5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mwoods269

Reaction score
Been catching up on this thread. What is the going rate on discounts off msrp for a limited. Local dealer is doing 20% off big horns but I am Limited or nothing. Trading a 2022 loaded likted with ram boxes etc etc just no moon roof. Anything over the 10% Ram is giving?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been catching up on this thread. What is the going rate on discounts off msrp for a limited. Local dealer is doing 20% off big horns but I am Limited or nothing. Trading a 2022 loaded likted with ram boxes etc etc just no moon roof. Anything over the 10% Ram is giving?
The 10% doesn't include Limiteds, unless they just added them. They say most, then when you look at the small print, Limiteds aren't included.

RedFred

Reaction score
Anyone know if 2023's are still being built and heading to dealerships? Or have all the 2023's hit the dealer lots already?

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
So is anyone getting the sense that we are about to see some crazy incentives come out? Anthony what are your thoughts? Do you think they are going to have to do something major to get the 2023’s out the door with the 2024’s coming in? Or do you think they will try to slow down production? I’m curious how it’s all going to shake out.

RedFred

Reaction score
So is anyone getting the sense that we are about to see some crazy incentives come out? Anthony what are your thoughts? Do you think they are going to have to do something major to get the 2023’s out the door with the 2024’s coming in? Or do you think they will try to slow down production? I’m curious how it’s all going to shake out.

I checked Mark Dodge's site and they are showing $17k off of 2023 Laramie's. That sounds like a major discount. I just wish he had something optioned closer to what I am looking for.

BowDown

Reaction score
On Friday I picked up my 2023 Laramie 1500 4x4 6'4" bed...MSRP $71,345...cash delivered price $62,826 ($8,519 off)...minus rebates of $4,250 = $58,576 for the truck. So a total of $12,769 off MSRP including rebates. So that's about 17.9% total off of MSRP. I could have taken another $2,000 off in rebates if I had financed through Stellantis but I brought my own financing in at 5% for 72 months. With my trade in I only financed $34,603. I am VERY happy with the deal I made. View attachment 163095

That's a really nice looking truck. Congrats

RedFred

Reaction score
Production of 23s ends, and 24s starts August 2nd.
Ok, good to know. I wasn't sure if they take a little break and shut down for a week or so in between, but I guess not. Anyway, let them keep building the 23's, I'm hoping to find one and get a deal on it, lol.

6of36

Reaction score
Ok, good to know. I wasn't sure if they take a little break and shut down for a week or so in between, but I guess not. Anyway, let them keep building the 23's, I'm hoping to find one and get a deal on it, lol.
I believe it was Eighty that told me that, on a different thread, when I asked the same question. I thought it would at least be different days. Union contracts are up this year, so they probably want to build as many as possible before, in case of a strike.

wazslow

Reaction score
I checked Mark Dodge's site and they are showing $17k off of 2023 Laramie's. That sounds like a major discount. I just wish he had something optioned closer to what I am looking for.

They do have a great dealer discount of $10k, but the other $7k in rebates depend on the area you live in. I am in PA and am inquiring about a Laramie from Mark Dodge now. There are only $2k in factory rebates for my area unfortunately.

RedFred

Reaction score
They do have a great dealer discount of $10k, but the other $7k in rebates depend on the area you live in. I am in PA and am inquiring about a Laramie from Mark Dodge now. There are only $2k in factory rebates for my area unfortunately.
Ok, keep us posted. Are you trying to get the 2.9% financing? I think you give up some other rebates for the 2.9%. I'm in NJ, so what ever applies to you, will also apply to me. I would probably go with the 2.9% also, but I'm not sure how much it costs you in rebates and overall discount. Interested to hear what the final discount would be. Thanks

Kenny4

Reaction score
I bet if you went to their website and searched that specific stock number, you'd see the incentives that match the flyer. Compare it against another Laramie in their inventory and you'll probably see something different.

I've seen it a few times here in NC. If I had to guess, it's probably a specific truck that's been sitting on their lot for a while they're trying to move.
Out here in Ca many dealers will advertise a loss leader. And when folks go to see it, it is nowhere to be found, ( sorry just sold ). I chased one down by calling when I was relatively near, ( no chance for it to be sold ). So when I got there I was assigned a sales person who said the vehicle was way out in the back 40, but I was insistent to see it anyway. He was a nice guy and shared with me the reason it was way out there was that he was under pressure to sell me something else before got to the loss/leader. Very few of these make believe deals ever get purchased, but I wound up buying this one for the advertised price.

7VII7

Reaction score
All of these dealerships are crooks (maybe not all) but man holy crap are there so many fees added on for UN-educated people. AutoNation is terrrrrrrible
  • MSRP $83,420.00
    • AutoNation Savings - $8,435.00
    • Rebate: - $3,250.00
  • AutoNation Price $71,735.00
    • Window Tint (2 Windows) + $299.00
    • Door Edge Guards + $199.00
    • Appearance Protection 3-YR + $639.00
    • Dent Protection 3-YR + $639.00
  • Vehicle Selling Price: $73,511.00
    • Sales Tax (estimate): + $3,050.71
    • DealerDoc + $150.00
    • Title Fee + $33.00
    • INSPECTION TO STATE + $16.75
    • License Fee + $107.25
    • Road and Bridge Fees + $20.00
    • BUYER TAG FEES + $5.00
    • INSPECTION TO STATION + $7.00
    • VIT + $159.22
  • Balance Due (estimate): $77,059.93

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
The reason I think we are going to see bigger rebates is because dealers have trucks listed below their cost and they are still sitting. The prices have escalated so high that people are bowing out. $60k for a truck is a tough pill to swallow for most fiscally conservative people and the people
willing to borrow are having to pay a high rate on top of the high prices. I’m hoping to see a 15% factory incentive.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The reason I think we are going to see bigger rebates is because dealers have trucks listed below their cost and they are still sitting. The prices have escalated so high that people are bowing out. $60k for a truck is a tough pill to swallow for most fiscally conservative people and the people
willing to borrow are having to pay a high rate on top of the high prices. I’m hoping to see a 15% factory incentive.
pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered

6of36

Reaction score
I'd love to see that on my 24. I sure won't hold my breath.

Dewey

Reaction score
I don’t think they will heavily discount 2024 until most of the 2023’s are gone.
At this point that’s gonna be a LONG time. Been at least 5 years since I’ve seen truck inventory so high. With extremely small discounts it’s like they don’t even want to sell them. Crazy times.

6of36

Reaction score
Like I said, I wouldn't hold my breath. Limiteds never get discounts. They do put incentives on the new model year sometimes, to get them out there. But there is no major change for 24, so nobody would notice.

Users who are viewing this thread