5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Has anyone run the resale numbers of Ram, Ford, Chevy? Its obvious that Ram keeps raising the stickers and discounting more but just curious if anyone has numbers. I know a new Rebel and Zr2 Silverado are about the same new so just curious which one has the better resale?

JKU_UA

Reaction score
Does anyone had good experience buying new truck in NY/NJ/PA area recently? Looking forward to buy limited.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm in Western NY and spoke to 20+ dealers in my area trying to order, none of them came even close to the deal you'll get from either Koons in VA or Mark Dodge in LA when ordering a Limited.
Their regular prices are lower than Michigan dealers, when you have employee discount.

AndyG

Reaction score
I'm in Western NY and spoke to 20+ dealers in my area trying to order, none of them came even close to the deal you'll get from either Koons in VA or Mark Dodge in LA when ordering a Limited.

I'm also in Western, NY and was able to get my dealership to agree to a straight up 10% off MSRP on a 2023 Limited very optioned out. I have a local connection with the company I work for so it's a little easier to get good deals. I can't provide more details now because I haven't completed the deal yet - I ordered and am waiting for the truck to come in but if their willing to do it for me I would image that you should be able to get something similar.

JKU_UA

Reaction score
Thx for all replies above. So max you can aim for is 10% off MSRP, am I right? I used to read this forum, and there was like 20% off back in the days...

AndyG

Reaction score
Thx for all replies above. So max you can aim for is 10% off MSRP, am I right? I used to read this forum, and there was like 20% off back in the days...

Hard to say. Typical dealership sales tactics are to look at any ask and make it seem like you're moving oceans. Based on my research, I knew 10-15% seemed to be possible, and with trucks in general selling poorly currently I just went with 10%. I don't like to haggle and I won't waste my time in dealerships waiting for a salesguy to "talk to his manager" ******** so my 10% off MSRP was my firm offer. They can accept it or not, heres my cell number.... Again, my employer has a connection with the dealership, so maybe that helped but I'm not a connected guy in any way. There is no way they are going to sell to me at a loss so 10% must be possible for everyone.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others have stated it all depends on timing and trim and order vs stock. I just got a Laramie for approx 24% under MSRP after incentives - MSRP was 70k, dealer discount was 62k and after all incentives we were at 52k (rounded numbers). I started out with a dealer I bought from many times to get their 'best price' then got quotes from MD and Granger and then emailed another local dealer I had purchased from and asked them to beat the others. They beat the other local dealer by a good margin and while they wouldn't match granger or MD they were close enough after factoring in shipping or travel costs to be the best deal. The whole process took a few weeks and I was agressive on finding incentives and focusing on sale price before then discussing trade value and lease vs finance etc. Leasing rates were still really low compared to finance rates so you may find a better deal leasing and hoping finance rates fall in the next few years before buying out the lease.

bronco44

Reaction score
I'm also in Western, NY and was able to get my dealership to agree to a straight up 10% off MSRP on a 2023 Limited very optioned out. I have a local connection with the company I work for so it's a little easier to get good deals. I can't provide more details now because I haven't completed the deal yet - I ordered and am waiting for the truck to come in but if their willing to do it for me I would image that you should be able to get something similar.
I had several dealers offer 8-10% off MSRP near me, but none would match Koons 14.5% off. I also had a trade-in I was dealing with and every single dealer here tried to undervalue it by several thousand and refused to match CarMax. Koons matched carmax with no issue and I ended up getting $4k more for it.

RedFred

Reaction score
To be honest, using Mark Dodge as an example, last month they were giving $15k off 4x4 Laramie 1500's and you couldn't apply the $1k bonus cash. Currently, they are offering $13k off the same trucks and I am assuming you can apply the $1k bonus cash from the RamTrucks website. So basically only a $1k difference from last months 10% off Laramie deal.

TxRN

Reaction score
May 30, 2023 purchase of my 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie 1500 Night Edition. MSRP 70K and 25% off MSRP 51.5K before taxes. This is without trade in or downpayments.

RedFred

Reaction score
May 30, 2023 purchase of my 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie 1500 Night Edition. MSRP 70K and 25% off MSRP 51.5K before taxes. This is without trade in or downpayments.
Where did you purchase from? Also, $51.5K purchase price on a $70k truck, is about 26.5% off.

Derek916

Reaction score
Koons on the TRX forum advertising the following...

Ram 1500 Tradesman - Up to 9% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Big Horn - Up to 8.5% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Rebel - Up to 8.3% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Laramie - Up to 8.2% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Longhorn - Up to 8.2% below invoice.
Ram 1500 Limited - Up to 8.2% below invoice.

Need a 5 seater w/ room for a dog in the near future...maybe I will be back in a Ram soon. Most likely a mini van though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread