5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
-2022 Ram 1500 Limited (Night edition, Limited level 1 etc..)
-Granger Motors In Granger Iowa. Awesome to deal with.

Msrp: $75,650
Discounted price: $64,853 ( Invoice minus 4%)
Rebates: $3000 ( Including $1000 ram website)

Final price: $61,583 (Not counting tax)
I had a trade worth $49k so taxes were super cheap also which was awesome.

Yo Yo

Reaction score
2022 Laramie

63,140 MSRP

$54,798 Sale Price
+$444 Doc Fee
-$1,500 in rebates so far

0% for 60 months

Solracer

Reaction score
-2022 Ram 1500 Limited (Night edition, Limited level 1 etc..)
-Granger Motors In Granger Iowa. Awesome to deal with.

Msrp: $75,650
Discounted price: $64,853 ( Invoice minus 4%)
Rebates: $3000 ( Including $1000 ram website)

Final price: $61,583 (Not counting tax)
I had a trade worth $49k so taxes were super cheap also which was awesome.
Which rebates?

runjumpfit

Reaction score
2022 Laramie 4x4 ordered in March. Took delivery last week and leased for $499 with $2000 out of pocket including first payment.

MSRP $62,565
Selling price before rebates: $55,465
Then there were a couple thousand in rebates including first responder.

Cheaper than leasing a new Wrangler. Pretty happy overall.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I gave up on my order and put a deposit down on a 2022 Bighorn Crew Backcountry. Picking it up this weekend.
Window Sticker: $59,735
1% below invoice: $55,878
Bonus Cash: $3,500
  • Midwest Chrysler Capital 2022 Bonus Cash MWCN5 -$1,000
  • Conquest Bonus Cash - $1,000
  • Memorial Day Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash 22CN1T -$500
  • 2022 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash 22CN5 -$500
  • Pen Fed (aka TruCar) - $500
Net: $52,378 - 12.3% off MSRP
Plus 60 months 0% (which saves about $4.3k interest vs 2.9% rate)

Are there any cash offers I'm missing? I see the Tread Lightly $500 offer mentioned, is that only through Mark Dodge? I don't see it online anywhere.

cleigh

Reaction score
I gave up on my order and put a deposit down on a 2022 Bighorn Crew Backcountry. Picking it up this weekend.

Are there any cash offers I'm missing? I see the Tread Lightly $500 offer mentioned, is that only through Mark Dodge? I don't see it online anywhere.
Tread Lightly requires your membership to have been active for a month... so that wouldn't work.

You could try Truecar?

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

Tread Lightly requires your membership to have been active for a month... so that wouldn't work.

You could try Truecar?
Already have TrueCar discount as mentioned, just through PenFed.

I think everyone here knows that Tread Lightly membership must be active for 30 days for FCA Affiliate Rewards. I'm asking about the about the $500 Tread Lightly offer I see mentioned in other posts.

cleigh

Reaction score
Already have TrueCar discount as mentioned, just through PenFed.

I think everyone here knows that Tread Lightly membership must be active for 30 days for FCA Affiliate Rewards. I'm asking about the about the $500 Tread Lightly offer I see mentioned in other posts.

Oh! The $500 has the same requirements. That's just what Mark Dodge offers for the TL discount, since they're already below invoice (and thus the 1% below invoice discount doesn't apply).

Derek916

Reaction score
So I am contemplating selling my ‘22 laramie at about a $1500 loss after TTL and waiting six months or so for prices to hopefully tank. What do you guys think? I don’t think people can continue to afford these gas prices at some point.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
So I am contemplating selling my ‘22 laramie at about a $1500 loss after TTL and waiting six months or so for prices to hopefully tank. What do you guys think? I don’t think people can continue to afford these gas prices at some point.
Why? Lol. The prices are gonna dry high for atleast the rest of this year. If not longer. Chips still are short everywhere and ram/ford/GM are soo far behind they could stop dealers from ordering and it would take 3-4 months to catch up. These big dealers a month ago were ordering 20-30 trucks a day lol. Now that 2022’s are done or will be in a couple days they will be re tooling their lines for the 2023’s and once they open up ordering for the 2023’s
With the new gauge and a couple little improvements people are gonna go crazy for the new ram again and it will a nightmare to get one.

Derek916

Reaction score
Why? Lol. The prices are gonna dry high for atleast the rest of this year. If not longer. Chips still are short everywhere and ram/ford/GM are soo far behind they could stop dealers from ordering and it would take 3-4 months to catch up. These big dealers a month ago were ordering 20-30 trucks a day lol. Now that 2022’s are done or will be in a couple days they will be re tooling their lines for the 2023’s and once they open up ordering for the 2023’s
With the new gauge and a couple little improvements people are gonna go crazy for the new ram again and it will a nightmare to get one.
Yeah, you’re probably right. I just remember seeing the headlines in 2008 or whenever the last time gas was high that it actually did drop the demand for big trucks/suvs

tbnolefan

Reaction score
For the record, the MPG numbers in 2008 were far worse than they are today. I do think we will see a slowdown in demand once the recession sinks in but I don’t think it will be like it was in 2008.

17-20 MPG of todays 1/2 ton trucks is a far easier pill to swallow than 10-13 MPG.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, you’re probably right. I just remember seeing the headlines in 2008 or whenever the last time gas was high that it actually did drop the demand for big trucks/suvs
I’ve been monitoring used prices very closely since I’ll be selling my current truck soon and truck values are absolutely dropping due to rising gas prices. Trucks with these crazy prices on them haven’t been moving for 2-3 months. Truck demand as expected has been going way down after passing $4/gal. Used trucks locally are not moving at all and inventory of them is quickly building up. I’m worried by the time my truck gets delivered all advantage I had with my current truck value will be greatly reduced. If you can sell now I say do it. Sooner the better. Unfortunately I still need a truck to haul my boat otherwise I would have sold by now.

Derek916

Reaction score
I’ve been monitoring used prices very closely since I’ll be selling my current truck soon and truck values are absolutely dropping due to rising gas prices. Trucks with these crazy prices on them haven’t been moving for 2-3 months. Truck demand as expected has been going way down after passing $4/gal. Used trucks locally are not moving at all and inventory of them is quickly building up. I’m worried by the time my truck gets delivered all advantage I had with my current truck value will be greatly reduced. If you can sell now I say do it. Sooner the better. Unfortunately I still need a truck to haul my boat otherwise I would have sold by now.
Try driveway.com I saw it on here and that’s what I’m using. They were 10K over other places. They’re process is also a bit slow from what I’ve read and they allow you to drive up to 10K miles between when you accept their offer and when it’s closed.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
This isn’t true “because of gas prices” used cars are going down a little because big dealers are discounting new vehicles soo much you would be an idiot to buy a newer used vehicle. A new truck gets better or the same mileage as a suv and a lot of bigger cars basically. My work car is a 2006 Pontiac grand prix and it gets 21 mpg. My 2022 ram limited with 3.92 gears loaded gets 18-19? Why would truck prices go down because of fuel cost? Everyone has to pay the same price and they get solo at mileage vs lost SUV’s and bigger cars. Now if we are talking about diesels then yes!!! They are dropping like crazy because people realize a new truck can pull what they have.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This isn’t true “because of gas prices” used cars are going down a little because big dealers are discounting new vehicles soo much you would be an idiot to buy a newer used vehicle. A new truck gets better or the same mileage as a suv and a lot of bigger cars basically. My work car is a 2006 Pontiac grand prix and it gets 21 mpg. My 2022 ram limited with 3.92 gears loaded gets 18-19? Why would truck prices go down because of fuel cost? Everyone has to pay the same price and they get solo at mileage vs lost SUV’s and bigger cars. Now if we are talking about diesels then yes!!! They are dropping like crazy because people realize a new truck can pull what they have.
No “big dealers” around here are “discounting new vehicles so much”. Quite opposite actually. MSRP is the norm. Some are even tacking on extra.

Problem is a lot of these dealers and online car buyers got in WAY too deep offering crazy high amounts for used vehicles and it’s starting to catch up to them since nobody is buying them at those ridiculous prices. Hence the reason why many are making adjustments now and offering much less for your used vehicle. Not too many truck owners are making a killing on selling them now like they were a year ago when things were really nuts.

Gas prices are definitely not helping the situation. I know plenty of people who are selling or parking their trucks and planning to eventually sell them and then buying a much more fuel efficient car. Most of us need trucks for every day use but others only use them as a daily driver. That’s great when gas is cheap but those people quickly leave the truck market when gas prices drastically rise. I’m seeing a large inventory of used trucks on lots right now that are not moving. That’s never good for those of us that have a trade or want to sell a truck to a dealer. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Users who are viewing this thread