5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tpetty

Reaction score
Out of curiosity looking at the models and trims you are, why are you so adamantly ruling out the raptor when you love the look? There is no disputing the performance backs up the look. What’s the issue you have?

No discount typically given on new Raptors - so cost would be over $70k. That's more than I want to spend

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
For others...how did you get from a 45k sale price to 50k OTD in VA? I know six fees can be higher, but isn’t sales tax on new vehicles still 4.15%? Did you buy a warranty or something?
Good question,

I am looking at figures on the yellow copy.

The before rebates applied price which included freight handlingg delivery and accessories, was 51,300 (i am rounding).

Looks like they sales and use taxed that at 2000 (still rounding).

They threw on 699 dealer process, 102 for dealer business tax, and 65 for tag a title.

After they taxed the price before rebates, they then applied a total of 3750 in rebates as down payment, since I guess they have to tax on price before down payment.

In the end, check written for 50 and some change.

The truck price actually came to 47611 if I factor only the vehicle price minus the rebates. So a little more than the 45 i estimated by memory.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I went into the whole truck buying mindset that I was going to be looking at a near 70K truck after months of Youtubing and what not, since thats howbthey titles videos all the time... and they were always showing the longhorns and limiteds, so when i got to an out the door of 50, i was content.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
In my head, i add taxes amd fees, plus rebates together, shave that from my out the door price, amd thats what i generally figure was my truck cost.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Good question,

I am looking at figures on the yellow copy.

The before rebates applied price which included freight handlingg delivery and accessories, was 51,300 (i am rounding).

Looks like they sales and use taxed that at 2000 (still rounding).

They threw on 699 dealer process, 102 for dealer business tax, and 65 for tag a title.

After they taxed the price before rebates, they then applied a total of 3750 in rebates as down payment, since I guess they have to tax on price before down payment.

In the end, check written for 50 and some change.

The truck price actually came to 47611 if I factor only the vehicle price minus the rebates. So a little more than the 45 i estimated by memory.

Sweet truck! Happy motoring!

Maple

Reaction score
My truck is now in my signature: MSRP of $57,945, offer of $47k after all discounts/rebates/clipped coupons was accepted, all in with taxes and fees in Northern Virginia was just shy of $50k. No trade-in, no dealer add-ons. They also drove it from a dealership about an hour away so I could buy it from their sister site a few minutes down the road from me.

Cowboys33

Reaction score
My truck is now in my signature: MSRP of $57,945, offer of $47k after all discounts/rebates/clipped coupons was accepted, all in with taxes and fees in Northern Virginia was just shy of $50k. No trade-in, no dealer add-ons. They also drove it from a dealership about an hour away so I could buy it from their sister site a few minutes down the road from me.
Can you give me the dealership name ? I live in Fredericksburg Va

CFA7272

Reaction score
I have researched this thread to get this deal, but maybe an expert knows better and can steer me in the right direction. Looking for any help, thanks.

The numbers presented are in CAD value, I will compare by USD value. I'm ready to pull the trigger, I have been hunting a while now.

Subject in question: " http://i63.tinypic.com/107jkfm.jpg "

MSRP 82610 CAD to 61736 USD

Price negotiated before tax (5%).
64700 (67935) CAD to 48356 (50773) USD

I haven't worked the details of financing yet, but they advertise 4.9%.

Thanks all for your help!

Edit: wrong link

Last edited:

carbuy11

Reaction score
I have researched this thread to get this deal, but maybe an expert knows better and can steer me in the right direction. Looking for any help, thanks.

The numbers presented are in CAD value, I will compare by USD value. I'm ready to pull the trigger, I have been hunting a while now.

Subject in question: " http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=107jkfm&s=9#.XBcGeWhKiUk "

MSRP 82610 CAD to 61736 USD

Price negotiated before tax (5%).
64700 (67935) CAD to 48356 (50773) USD

I haven't worked the details of financing yet, but they advertise 4.9%.

Thanks all for your help!

Keep in mind that the Tow Package has mirrors that will not allow the 360 surround camera that is offered in the Advanced Safety package.

raydi07

Reaction score
Ivory Laramie Longhorn, Safety package MSRP 67K. My 1500 Silverado LT was at the even mark and I paid 57K. Not sure but i 'm pretty sure I received a good price. Walked in with my own financing at 3.49% 50K w/7K down. It has everything except for Sunroof & Air Suspension which I was not interested in.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Laramie Black Crew Cab 4WD

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFJT3KN507207

MSRP $57,815
Sale Price (before TTL) $48,000 which includes dealer add-ons I bundled into the deal.

Dealer Add-Ons to be installed bundled in price.

Mopar 2” Lift (I changed to ReadyLift 3.5 after I found out the Mopar kit left the factory rake)
Toyo MT 35X12.5 Tires (After the fact they ended up offering Wrangler Duratracs, I requested and they agreed to Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
OEM Power Running Boards
Spray In Bedliner
OEM Trailer Brake Controller (Evidently this part is unavailable until January so I will have to go back to get installed)
Window Tint (It was already applied but they tried to add $399 to the price for it and I declined paying extra for it.)

On a whim I added the $100 Deductable MaxCar 8/75k for $1500.

Dropped it off on Thursday to get everything installed. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.
a47127e9eb2e6e258760fc30aee2c750.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Laramie Black Crew Cab 4WD

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFJT3KN507207

MSRP $57,815
Sale Price (before TTL) $48,000 which includes dealer add on I bundled into the deal.

Dealer Add-Ons to be installed bundled in price.

Mopar 2” Lift (Changed to ReadyLift 3.5 after I found out the Mopar kit left the factory rake)
Toyo MT 35X12.5 Tires (After the fact the ended up offering Wrangler Duratracs, I requested and they agreed to Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
OEM Power Running Boards
Spray In Bedliner
OEM Trailer Brake Controller (Evidently this part is unavailable until January so I will have to go back to get installed)
Window Tint (It was already applied but they tried to add $399 to the price for it and I declined paying extra for it.)

On a whim I added the $100 Deductable MaxCar 8/75k for $1500.

Dropped it off on Thursday to get everything installed. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.
a47127e9eb2e6e258760fc30aee2c750.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now that is a deal there. Congrats!

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Time varies but seems to be dependent on options. Two-tone paint, eTorque and Ramboxes seem to delay orders, though Ramboxes dont seem to delay them as much now.

Difficult to find those options on the dealer lots as well, let alone a truck with all three. Seems to me, most vehicles sitting now are Limiteds with the Tow Package that deletes the 360 camera and motorized/heated mirrors and are frankly completely undesirable.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Finally got some numbers from a local dealer. Let me know what you guys think. I think its too high...

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew 4X4 36 mo 36k mile Lease
MF .00011
RV. 56%
MSRP $50,765
Rebates for Lease $2500 plus $500 returning lessee
Sale Price $42,720
$444/mo with everything included. First payment due at signing.

Going by what i read on here and other forums / articles, invoice is 91% or so of msrp. Is this correct? That means they are selling at just over 2% under invoice. They are telling me invoice on this truck is $47,720 (94% of msrp). And are selling 5% under invoice. Are they giving me BS here?

JHowellAK

Reaction score
Stats in the sig.
MSRP $67,455 paid $59,000. Between being a returning customer, treating them like human beings (their time matters too), and negotiating -- we got it close to invoice. They even hired a veteran to go pick it up and drive it 600 miles to me and paid him $500. Helps that I knew more about the truck than the sales rep and had an itemized list of what I wanted with nice to haves vs need to haves.

Only gave up on the larger fuel tank. Had to settle for the little guy.

Creep0321

Reaction score
So I’m about to pull the trigger on a build, need some solid advice on pricing. Car is as follows:
-Laramie CC 4x4 5’7”
-5.7 Hemi (etorque or non?)
-3.92 ratio
-Granite Crystal Metallic clear coat
-Sport appearance package
-Off Road Group
-Bed Utility Group
-Rear wheel house liners
-Front and tear floormats
-rear underwear storage
-trailer brake control
-Ram Box
-Level 1 equip
-12” UCONNECT
-33 Gallon Tank

MSRP with etorque $60,645
Without etorque $59,195

Current offer: with etorque $51,848
Without etorque $50,621

Less any rebates/incentives plus tax tag and 695 fee.

Advice please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ls15

Reaction score
Finally got some numbers from a local dealer. Let me know what you guys think. I think its too high...

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew 4X4 36 mo 36k mile Lease
MF .00011
RV. 56%
MSRP $50,765
Rebates for Lease $2500 plus $500 returning lessee
Sale Price $42,720
$444/mo with everything included. First payment due at signing.

Going by what i read on here and other forums / articles, invoice is 91% or so of msrp. Is this correct? That means they are selling at just over 2% under invoice. They are telling me invoice on this truck is $47,720 (94% of msrp). And are selling 5% under invoice. Are they giving me BS here?

I leased a Laramie 4x2 (lower residual) 58,345 MSRP at 550/mo first payment DAS. If you can get invoice numbers just have them go 7% below. So if there at 5% just asked for a tad bit more .

Dontra

Reaction score
So I’m about to pull the trigger on a build, need some solid advice on pricing. Car is as follows:
-Laramie CC 4x4 5’7”
-5.7 Hemi (etorque or non?)
-3.92 ratio
-Granite Crystal Metallic clear coat
-Sport appearance package
-Off Road Group
-Bed Utility Group
-Rear wheel house liners
-Front and tear floormats
-rear underwear storage
-trailer brake control
-Ram Box
-Level 1 equip
-12” UCONNECT
-33 Gallon Tank

MSRP with etorque $60,645
Without etorque $59,195

Current offer: with etorque $51,848
Without etorque $50,621

Less any rebates/incentives plus tax tag and 695 fee.

Advice please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jan rebates should be better

Users who are viewing this thread