5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
On the Ram website it says $8500 in discounts included in my build. Should that price be considered MSRP or should I add the 8.5k into the internet suggested price to get the actual MSRP? I've build up a 2019 Sport for $60 000 give or take. How much do you think I'll be able to negotiate this down to? (this price includes $8.5k in discounts as the website suggests)

Cheers

Gsmith223

Reaction score
2019 Ram Bighorn Sport MSPR $52000
Manufacturer discount 1% below invoice
Rebates $10,000
paid $39,200

egnarp

Reaction score
I also purchased a Laramie from Woodhouse in Blair NE. Same deal.......$12K off of MSRP. They currently have 356 new 1500s for sale.

cruz-in

Reaction score
"Has anyone had any luck having their local dealer match Dennis Dillion online prices on Limited models? "

Sure. I looked at his prices. he is about $12.5K off with the rebate and before "additional qualifying rebates".

In the DC area I got $13K off with rebate and before "additional qualifying rebates"

MFrench

Reaction score
"Has anyone had any luck having their local dealer match Dennis Dillion online prices on Limited models? "

Sure. I looked at his prices. he is about $12.5K off with the rebate and before "additional qualifying rebates".

In the DC area I got $13K off with rebate and before "additional qualifying rebates"
Was that on a Limited model?

tpetty

Reaction score
I have had F150s since 1998 - but my son gets my current truck when he turns 16 in April. That means new truck time for me! While I have always had Fords - I'm not brand blind. I'm a little reluctant to buy a new truck toward the end of it's model style - but also not super enthused to buy the FIRST year of a new model either. Therefore none of the Big 3 is perfectly ideal, and I will look at all 3. A Ford (I finally decided NOT to consider the Raptor, even though I love the look), a GMC Denali AT4, and a Ram (probably the Laramie Longhorn.) If I'm spending over $50k on a truck - I want it to have EXACTLY the options I want, so that means ordering one. So far, I've just done internet research comparing the 3 - I still need to actually sit in and drive them.

What is the typical build time for the Ram? If I want to pick it up in April (March or May would work too) when do I need to have the order in?

ders0

Reaction score
I have had F150s since 1998 - but my son gets my current truck when he turns 16 in April. That means new truck time for me! While I have always had Fords - I'm not brand blind. I'm a little reluctant to buy a new truck toward the end of it's model style - but also not super enthused to buy the FIRST year of a new model either. Therefore none of the Big 3 is perfectly ideal, and I will look at all 3. A Ford (I finally decided NOT to consider the Raptor, even though I love the look), a GMC Denali AT4, and a Ram (probably the Laramie Longhorn.) If I'm spending over $50k on a truck - I want it to have EXACTLY the options I want, so that means ordering one. So far, I've just done internet research comparing the 3 - I still need to actually sit in and drive them.

What is the typical build time for the Ram? If I want to pick it up in April (March or May would work too) when do I need to have the order in?

Out of curiosity looking at the models and trims you are, why are you so adamantly ruling out the raptor when you love the look? There is no disputing the performance backs up the look. What’s the issue you have?

Mike67

Reaction score

Time varies but seems to be dependent on options. Two-tone paint, eTorque and Ramboxes seem to delay orders, though Ramboxes dont seem to delay them as much now.
Other rumors on the site are that eTorque wont build until the middle of January, which would be fine for your timeframe.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I do not think you will see any truck built until Jan 15, 2019 at this point. A few will get done this week that are already scheduled and in D1 for a few weeks. Sterling Heights is scheduled for Christmas shutdown, then another shutdown Jan 2 until Jan 14. Add transport time to this and good luck. See my other post quoting Detroit News.

KryptonMan

Reaction score
Finally got my 2019 Laramie sport with the correct wheels. Got around 11k off MSRP (39k sales price less my trade) and that was with fair value on my trade(comparable to a TX Direct Auto offer which I find to be the highest and unbiased in terms of trade value). I didn't have much negotiating power as it literally came off the truck the evening before. I bought it and was still in ship mode. I am looking to add aftermarket power running boards if you guys have a suggestion. You guys will finally figure out my username :)

Laramie.jpg

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn Crew Cab Hemi

Northern VA

MSRP STICKER was 57,100 (minimal options, only Hemi, 3.92, and rear locker)

Rebates: all of them, whether they applied to me or not, plus my USAA incentive. Realtor association, even though I am not a realtor, conquest from competitor trucks, even though i didnt have one, etc.

The web price had a number which reflected all rebates deducted. Thats the price I wanted.

They deducted the USAA in addition, and we didnt use a certificate or anything. I just logged in and showed them my email where USAA sent it to me, amd they said, dont worry about it we will throw it on there.

NEGOTIATION: it was Black Friday, so factor that in. Heres how it went. I went to a large volume well known dealer, was working on a deal, amd not feeling like i was getting the deal i wanted on a Laramie (not longhorn). They said no one could beat them due to their ability due to mass inventory. The usual stuff big timers spew. I saod oh is that so.. so in his face I webbed up a competitors website who is only 10 minutes away, lower volume. The web price was for a longhorn, not just a laramie like what i was looking at, and web price included every rebate offered. I called them in his face and a told a random sales guy that i am currently at _______, and they say they cant be beat. I see this longhorn u have, at that price (which was lower than the laramie where i was), will you give it to me at that price? He said, yeah.

Probably excited he was gonna be able to literally steal a guy from a big time dealer.

I said even if the rebates dont apply to me? Yeah.

Oh and also i have USAA additional, still good? He said sure thing.

I said see u in 20 minutes.

I hung up and told the big timer i was leaving. Its like 1.5 hours to closing time. He said they will match that or better.

I said, look dude, all i was asking for that u guys didnt wamt to give me extra was rear wheel liners. And that was a hassle. You had ur chance. And i left.

At the next dealer, they werent going to play. It was cold and i was no nonsense irritated at that point. And they knew i would leave. I had a check in hand.

FINAL PRICE before tax and tags was around 45 for the 57 sticker, I believe. Just at 50 out the door. Thats what I wrote the check for.

So, not sure if thats a great deal or not but i was okay with it. It WAS black friday, it WASNT a fully outfitted longhorn so to speak, amd the truck was with them since April or May. I am sure those variables played a key.

It was late, cold, and i had a check in hand, and I am not a nice guy to dealers and dont give a lot of room for sales people to do their "art".

Ls15

Reaction score
Just a heads up for some guys down here in Florida , I know some of us have gone to koons but there’s a local dealer that will either match or beat there pricing .

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn Crew Cab Hemi

Northern VA

MSRP STICKER was 57,100 (minimal options, only Hemi, 3.92, and rear locker)

Rebates: all of them, whether they applied to me or not, plus my USAA incentive. Realtor association, even though I am not a realtor, conquest from competitor trucks, even though i didnt have one, etc.

The web price had a number which reflected all rebates deducted. Thats the price I wanted.

They deducted the USAA in addition, and we didnt use a certificate or anything. I just logged in and showed them my email where USAA sent it to me, amd they said, dont worry about it we will throw it on there.

NEGOTIATION: it was Black Friday, so factor that in. Heres how it went. I went to a large volume well known dealer, was working on a deal, amd not feeling like i was getting the deal i wanted on a Laramie (not longhorn). They said no one could beat them due to their ability due to mass inventory. The usual stuff big timers spew. I saod oh is that so.. so in his face I webbed up a competitors website who is only 10 minutes away, lower volume. The web price was for a longhorn, not just a laramie like what i was looking at, and web price included every rebate offered. I called them in his face and a told a random sales guy that i am currently at _______, and they say they cant be beat. I see this longhorn u have, at that price (which was lower than the laramie where i was), will you give it to me at that price? He said, yeah.

Probably excited he was gonna be able to literally steal a guy from a big time dealer.

I said even if the rebates dont apply to me? Yeah.

Oh and also i have USAA additional, still good? He said sure thing.

I said see u in 20 minutes.

I hung up and told the big timer i was leaving. Its like 1.5 hours to closing time. He said they will match that or better.

I said, look dude, all i was asking for that u guys didnt wamt to give me extra was rear wheel liners. And that was a hassle. You had ur chance. And i left.

At the next dealer, they werent going to play. It was cold and i was no nonsense irritated at that point. And they knew i would leave. I had a check in hand.

FINAL PRICE before tax and tags was around 45 for the 57 sticker, I believe. Just at 50 out the door. Thats what I wrote the check for.

So, not sure if thats a great deal or not but i was okay with it. It WAS black friday, it WASNT a fully outfitted longhorn so to speak, amd the truck was with them since April or May. I am sure those variables played a key.

It was late, cold, and i had a check in hand, and I am not a nice guy to dealers and dont give a lot of room for sales people to do their "art".

For others...how did you get from a 45k sale price to 50k OTD in VA? I know six fees can be higher, but isn’t sales tax on new vehicles still 4.15%? Did you buy a warranty or something?

Users who are viewing this thread