5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I have noticed this month (December), the incentives are not very good in my area (So Calif) - about half the incentives of November - any others experiencing the same ???
Not sure half but less here too in the northeast.

Rodney482

Reaction score
Big horn North Edition
Sticker 53,800
Paid $43,000

Employee Pricing + $5500 incentive

Bacchus

Reaction score
Can you expand in the March ram truck month thing? I’m looking at ordering a Laramie for deliver end of March/early April.

Sorry for the delay. I'm only guessing that Truck Month is the next big discount month. I don't know anything for certain though. I'm just saying if I have low rebates when I get my truck and it's a week away, I will certainly wait. Especially since I already locked in 4K.

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
Well, I’m pissed. Made a crystal clear email price quote request from all the high volume dealers. A couple local guys responded and sort of understood my order but Dennis Dillon gave no response neither did the other Iowa place. I thought these folks were all ready for emailed requests with an internet sales guy but most just called me. I was really hoping to do better then Koons.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Well, I’m pissed. Made a crystal clear email price quote request from all the high volume dealers. A couple local guys responded and sort of understood my order but Dennis Dillon gave no response neither did the other Iowa place. I thought these folks were all ready for emailed requests with an internet sales guy but most just called me. I was really hoping to do better then Koons.

They all contacted you back, but wouldn't give you a quote in email - only a vague price over the phone?

itinc85

Reaction score
2019 Bighorn
level 2 package
4x2 20'' wheels
47k msrp
paid 34,177 after full running boards, bed liner and weather mats were thrown in.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I'm only guessing that Truck Month is the next big discount month. I don't know anything for certain though. I'm just saying if I have low rebates when I get my truck and it's a week away, I will certainly wait. Especially since I already locked in 4K.
When and what is truck month exactly?

Ripple

Reaction score
Posted this as well on the build sheet thread. I'd like to share my price, but I cannot get one. The dealer is telling me Ram is no longer accepting build orders. They won't open them up until after the first of the year. WFT - spent a week or so waiting on the dealership and now I cannot order. This is my first Ram and the experience trying to get one has been unreal - not in a good way. Sorry to vent - frustrated as my lease end at the beginning of Feb 2019.

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
Sorry for so many posts but I just got off the phone with Dave Smith and on my truck order they are offering a measly 2,300 dealer discount on an almost $70,000 limited. Why the hell would anyone pickup there? He said even a truck on the lot does not get much more...

wblynch

Reaction score
Bought in November 2018. 2019 Bighorn Crew Cab, 4x4, V6, no additional options.

MSRP: 43,990 (including shipping)
Dlr Disc: 7,000
Rebates: 5,750
Purchase Price: 31,240

Dealer was South County Ram in Gilroy, California. Price was posted on the internet. Of course I didn't qualify for all the rebates.

Last edited:

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Posted this as well on the build sheet thread. I'd like to share my price, but I cannot get one. The dealer is telling me Ram is no longer accepting build orders. They won't open them up until after the first of the year. WFT - spent a week or so waiting on the dealership and now I cannot order. This is my first Ram and the experience trying to get one has been unreal - not in a good way. Sorry to vent - frustrated as my lease end at the beginning of Feb 2019.

Im not 100% sure as i have not confirmed it with Chrysler Capital, but i believe you are able to extend your lease. Not sure how long. Im sure there are options. Especially if they can keep you as a customer. My lease ends in January, and if this is true, ill have to consider my options as well. Dealers are full of trucks that i do not want. And im not compromising any more (already am having to go without the 6'4 bed with ramboxes). heck if i have to wait until after the new year to even order, that bed may become available.

Ripple

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure as i have not confirmed it with Chrysler Capital, but i believe you are able to extend your lease. Not sure how long. Im sure there are options. Especially if they can keep you as a customer. My lease ends in January, and if this is true, ill have to consider my options as well. Dealers are full of trucks that i do not want. And im not compromising any more (already am having to go without the 6'4 bed with ramboxes). heck if i have to wait until after the new year to even order, that bed may become available.

Sadly I'm coming from a Toyota Tundra, so I cannot leverage the Chrysler Capital idea. However, I am going to check with Toyota and see if there is a way to extend a month or two. Agree - loads of trucks on the lot, but not with the config. I'm looking for. Good luck to you

mjw930

Reaction score
Current base incentive in the SE:

Tradesman - $2250
Big Horn / Lone Star - $5500
Laramie - $3250
Rebel - $1750
Laramie Longhorn - $1750
Limited - $1750

There are addition targeted and finance variants and most will also qualify for some of those. I'm currently working a deal on a Big Horn and qualify got $6500 in incentives and get Preferred Pricing which is 1% below invoice. I'm getting roughlyr $10,500 off a $51,250 MSRP. Dealer size is irrelevant for me since I have preferred pricing and incentives are direct from FCA. However, most dealers regardless of size reprising real close to Invoice - Incentives.

JayMann

Reaction score
I have noticed this month (December), the incentives are not very good in my area (So Calif) - about half the incentives of November - any others experiencing the same ???

Incentives came down about $800 bucks across all trims in my area. Dealerships are being non-responsive on any inquiries. I keep hearing they're not taking anymore orders until January. It seems like they're just getting content with their upward blip in sales and think they don't need to beg for sales anymore.

I can't find a 4x4 off road pkg anywhere near me that isn't on a limitied trim with the huge tablet display, sunroofs, and 22 in wheels - looks like I may having to go the Chevy Trail Boss route as much as I'd hate to (at least hopefully my resale will be better down the road?? trying to look at the glass as half full) All I'm needing is a little more clearance (driving through properties that have a lot of brush and thicket, SOME type of locking diff, and no over the top chrome wheels) I MUCH prefer the interior in the RAMs but I can only play their games for so long before I need to get into another truck.

ders0

Reaction score
I spoke to about 10 dealers in my area today about an order and they're all telling me the level 2 equipment group and sports appearance package are on back order and orders cannot be placed. Sounds like the bucket seats are out of stock!

Edit: This is for the laramie trim

JayMann

Reaction score
I spoke to about 10 dealers in my area today about an order and they're all telling me the level 2 equipment group and sports appearance package are on back order and orders cannot be placed. Sounds like the bucket seats are out of stock!

Edit: This is for the laramie trim

double yikes!! Looks more and more like I'll have a trail boss in my driveway come mid January :( really wanted the RAM interior - oh well, that's how it goes.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I don’t like hearing this, I was hoping to order in the next week or two for a late March early April pickup when I get back to the states...

4sallypat

Reaction score
double yikes!! Looks more and more like I'll have a trail boss in my driveway come mid January :( really wanted the RAM interior - oh well, that's how it goes.
I looked at the Trailboss but the only trim I want is the LT because the affordable Custom trim is too chintzy...

Have you noticed even though GM is saying they are hurting has the lease incentives in December on a 2019 ?

JayMann

Reaction score
I looked at the Trailboss but the only trim I want is the LT because the affordable Custom trim is too chintzy...

Have you noticed even though GM is saying they are hurting has the lease incentives in December on a 2019 ?

I haven't noticed any incentives yet but since I can't place an order for a RAM until January - I expect to see something buy then. So far, they are only doing about $5k ish off the Trail Boss LTs (which is also what I'm after) but these are for GM loyalty (you have to own another GM vehicle 1999 or newer) and trade in bonus cash ($2000) I think the dealership was only 1,500 of that $5k ish discount.

Depending on how the cards play out for truck sales in December - If RAM holds their numbers up - I could see Chevrolet throwing more money on the hood. It's hilarious that people think it's an ugly truck (the trail boss) because I think it looks great, hopefully this means poor numbers for them so more incentives for us.

Users who are viewing this thread