5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
How much price difference would I see between invoice and msrp? MD I heard is 10-12% under msrp. Under invoice?

Scout4

Reaction score
I ordered a fully loaded 2023 1500 Limited on 9/7.

MSRP: 82,805.
MD Price : 72,979 before government theft and incentives.

About 12% under MSRP. About 4.5% off FWP, which I assume is invoice price.

RedFred

Reaction score
Hey everyone, about to move forward with a ram tomorrow I hope. 2022 ram Laramie, 5.7 no e-torque, uconnect 12 in nav, customer preferred package, level 1 equipment group, 3.92 axel, anti spin diff, rear wheelhouse liners, trailer brake controller. MSRP $65,980, going with ram 0% financing so that negates any rebates per the dealer (not sure if this is normal or not?) And the final price we landed on was $58,250 after dealer discounts. Is this a decent deal? Ill have to travel 4 hours to get it tomorrow. Thank you for the advice. Hope to become a regular around here 🙂

I would be ok with that deal. Sounds like you did good to me. (y)

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Hey everyone, about to move forward with a ram tomorrow I hope. 2022 ram Laramie, 5.7 no e-torque, uconnect 12 in nav, customer preferred package, level 1 equipment group, 3.92 axel, anti spin diff, rear wheelhouse liners, trailer brake controller. MSRP $65,980, going with ram 0% financing so that negates any rebates per the dealer (not sure if this is normal or not?) And the final price we landed on was $58,250 after dealer discounts. Is this a decent deal? Ill have to travel 4 hours to get it tomorrow. Thank you for the advice. Hope to become a regular around here 🙂

It is true that current 0 for 60 negates other rebates. But what vehicle are you coming from now? If you are coming from a different brand and you can get conquest cash $1250 plus all the additional rebates you may want to consider other rebates over 0 for 60. You just need to compare what your interest rate would be if you don't take the 0 for 60 vs your savings on rebates. Prior to 2022 it usually made sense to take rebates over the zero percent but more recently 0% has been the best deal available more often with interest rates increasing. Prior to the recent rate increase it was super easy to get like 2% financing anywhere. So over the course of the loan getting 0% vs 2% would only save you $2500 on a $50k loan. Either way you need to just look at your savings by taking incentivized financing vs the rebates your giving up. Right now if you aren't getting conquest cash on top of national and local rebates then the 0 of 60 will probably be best.

JoeI21

Reaction score
It is true that current 0 for 60 negates other rebates. But what vehicle are you coming from now? If you are coming from a different brand and you can get conquest cash $1250 plus all the additional rebates you may want to consider other rebates over 0 for 60. You just need to compare what your interest rate would be if you don't take the 0 for 60 vs your savings on rebates. Prior to 2022 it usually made sense to take rebates over the zero percent but more recently 0% has been the best deal available more often with interest rates increasing. Prior to the recent rate increase it was super easy to get like 2% financing anywhere. So over the course of the loan getting 0% vs 2% would only save you $2500 on a $50k loan. Either way you need to just look at your savings by taking incentivized financing vs the rebates your giving up. Right now if you aren't getting conquest cash on top of national and local rebates then the 0 of 60 will probably be best.
i was under the thought that if you take the financing deal you lose the finance incentive. that doesn’t mean you lose all nation wide incentives.

mkling

Reaction score
Sounds like a decent deal to me for a truck on the lot. Around here they won’t even budge off msrp

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
i was under the thought that if you take the financing deal you lose the finance incentive. that doesn’t mean you lose all nation wide incentives.
some months that is the case but the current 0 for 72 & 0 for 60 offers say "not compatible with any other incentive programs or offers" there is an incentive hotline you can call to make sure

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
I ordered a fully loaded 2023 1500 Limited on 9/7.

MSRP: 82,805.
MD Price : 72,979 before government theft and incentives.

About 12% under MSRP. About 4.5% off FWP, which I assume is invoice price.
Thanks... What did you get to get the price to 82k? Limited elite?

Do you get the incentives for September or when the truck is delivered to you?

grazsrootz

Reaction score
Following up! Bought the truck. The Laramie was 65, 980 MSRP and somewhere around 60k invoice. Was able to get them to sell it for 58k 0% financing. Satisfied. Had to drive to Chrysler if Culpeper va to get it from Pennsylvania but I feel it was worth the trip and I am completely satisfied with my purchase. There was a bit of an annoying backup with the finance manager 2 or so hours of sitting around, but I'll let that slide as they provided the price upfront with no haggling or games. Would recommend this dealership for anyone shopping for a ram within driving distance. Happy to be part of the ram crew !!

Scout4

Reaction score
Thanks... What did you get to get the price to 82k? Limited elite?

Do you get the incentives for September or when the truck is delivered to you?
Ivory Pearlcoat paint, MF tailgate, pano sunroof, anti-spin rear axle, 3.92 gear ratio, Level 1 equipment group, night edition, rambox, bed utility group, trailer tow group and 33 gallon fuel tank.

I'm taking incentives at delivery.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Ivory Pearlcoat paint, MF tailgate, pano sunroof, anti-spin rear axle, 3.92 gear ratio, Level 1 equipment group, night edition, rambox, bed utility group, trailer tow group and 33 gallon fuel tank.

I'm taking incentives at delivery.
Many thanks for the info.

Curious why everyone prefers MD over other dealers that might be cheaper and closer. For example, I am only 3 hours away from Nashville and this guy offer 5%-6% below invoice. In other words, is there a catch with these deals? https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-ordering-below-dealer-invoice.37720/

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

Curious why everyone prefers MD over other dealers that might be cheaper and closer. For example, I am only 3 hours away from Nashville and this guy offer 5%-6% below invoice. In other words, is there a catch with these deals? https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-ordering-below-dealer-invoice.37720/

Usually the other dealers which are closer are not cheaper.
If you could find one then sure buy it from them, but people are finding MD so much cheaper that even after flying out or paying to have it delivered is still cheaper than other dealers which are closer.

cleigh

Reaction score
Usually the other dealers which are closer are not cheaper.
If you could find one then sure buy it from them, but people are finding MD so much cheaper that even after flying out or paying to have it delivered is still cheaper than other dealers which are closer.

This. Sometimes the closer dealers will seem as cheap, or close enough - but then they force you to get extra packages you don't want, or financing gives you a hard sell and a lot of hassle. Or they tack on an extra "convenience fee" or some crap, or their doc fees are higher. The draw of MD is the sheer simplicity they offer, the lack of hard upsells, and the overall ease of purchase in addition to a confidence (with this whole forum as proof and backup) that you're getting the best price possible.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

There are more dealers doing it now but for most of 2021 it was only MD and a handful of others in the entire country. As others said it mostly the simplicity and reputation, MD has 100's of pages of threads with good reviews now. If you ask them for a quote right now they will give you one immediately and it will be within 1% or so of the best price you can get so many won't bother looking elsewhere. What happen to me and many others is we go talk to a few local dealers, end up wasting an entire Saturday and frustrated and just call MD. But yea I'd say now that inventory is starting to improve more dealers are willing to do it but previously it was few and far between. I would of taken a deal within like $2k of MD locally at the time and just ended up wasting a bunch of time. My dealer that I bought my wife's Grand Cherokee and had her GC and my 4th gen Ram serviced at, told me they would do $500 over invoice but they couldn't lock in invoice price at the time of order. He literally told me to go order from MD if it was such a good deal, I listened and it was a great experience. Just imagine selling cars and being that wrong, telling your customer they can't lock in invoice or MSRP at time of order and would need to eat any price increases after order . He literally pointed to a TRX in the showroom and said "thats exactly what happen to that one, the base price went up and the customer doesn't want it anymore." That's when I knew I was never stepping back in there, I'm still looking for a new dealer for service.

Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score
My personal opinion is, north of St. Louis go with Granger, south of STL go with Mark Dodge. Neither of these 2 play games with fees or extra requirements, they just provide great customer service on exactly what they promised in your POC/order.

G'Dave

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm new to this group, but have a few hundred posts and likes on the HD site. I bought a 2500 from MD earlier this year (ordered in January, truck arrived about 12 weeks later). Aaron and his entire team are awesome. And the entire purchasing experience was very easy with zero pressure.
I learned about Granger several weeks AFTER placing my order with MD, so will get a quote form them as well in a few months for a 1500.
700 miles to Lake Charles. 365 to Granger. 335 to Gallatin TN, north of Nashville (can't recall their name).

abdavis88

Reaction score
My personal opinion is, north of St. Louis go with Granger, south of STL go with Mark Dodge. Neither of these 2 play games with fees or extra requirements, they just provide great customer service on exactly what they promised in your POC/order.
how about west of St Louis, like Idaho west?

Users who are viewing this thread