5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

@JC

Reaction score
You can try Dennis Dillon in Caldwell Idaho. I never used them, but a couple of years ago on another Ram forum, their name would come up a lot.
This is true, no idea if they still discount or not. Really depends on how far you're willing to fly to pick up or drive to trade in order to save a lot of money. When I was picking up my 392 from Granger, just before my appt. they had picked up a guy from OR from the airport who flew in to pick up his new TRX to drive it back home.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are more dealers doing it now but for most of 2021 it was only MD and a handful of others in the entire country. As others said it mostly the simplicity and reputation, MD has 100's of pages of threads with good reviews now. If you ask them for a quote right now they will give you one immediately and it will be within 1% or so of the best price you can get so many won't bother looking elsewhere. What happen to me and many others is we go talk to a few local dealers, end up wasting an entire Saturday and frustrated and just call MD. But yea I'd say now that inventory is starting to improve more dealers are willing to do it but previously it was few and far between. I would of taken a deal within like $2k of MD locally at the time and just ended up wasting a bunch of time. My dealer that I bought my wife's Grand Cherokee and had her GC and my 4th gen Ram serviced at, told me they would do $500 over invoice but they couldn't lock in invoice price at the time of order. He literally told me to go order from MD if it was such a good deal, I listened and it was a great experience. Just imagine selling cars and being that wrong, telling your customer they can't lock in invoice or MSRP at time of order and would need to eat any price increases after order . He literally pointed to a TRX in the showroom and said "thats exactly what happen to that one, the base price went up and the customer doesn't want it anymore." That's when I knew I was never stepping back in there, I'm still looking for a new dealer for service.
same here. i emailed the local dealers around me since this is not my first rodeo and I knew if I drove around or call around there'd be a high chance of me wasting my time. I knew of MD before and my friend/ boss and I had been sending at least 10 of our customers/ friends over to MD, but I just wanted to see what's available around me.

No dealer was willing to budge from the markups. This is Commiefailnia where car prices are high already for no apparent reason. One even told me if I could find a Rebel at MSRP I should just jump on it. I asked him I've been sending people over to a dealer doing 10% under MSRP, and if they're willing to match it I'll buy from them and send people over instead. He straight up laughed and said "if you can find that good of a deal just go get it, because that's impossible."

I ended up going back to MD, placed my order, sent deposit, took a screenshot of the POC and sent that to the dealer who said it was "impossible." I then told him "I have about 5 more guys looking to place order, and I'm sending them over to MD"

RedFred

Reaction score
The way dealerships operate today is sad. There use to be a saying that went something like, if the customer walks out the door... he is not coming back. So basically don't let them leave without trying to make a deal. But these dealers don't even care to talk to you. It's either sign and buy under their conditions or leave. And on top of it, you are dealing with salespeople as the middle men that don't know anything about the car or truck.

A quick story or rant if anyone cares to read:
One of my recent visits to a dealership I made an offer to buy a truck. Salesman takes my offer and leaves to go see someone in the back office. He comes back a few minutes later and again sits back down at his desk right in front of me and my wife. Doesn't say a word. And I mean not a word, nothing. Not even to say it will be a couple of minutes, nothing, just sits there. Me and my wife look at each other with a puzzled look. But I decide to let this play out and we all just sit there quietly. After another couple of minutes the salesman picks up the phone without warning and starts dialing. I am thinking he must be calling the back office to get some info for me. But no, he starts making cold calls to people who put their info into the Ram website. WTF! You have a customer right in front of you, you can't make small talk for a minute or two, or even update me on why we are just sitting here? Well, at the end, there was no deal, and me and my wife left there laughing and discussing how awkward the whole thing was. No people skills, no knowledge of the truck, and this is their careers. It surprises you that these places stay in business, but they do. It just makes you think how much better a dealership could actually do if they had any common sense and could actually talk to a customer while keeping their own arrogance and ego in check. In today's world, they seem to put more effort into pushing customers away than actually bringing any in.

speedgeek

Reaction score
Many thanks for the info.

Curious why everyone prefers MD over other dealers that might be cheaper and closer. For example, I am only 3 hours away from Nashville and this guy offer 5%-6% below invoice. In other words, is there a catch with these deals? https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-ordering-below-dealer-invoice.37720/
I live in KY. I started with a dealer here with a decent price (not as good as MD), when there was no communication between me and the sales guy unless I put myself in front of him, I was a little turned off. That being said, MD was able to order the Southwest Package which I really wanted (Texas and Surrounding states only package), I ended up with exactly what I wanted, for less money and excellent customer service! I picked up the truck In Baton Rouge. They drove it over to my hotel. No Charge on that as they offer delivery within I think 250 mile of the dealership. The best part was being able to roadtrip back in the new truck with my son! Awesome excuse for a roadtrip!

Reactions: c3k

Runagun

Reaction score
The way dealerships operate today is sad. There use to be a saying that went something like, if the customer walks out the door... he is not coming back. So basically don't let them leave without trying to make a deal. But these dealers don't even care to talk to you. It's either sign and buy under their conditions or leave. And on top of it, you are dealing with salespeople as the middle men that don't know anything about the car or truck.

A quick story or rant if anyone cares to read:
One of my recent visits to a dealership I made an offer to buy a truck. Salesman takes my offer and leaves to go see someone in the back office. He comes back a few minutes later and again sits back down at his desk right in front of me and my wife. Doesn't say a word. And I mean not a word, nothing. Not even to say it will be a couple of minutes, nothing, just sits there. Me and my wife look at each other with a puzzled look. But I decide to let this play out and we all just sit there quietly. After another couple of minutes the salesman picks up the phone without warning and starts dialing. I am thinking he must be calling the back office to get some info for me. But no, he starts making cold calls to people who put their info into the Ram website. WTF! You have a customer right in front of you, you can't make small talk for a minute or two, or even update me on why we are just sitting here? Well, at the end, there was no deal, and me and my wife left there laughing and discussing how awkward the whole thing was. No people skills, no knowledge of the truck, and this is their careers. It surprises you that these places stay in business, but they do. It just makes you think how much better a dealership could actually do if they had any common sense and could actually talk to a customer while keeping their own arrogance and ego in check. In today's world, they seem to put more effort into pushing customers away than actually bringing any in.
If you really wanted to show them how serious you where. Why didn't you call MD right there and order your truck? 🤷

70runner

Reaction score
For west coasters, MD is a bit of a hike. In March 2021 spec'd out the Rebel and requested quotes from both MD and Auburn CDJR (Auburn WA). At the time Auburn was doing internet order discounts similar to MD. Quotes came back within a hundred dollars of each other, about 12.3% below MSRP. Forwarded quotes to several local, SOCAL dealers. Most didn't bother to reply. A couple said they MIGHT be able to get 1000 off MSRP, one accused me of fabricating the quote. SOCAL dealers seem to treat MSRP as the baseline, bargain up from there with addons. Flew to Spokane and drove the Rebel home. Auburn might be an option for NW buyers, but the guy who did all the internet sales retired so YMMV.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For west coasters, MD is a bit of a hike. In March 2021 spec'd out the Rebel and requested quotes from both MD and Auburn CDJR (Auburn WA). At the time Auburn was doing internet order discounts similar to MD. Quotes came back within a hundred dollars of each other, about 12.3% below MSRP. Forwarded quotes to several local, SOCAL dealers. Most didn't bother to reply. A couple said they MIGHT be able to get 1000 off MSRP, one accused me of fabricating the quote. SOCAL dealers seem to treat MSRP as the baseline, bargain up from there with addons. Flew to Spokane and drove the Rebel home. Auburn might be an option for NW buyers, but the guy who did all the internet sales retired so YMMV.
that's why I never buy any car from SOCAL dealers.
you buy anything in california it will automatically cost you more.

Mike7311

Reaction score
that's why I never buy any car from SOCAL dealers.
you buy anything in california it will automatically cost you more.
Agreed, most are going to treat you a idiot if you dare ask them for a lower price. Other dealers around the country price that socal dealers are the idiots.

Mike7311

Reaction score
I don’t know why this bothers me so much. They are randomly charging for deluxe cloth on vehicles that already have them in the option package. It just seems wrong.

See photos

The Night Package includes deluxe cloth per my experience and the Ram website, but I’ve seen it still charged for on numerous window stickers.

Attachments

• C4369DA0-580A-461F-BF35-3DB0870886EA.jpeg
    C4369DA0-580A-461F-BF35-3DB0870886EA.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 91624861-A937-4B6D-B70A-B9A13C8FFFCC.jpeg
    91624861-A937-4B6D-B70A-B9A13C8FFFCC.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 52

abdavis88

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Auburn dealer. Why did you fly to Spokane, 5 hours away from Auburn instead of Seattle? I will try them and Dave Smith in N. Idaho as well.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, most are going to treat you a idiot if you dare ask them for a lower price. Other dealers around the country price that socal dealers are the idiots.
yeap i just tell all of my friends to go out of state to save a couple grand.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Curious for those that have gotten quotes from MD; have they been hand written or printed? My quote from koons was fully printed and the one I got from MD was hand written. Been getting the run around from MD also. Was ready to sign today with them but now I’m having second thoughts

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Curious for those that have gotten quotes from MD; have they been hand written or printed? My quote from koons was fully printed and the one I got from MD was hand written. Been getting the run around from MD also. Was ready to sign today with them but now I’m having second thoughts
My quote from MD was fully printed and the whole ordering process was flawless...best experience ever had purchasing a car

Antnida

Reaction score

Mine is printed as well, I am waiting afew weeks to see if any 2023 incentives and offers will be released prior to placing my order since the additional 1k bonus was only good for 2021 n 2022.

Derek916

Reaction score
I h
Mine is printed as well, I am waiting afew weeks to see if any 2023 incentives and offers will be released prior to placing my order since the additional 1k bonus was only good for 2021 n 2022.
just a heads up that the prices may continue to increase. They raised the price of 2022 a week and half ago by $700 for the Limited 4x4

Kevinn

Reaction score
Yea, after I look closer into the 2 different quotes from MD I can tell he’s putting a blank piece of paper over the bottom area of the quote, photocopying it, then hand writing the total in. Certainly have trust red flags going off for this place now and will probably go with koons. Here’s my koons estimate

Attachments

• Kevin 1500.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 111

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, after I look closer into the 2 different quotes from MD I can tell he’s putting a blank piece of paper over the bottom area of the quote, photocopying it, then hand writing the total in. Certainly have trust red flags going off for this place now and will probably go with koons. Here’s my koons estimate
You realize Koons is doing the same thing, just electronically instead of handwritten, right?
Of all the big-discount dealers out there, MD has the best reputation by far. There’s zero reason to mistrust them.

mike146

Reaction score
Who are you dealing with at Mark Dodge?

Aaron has been top notch, I also dealt with Renae, others Sandi. Entire thread about it. No one has ever had an experience like you are describing. At least not posted about on this forum.

Kevinn

Reaction score
You realize Koons is doing the same thing, just electronically instead of handwritten, right?
Of all the big-discount dealers out there, MD has the best reputation by far. There’s zero reason to mistrust them.
Yea I realize they have the best reputation here, I'm simply saying something smells bad with how my deal is being handled. Its very clear the printed quote is edited then hand written over and is pretty odd to me.

Who are you dealing with at Mark Dodge?

Aaron has been top notch, I also dealt with Renae, others Sandi. Entire thread about it. No one has ever had an experience like you are describing. At least not posted about on this forum.
His name is Angelo

Users who are viewing this thread