5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wire4money

Reaction score
You may not need the gas tank…Limited is 26 gallon for eTorque as well. I don’t think it’s worth $500 to go from 26 to 33 but up to you..
Depends on your usage. When I tow through the desert, it isn’t uncommon to have a headwind that kills mileage. The extra capacities will let me bypass all those super expensive gas stations in the tiny towns along the way.

RedFred

Reaction score
The 33 gallon tank is almost a must have feature for me. I had the 32 gallon tank on my other 2 Rams and loved the extended range and the less frequent trips to the gas station.

cleigh

Reaction score
The 33 gallon tank is almost a must have feature for me. I had the 32 gallon tank on my other 2 Rams and loved the extended range and the less frequent trips to the gas station.

Yeah, the 33 gallon was the first feature I decided on... I've been towing with a Chevy Traverse and have to fuel up every 100 miles. I'm over it, and ready for more range!

MO Rebel

Reaction score
IMO, it’s a great option for the price, and almost a must for anyone who tows. These things seem to have a pretty good reserve once you hit empty, but not something I want to bank on to get me to the next station. I’ve been down to the “E” mark on several occasions and the most I’ve ever put in is about 29 gallons.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
IMO, it’s a great option for the price, and almost a must for anyone who tows. These things seem to have a pretty good reserve once you hit empty, but not something I want to bank on to get me to the next station. I’ve been down to the “E” mark on several occasions and the most I’ve ever put in is about 29 gallons.
I drove my range down to zero on my last few trucks and still was at least 3 gallons from being empty. Seems like a pretty good reserve. I’m guessing enough for at least 50 miles.

Always makes me think of this episode😆

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
33 gallon fuel tank is the most no brainer option there is and probably the most common on here. Do you want to pay $500 extra to fill your gas tank 25% less often? unless you are a smoker who goes to the gas station all the time for cigs I just can't fathom doing a factory order without it.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
I drove my range down to zero on my last few trucks and still was at least 3 gallons from being empty. Seems like a pretty good reserve. I’m guessing enough for at least 50 miles.

Always makes me think of this episode😆

Strange I drove my range down to 10 yesterday and it took just over 32 gallons. This is my current record. I do notice that sometimes it hangs out around the 20 mile area

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Strange I drove my range down to 10 yesterday and it took just over 32 gallons. This is my current record. I do notice that sometimes it hangs out around the 20 mile area
That’s surprising. My last three trucks I never was able to put more than 30 gallons in when run down that far. Maybe the sensor is set a bit different on some trucks. My 4th gens range would disappear before getting to zero so I just had to estimate after that. I know some people with 4th gens seemed to have the 26 gallon tank sensor. They had trucks showing low fuel with plenty left in the tank with a range showing for 26 gallons instead of the 32 gallons they had back then.

I don’t like to make a habit of running with a very low tank because it sounds like it’s not good for the fuel pump not to mention picking up stuff from the bottom of the tank. Seems the factory allows plenty enough reserve though to avoid this. That’s a good thing.

RedFred

Reaction score
Back on topic, is anyone having any luck with North Jersey dealerships? I found a truck optioned close to what I am looking for, but when I checked the dealer website, they are still adding a market adjustment to the price. I can't believe this is still going on. Living in NJ already stinks, and having to pay more for a RAM is not happening. I know I can order a truck from out of state, but have been holding out hoping to find something on the lot to make trading in my current truck easier.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back on topic, is anyone having any luck with North Jersey dealerships? I found a truck optioned close to what I am looking for, but when I checked the dealer website, they are still adding a market adjustment to the price. I can't believe this is still going on. Living in NJ already stinks, and having to pay more for a RAM is not happening. I know I can order a truck from out of state, but have been holding out hoping to find something on the lot to make trading in my current truck easier.
That’s exactly why they get away with markups - because people are willing to pay for convenience. You have to make the decision whether you’re willing to go along with it.

RedFred

Reaction score
That’s exactly why they get away with markups - because people are willing to pay for convenience. You have to make the decision whether you’re willing to go along with it.
I have been playing the waiting game. So far it hasn't been working. In the end, I definitely won't be paying a markup or even msrp for that matter. Once I give up on the waiting, I'll most likely be ordering from Koons. It's about a 4.5 hr drive for me. If I was smarter, I would have ordered it already.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been playing the waiting game. So far it hasn't been working. In the end, I definitely won't be paying a markup or even msrp for that matter. Once I give up on the waiting, I'll most likely be ordering from Koons. It's about a 4.5 hr drive for me. If I was smarter, I would have ordered it already.
not too late to correct that mistake!

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
My experience is you can find a dealer who will do invoice relatively easily but even that is usually a pain in the *** and tons of games. There are very few dealers doing under invoice in the market and you can either put in a bunch of work to try to find one in your state that does, in order to avoid out of state purchase, or just order from one a the few great dealers who we all know about. If you already found one optioned the way you want decide if you are willing to pay invoice for the convenience. This means you are paying +/- 4% more than ordering from MD et all which will equate to a few grand depending on your build. If you are willing to pay invoice its possible you just have to go in and deal with a few hours of BS. There are a good amount of dealers that won't come off MSRP if its a rare build, but invoice is an OK deal for an in stock unit right now.

RedFred

Reaction score
My experience is you can find a dealer who will do invoice relatively easily but even that is usually a pain in the *** and tons of games. There are very few dealers doing under invoice in the market and you can either put in a bunch of work to try to find one in your state that does, in order to avoid out of state purchase, or just order from one a the few great dealers who we all know about. If you already found one optioned the way you want decide if you are willing to pay invoice for the convenience. This means you are paying +/- 4% more than ordering from MD et all which will equate to a few grand depending on your build. If you are willing to pay invoice its possible you just have to go in and deal with a few hours of BS. There are a good amount of dealers that won't come off MSRP if its a rare build, but invoice is an OK deal for an in stock unit right now.
I would be ok paying invoice. But last time I was at the dealer, in August, no dealer near me would even entertain much negotiating off MSRP. One dealer said $5k over msrp on every Ram. When I told him that wouldn't work for me, it was basically have a nice day. Another dealer had a demo model with 5500 miles on it that they said they would sell me for full sticker price. They told me they typically add a $2500 market adjustment but since it was being used by the owners son, they would give it to me for msrp. It's almost comical what's going on. The $5k over dealer, did say they would wave the $5k adjustment for leases, which I'm not interested in.

mkling

Reaction score
I’m seeing the similar thing by me. They all mostly stick to their MSRP price and won’t move at all. They are like smug about it and not even pushing sales. It’s a weird economic climate but it’s going to start changing soon I think. Plus they have a bs mandatory disinfectant treatment thing added on for $400 that bothers the hell outta me. I’ll probably end up ordering out of state but within driving distance at 4% under invoice clear pricing with no stupid add ons.

Nova90

Reaction score
Chapman in Horsham PA will do 3% under invoice for Ram 1500 orders. They didn't do it when I bought my Ram, so I went to Mark Dodge. I am taking delivery of a 22 Explorer ST for my wife next week from them and that was 3% under invoice too.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
I would be ok paying invoice. But last time I was at the dealer, in August, no dealer near me would even entertain much negotiating off MSRP. One dealer said $5k over msrp on every Ram. When I told him that wouldn't work for me, it was basically have a nice day. Another dealer had a demo model with 5500 miles on it that they said they would sell me for full sticker price. They told me they typically add a $2500 market adjustment but since it was being used by the owners son, they would give it to me for msrp. It's almost comical what's going on. The $5k over dealer, did say they would wave the $5k adjustment for leases, which I'm not interested in.

Yeah if your willing to pay invoice its worth giving it another try especially if you have a trade. Get quotes from carmax, carvana, vroom, and driveway. See if they will match or beat the highest one and give you invoice. You will know pretty quick if they won't come off MSRP.

RedFred

Reaction score
Chapman in Horsham PA will do 3% under invoice for Ram 1500 orders. They didn't do it when I bought my Ram, so I went to Mark Dodge. I am taking delivery of a 22 Explorer ST for my wife next week from them and that was 3% under invoice too.

Thanks for that. I will check them out.

RedFred

Reaction score
Yeah if your willing to pay invoice its worth giving it another try especially if you have a trade. Get quotes from carmax, carvana, vroom, and driveway. See if they will match or beat the highest one and give you invoice. You will know pretty quick if they won't come off MSRP.
I tried driveway and carvana, and both were not giving me much. My truck is high mileage, but still looks good. Dealership was actually offering me more for trade in, and also if I trade in I also save some money in taxes. The dealer closest to me, wouldn't budge off msrp on truck, but they were actually giving me more than fair trade in value. Almost made me pull the trigger but the truck wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

grazsrootz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, about to move forward with a ram tomorrow I hope. 2022 ram Laramie, 5.7 no e-torque, uconnect 12 in nav, customer preferred package, level 1 equipment group, 3.92 axel, anti spin diff, rear wheelhouse liners, trailer brake controller. MSRP $65,980, going with ram 0% financing so that negates any rebates per the dealer (not sure if this is normal or not?) And the final price we landed on was $58,250 after dealer discounts. Is this a decent deal? Ill have to travel 4 hours to get it tomorrow. Thank you for the advice. Hope to become a regular around here 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online