5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, there are $4k in rebates already deducted from your build. So if you click the "i" next to the build price, you will see the msrp is actually $68,035 not $64k. The price they show you is already factoring in some rebates.
I never noticed that. So it is 19% higher. Still less than inflation for the last 3 years.

6of36

Reaction score
You don't want the e-torque?

................ me either.
My last one, my brother's, and a buddy's all with E-torque, and none had problems, except my brother's having the software update. They aren't all bad, you only see the complaints.

RedFred

Reaction score
My last one, my brother's, and a buddy's all with E-torque, and none had problems, except my brother's having the software update. They aren't all bad, you only see the complaints.
At this point, I have no choice if I get another Ram. It's just more concerning to me if I decide to keep my truck for a long period of time and if it will be a problem 7, 8, 9 years... down the road.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Anthony help explain these new August incentives? I’m showing the below:
$4000 bonus cash(National)
$1000 bonus cash(Southeast)
$2980 bonus cash(Level 2 and level B equipped trucks only).

So would that mean on a big horn Level 2
there are $6980 worth of incentives right now.

EGD

Reaction score
Lets see that sticker. Must be a very stripped down Laramie with few options.

I just priced one out with common options but nothing real excessive and still get $68690 MSRP before bonus cash. Over $70,000 is the norm now for a decent optioned Laramie View attachment 164182
my 2019 Laramie was roughly 54k.

spyder

Reaction score
You don't want the e-torque?

................ me either.
Well, that too. But I know I'm stuck with it.

I want a 4x4 crew cab 6'4 bed with 33 gallon tank and the V6, either limited slip or locker rear in 3.55s, and prefer the off road package and level 2 Big Horn. And it must have bucket seats.

There's a bunch of trucks local here that fit close enough to what I want except they're bench seats, and they're under 40k. If I could find something with most of what I want for under 50, I'd likely jump on it.

6of36

Reaction score
Well, that too. But I know I'm stuck with it.

I want a 4x4 crew cab 6'4 bed with 33 gallon tank and the V6, either limited slip or locker rear in 3.55s, and prefer the off road package and level 2 Big Horn. And it must have bucket seats.

There's a bunch of trucks local here that fit close enough to what I want except they're bench seats, and they're under 40k. If I could find something with most of what I want for under 50, I'd likely jump on it.
You can use the build and price, and do a nation wide search, if you are willing to travel. Too late to order 23s.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I never noticed that. So it is 19% higher. Still less than inflation for the last 3 years.
You can’t say with a straight face that 19% increase in 3 years is “normal” though. It’s ridiculous and unsustainable pricing. You have loaded 1500 Limiteds costing $86K+ now whereas in 2020 they were $73K and in 2014 they were $56K. That’s a $30K increase in 9 years (34.9%). Avg inflation from 2014 to 2020 was around 1-8-2.0% per year (call it 14% total during that time).

Dewey

Reaction score
You can’t say with a straight face that 19% increase in 3 years is “normal” though. It’s ridiculous and unsustainable pricing. You have loaded 1500 Limiteds costing $86K+ now whereas in 2020 they were $73K and in 2014 they were $56K. That’s a $30K increase in 9 years (34.9%). Avg inflation from 2014 to 2020 was around 1-8-2.0% per year (call it 14% total during that time).

BINGO

Glad somebody gets it.👍🏻

Reactions: EGD

spyder

Reaction score
Comparing a 2014 truck to a 2024 truck and saying the only difference is price and inflation is ridiculous.

Newer tech, more base features, higher fuel costs, higher wages, higher everything...along with the biggest part, more restrictive and more expensive government mandates and requirements. Of course the price is going to go up. I'd rather pay 10% more for a better truck. My 07 2500 is a fantastic truck, but it was a top of the line every feature added truck in 2007. Now, every single thing in it is standard on Laramies that cost dang near the same. In 2017, backup cameras were not required. In May of 2018, they were. Do you expect the company to absorb that additional cost? That's silly. We, the consumers and end users, pay for it all.

People complaining about the price increases from 10, 20, 30 years ago and not taking into account all of the extra features and comforts and technology and...most importantly, government mandated BS, are choosing to be ignorant and not living in the real world.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Nobody is crying. You just get upset when you’re corrected or disagreed with.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I used 2014 as a reference because my ‘14 loaded Had air, 3.92, Hemi, rambox, 6’4” bed, ASD, etc. The additional HUD, digital rearview camera, MFT, etc. don’t make up such a huge difference. My point is that truck price increases have FAR outpaced inflation during the period. To ignore that fact is to be ignorant.

6of36

Reaction score
Nobody is crying you just get upset when you’re corrected or disagreed with.
The only thing I get upset about is the endless whining and crying about the price increase. Idiots saying it's 45% in 3 years. I loaded my 2020 sticker, and the 23 build, which is 19% higher, while inflation is 25%. If people don't like it or are too poor to afford it, go buy a used car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread