5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
I don’t know what it looked like historically but you can get a big horn 20% off no questions asked most anywhere right now. That’s not terrible.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know what it looked like historically but you can get a big horn 20% off no questions asked most anywhere right now. That’s not terrible.

Pre covid last year's model BH could be had 30% off around Christmas. So 2019 MY would be 30% off Dec 2019 (similar in prior years, too).

Now there are limited discounts and prices have skyrocketed.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pre covid last year's model BH could be had 30% off around Christmas. So 2019 MY would be 30% off Dec 2019 (similar in prior years, too).

Now there are limited discounts and prices have skyrocketed.
So four months after the next model year starts building. So you expect big discounts on 23s by Christmas?

Dewey

Reaction score
So four months after the next model year starts building. So you expect big discounts on 23s by Christmas?
He said pre-covid. Those days are over. We obviously live in totally different times now.

Kings

Reaction score
Ok, keep us posted. Are you trying to get the 2.9% financing? I think you give up some other rebates for the 2.9%. I'm in NJ, so what ever applies to you, will also apply to me. I would probably go with the 2.9% also, but I'm not sure how much it costs you in rebates and overall discount. Interested to hear what the final discount would be. Thanks
Hello there everyone I ordered through mark Dodge (23 Laramie 4x2 night edition in black and most options some time in may and the vehicle is in production last month ( hopefully I can have it by august) meanwhile just want to ask you guys what’s the option to pick up financing company for a better rate is there any other company has better rate out there thanx in advance

canarygrass

Reaction score
Like I said, I wouldn't hold my breath. Limiteds never get discounts. They do put incentives on the new model year sometimes, to get them out there. But there is no major change for 24, so nobody would notice.
Limiteds USED to get discounts and dealer incentives pre-covid. I bought my Limited (since traded in) in April 2020 for $8k off MSRP and 0% financing for 84 months. The pendulum is swinging and people are not going to pay $72k for a truck with a 7.9% interest rate. 0% or maybe 2.9% will come back along with discounts if the inventory gets high enough.

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Limiteds USED to get discounts and dealer incentives pre-covid. I bought my Limited (since traded in) in April 2020 for $8k off MSRP and 0% financing for 84 months. The pendulum is swinging and people are not going to pay $72k for a truck with a 7.9% interest rate. 0% or maybe 2.9% will come back along with discounts if the inventory gets high enough.
2.9% is already here. There is no doubt in my mind that a big horn will go for 30% off at some time this year. The only question I have is where is the break even point for a dealer on the big horns not including rebates. It appears that point is likely around 15% off. With that in mind to get 30% off we need a manufacture incentive to cover the other 15% off.

6of36

Reaction score
I'm getting $11,000 off MSRP, without any rebates. Rebates would be nice.

6of36

Reaction score
what rate? they should incentivize rates on limited if they dont discount like they did laramies this month
If they don't have a good rate, I will pay cash. My current paid off vehicle is worth a little over half.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
2.9% is already here. There is no doubt in my mind that a big horn will go for 30% off at some time this year. The only question I have is where is the break even point for a dealer on the big horns not including rebates. It appears that point is likely around 15% off. With that in mind to get 30% off we need a manufacture incentive to cover the other 15% off.
Something will give for sure because even the 2.9% is only certain models and only up to 72 months. The majority of people who buy vehicles finance so asking them to finance at high interest rates AND pay a huge premium over what we paid only a few years ago won't work long-term. I paid $53K for my 2020 Limited with everything except ORP and MFT back in August 2020 and at the time, the sticker was a little over $73K. That SAME truck today is about $10K more and we're talking less than 3 years later not to mention interest rates then were in the low to mid 2s for as high as 84mo (brother-in-law did like 2.49 for 84mo). The current structure is unsustainable but the ridiculous CAFE standards that came out today don't help the pricing structure..it'll drive the prices up even more.

6of36

Reaction score
Something will give for sure because even the 2.9% is only certain models and only up to 72 months. The majority of people who buy vehicles finance so asking them to finance at high interest rates AND pay a huge premium over what we paid only a few years ago won't work long-term. I paid $53K for my 2020 Limited with everything except ORP and MFT back in August 2020 and at the time, the sticker was a little over $73K. That SAME truck today is about $10K more and we're talking less than 3 years later not to mention interest rates then were in the low to mid 2s for as high as 84mo (brother-in-law did like 2.49 for 84mo). The current structure is unsustainable but the ridiculous CAFE standards that came out today don't help the pricing structure..it'll drive the prices up even more.
Like I've said in multiple threads, looking at the stickers from my last 2 trucks, compared to now, they went up 12% in 3 years. Inflation has gone up 25%. Nobody likes higher prices, but they have raised less than average.

Dewey

Reaction score
Like I've said in multiple threads, looking at the stickers from my last 2 trucks, compared to now, they went up 12% in 3 years. Inflation has gone up 25%. Nobody likes higher prices, but they have raised less than average.
You better look back a few more years. My 2013 Laramie fully loaded was $50,350. When I ordered my last Laramie in 2017 it was $55,650. About $1300 increase each year, not bad.

Order a Laramie now in 2023 with similar options it’s just over $73,000. I’m not a mathematics genius but that appears to be a 32% increase in just 6 years. That’s almost $3000 increase each year.

I sure as heck would not be getting nearly $20,000 more truck than before. Obviously I’m talking going from 4th Gen to 5th Gen but to be honest I don’t believe there was much of a jump between the Gen’s as far as options and tech added. The 4th Gen was every bit as good of a truck.

I bought a lot of trucks over the past 35 years and $1000-$1300 increase each year was very much the norm till about 2020 then everything went absolutely nuts.

Price increases are out of control and the lots full of trucks sitting for months and not selling right now are proving it.

I’ve said it before trucks are almost out of reach for the average middle class family right now especially when most dealers are offering very little in discounts and manufacturers are offering very few rebates and incentives. Never used to be that way. It’s getting a bit better but might be too late. Unless you order from a dealer like Mark Dodge and save a considerable amount it’s tough for many to justify a new truck at these prices. That’s just the reality we live in right now.

Last edited:

7VII7

Reaction score
Well RAM could not make it work for me, ended up with Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost. We will see. thanks everyone!

6of36

Reaction score
You better look back a few more years. My 2013 Laramie fully loaded was $50,350. When I ordered my last Laramie in 2017 it was $55,650. About $1300 increase each year, not bad.

Order a Laramie now in 2023 with similar options it’s just over $73,000. I’m not a mathematics genius but that appears to be a 32% increase in just 6 years. That’s almost $3000 increase each year.

I sure as heck would not be getting nearly $20,000 more truck than before. Obviously I’m talking going from 4th Gen to 5th Gen but to be honest I don’t believe there was much of a jump between the Gen’s as far as options and tech added. The 4th Gen was every bit as good of a truck.

I bought a lot of trucks over the past 35 years and $1000-$1300 increase each year was very much the norm till about 2020 then everything went absolutely nuts.

Price increases are out of control and the lots full of trucks sitting for months and not selling right now are proving it.

I’ve said it before trucks are almost out of reach for the average middle class family right now especially when most dealers are offering very little in discounts and manufacturers are offering very few rebates and incentives. Never used to be that way. It’s getting a bit better but might be too late. Unless you order from a dealer like Mark Dodge and save a considerable amount it’s tough for many to justify a new truck at these prices. That’s just the reality we live in right now.
You can't compare 4th gen prices to 5th gen. However, I have my sticker for my 2020, and did the build as close as possible to a 23. Available options have changed. The MSRP was 12% higher than the pre-covid price. The largest percentage of the raise, was the jump from 20 to 22. Everything skyrocketed then.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
GM has cut back production to keep supply low and prices high.
I fear Stellantis will do the same.
This would have been a perfect time for Ram to slash prices and jump ahead of the F-150 in sales.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Yet my paycheck only increased 3% each year. :unsure:

6of36

Reaction score
Yet my paycheck only increased 3% each year. :unsure:
Nobody's paycheck is keeping up with the 25% over the last 2 years. I'm retired, but back when I worked, the average yearly pay increase was 1-1 1/2%. It kept up with inflation.

Users who are viewing this thread