitch.
Class 4 is option, class 3 is standard. If you don't order the class 4, you still get the class 3, that has been standard for years. The build is in the link.

RedFred

Reaction score
Class 4 is option, class 3 is standard. If you don't order the class 4, you still get the class 3, that has been standard for years. The build is in the link.
Yeah, there are $4k in rebates already deducted from your build. So if you click the "i" next to the build price, you will see the msrp is actually $68,035 not $64k. The price they show you is already factoring in some rebates.

spyder

Reaction score
Incentives for 23s are only for 23s. That is why they still have it, they want too much. 23s are cheaper. Order a 24, and get exactly what you want.
Exactly what I want isn't available in 23 or 24s.

Users who are viewing this thread