5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
@mike146 I live NE of Atlanta, so Gupton is 5-6 hours away and MD is 11 hours away. I'm leaning toward MD no matter what just because of all the excellent reviews on how straightforward, simple, and honest the service is that they provide. I happen to have family an hour away from Gupton, so I might be willing to try them if someone can provide some insight into the experience. I'm also trying to get a response from Mall of Georgia CDJR but we seem to be having email attachment difficulties which is slowing things down. Once that's sorted out we'll see how it goes.

@JoeCo Agreed on the sell order price protection. I'm more worried about a shady finance department than anything else. This thread has provided so much information that I'm confident I can walk in and handle anything from sales team. Finance? I have no idea how they work. I hate dealing with them, but it's a necessary evil.

@wallyuwl let's see, ivoryhemi started a thread summarizing the dealers. it's here. Dealers selling below invoice
and the post I was specifically referring to is in this thread and is #15428 from Jan 31, 2022. Price negotiated from MSRP

Overall, so far I've emailed a bunch of dealers and received immediate quotes (within 24-48 hours) from Mark Dodge, Lakeland, Gupton, and Koons. All straightforward, no pressure, and pricing as advertised throughout this thread. I contacted 3 other local dealers who wouldn't even touch it since they couldn't get close on price. One argued with me that this isn't how it works, as I should just buy off lot for whatever they charge. Needless to say that conversation went nowhere fast. This thread has been an awesome resource for putting everything in one place to help someone get a decent deal, and to help navigate the truck buying process. Thanks to all who have contributed. Keep up the good work.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
You have a local dealer in FL between Tampa & Orlando that gives the same discounts as MD.

Doc fee is a little higher, but you’ll easily save that in transportation costs.

Lakeland CDJR in Lakeland, FL
Mike Peralta
[email protected]
(6% below invoice)

No way?!?!?!
Last I read about them (in this thread), their prices were decent but not MD decent.
I guess and e-mail to both them and MD would be a simple comparison.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I sent Mike an email and he never responded. I requested a price through their website on a build and their reps contacted me via text and of course they were clueless on what I wanted. I texted them my build and then ultimately Mike contacted me via text but wanted me to call HIM before he would discuss price. Seems a lot of the dealers in Florida all operate the same way. Everybody wants to talk to you on the phone before they will give you a price. Or they want you to come into the dealer before they will discuss price. When I contacted Mark dodge, it couldn’t have been any easier. As I did with every other dealer, I emailed Aaron at Mark Dodge and sent him my build sheet. The following day Renae sent me the price. She also explained everything in detail. No BS, no please call me first nonsense. They sent me exactly what I asked for and that was the price. Out of like 10 dealers in Florida I sent my build too, only 1 dealer came back close to mark dodge price but was still off by like $3000. Not gonna cost me much to get the truck. I will drive there and then drive the truck back. Spend $500 or less in gas.

Ok, this is more like what I previously read.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
@mike146 I live NE of Atlanta, so Gupton is 5-6 hours away and MD is 11 hours away. I'm leaning toward MD no matter what just because of all the excellent reviews on how straightforward, simple, and honest the service is that they provide. I happen to have family an hour away from Gupton, so I might be willing to try them if someone can provide some insight into the experience. I'm also trying to get a response from Mall of Georgia CDJR but we seem to be having email attachment difficulties which is slowing things down. Once that's sorted out we'll see how it goes.

@JoeCo Agreed on the sell order price protection. I'm more worried about a shady finance department than anything else. This thread has provided so much information that I'm confident I can walk in and handle anything from sales team. Finance? I have no idea how they work. I hate dealing with them, but it's a necessary evil.

@wallyuwl let's see, ivoryhemi started a thread summarizing the dealers. it's here. Dealers selling below invoice
and the post I was specifically referring to is in this thread and is #15428 from Jan 31, 2022. Price negotiated from MSRP

Overall, so far I've emailed a bunch of dealers and received immediate quotes (within 24-48 hours) from Mark Dodge, Lakeland, Gupton, and Koons. All straightforward, no pressure, and pricing as advertised throughout this thread. I contacted 3 other local dealers who wouldn't even touch it since they couldn't get close on price. One argued with me that this isn't how it works, as I should just buy off lot for whatever they charge. Needless to say that conversation went nowhere fast. This thread has been an awesome resource for putting everything in one place to help someone get a decent deal, and to help navigate the truck buying process. Thanks to all who have contributed. Keep up the good work.
I'll add that Mall of Georgia has now quoted competitively with others. There was an email issue with their server rejecting excel files, in which I sent my build list. Once converted everything to pdf, no issues. That makes 5 competitive quotes to sort through and choose from. wow.

Runagun

Reaction score
I'll add that Mall of Georgia has now quoted competitively with others. There was an email issue with their server rejecting excel files, in which I sent my build list. Once converted everything to pdf, no issues. That makes 5 competitive quotes to sort through and choose from. wow.
Not sure if you posted what they quoted you. It would be nice if you did.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
Not sure if you posted what they quoted you. It would be nice if you did.
@Runagun
No, I hadn't said the exact numbers. But from the 5 dealers I got from this forum who quotes, I have 6-7% below invoice on all offers. That's quoted price plus dealer fees from invoice on build. It's about 15% below MSRP on all of them. Factory rebates are not included. There are a few who give an extra $1k for financing through dealer, but I assume that's at an interest rate to their advantage. So for me, it will come down to who (1) makes this easiest when I call/email with final questions and (2) distance from home.

Ballpark, I'm building a longhorn 4x4 hemi with msrp @ 78k, invoice @ 72k, and most quotes are falling around 68k give or take. I'm actually surprised how close all the quotes are. Pretty straightforward with these dealers. I'm looking to pull trigger in next month, so we'll see. I have one more round of questions about dealer add ons and some other odds-n-ends that weren't in the term sheets.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Runagun
No, I hadn't said the exact numbers. But from the 5 dealers I got from this forum who quotes, I have 6-7% below invoice on all offers. That's quoted price plus dealer fees from invoice on build. It's about 15% below MSRP on all of them. Factory rebates are not included. There are a few who give an extra $1k for financing through dealer, but I assume that's at an interest rate to their advantage. So for me, it will come down to who (1) makes this easiest when I call/email with final questions and (2) distance from home.

Ballpark, I'm building a longhorn 4x4 hemi with msrp @ 78k, invoice @ 72k, and most quotes are falling around 68k give or take. I'm actually surprised how close all the quotes are. Pretty straightforward with these dealers. I'm looking to pull trigger in next month, so we'll see. I have one more round of questions about dealer add ons and some other odds-n-ends that weren't in the term sheets.
I spoke to one dealer like that, that was recommended on here and they offered a better price if you use their dealer financing. When I asked what the interest rate was on their dealer financing, they couldn’t give me a straight answer. I personally think that is probably their way to jack up the rate to make their money on giving you a lower price on the truck

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
I spoke to one dealer like that, that was recommended on here and they offered a better price if you use their dealer financing. When I asked what the interest rate was on their dealer financing, they couldn’t give me a straight answer. I personally think that is probably their way to jack up the rate to make their money on giving you a lower price on the truck
@cevans6318 Yeah, the finance dept is where they really have the ability to play games with you. Truth in Lending rules only require them to be upfront with you on the loan details so you understand it. They don't necessarily have to give you the best loan offer. If someone here knows different let me know. This is where I'm a little thin on experience.

So when I get to the finance part, I'll be quoting through at least 2 credit unions and I'll give dealership a chance to match or be competitive if they want to offer an additional 1k off price. My understanding is that multiple credit pulls will be treated as one on credit if you do them all of same type and in short time frame. So it's 'obvious' it's for one purchase. Not sure that's exactly how it works, but means i intend to shop around for best deal come finance time.

if anyone has tips on this part, let me know. If anyone has tips on this part of it, let me know. Thanks.

klammer

Reaction score
half the distance from where?

I purchased from Mark Dodge and live in NY. Unless I was dealing with a dealer within 25 miles from me and was going to use them for service, does it matter how far away they are? Yes shipping or drive home will be a bit longer, but as others have said before, no nonsense, great price, etc. It really is a different experience.
Who did you use to ship to NY State and how much was that if you don't mind?

mike146

Reaction score
Who did you use to ship to NY State and how much was that if you don't mind?
I used someone recommended by Mark Dodge. They put it on a website and see who picks up the job. They tell you reviews of person if they have no direct knowledge of person. Cost me 1600. Cash. Dropped off truck...let you walk around and do an inspection, etc.

I do not have access to info of who it actually was at moment, will look in my file over the weekend and let you know.

3DirtyRam

Reaction score
I used someone recommended by Mark Dodge. They put it on a website and see who picks up the job. They tell you reviews of person if they have no direct knowledge of person. Cost me 1600. Cash. Dropped off truck...let you walk around and do an inspection, etc.

I do not have access to info of who it actually was at moment, will look in my file over the weekend and let you know.
Hi.. Upstate NY? I’m probably going to get something off their lot next month.. Curious what a drop off to Southern New Hampshire would be..Or maybe I will meet them in CT..

mike146

Reaction score
Hi.. Upstate NY? I’m probably going to get something off their lot next month.. Curious what a drop off to Southern New Hampshire would be..Or maybe I will meet them in CT..
you can budget for about 1 dollar per mile...may be a bit more, may be a bit less. It is a bidding process.

holmboy2

Reaction score
I wanted to post my information and add to the praise of doing business with MD. Also want to say thank you to all who contribute here that made this deal possible. I don't think I've ever had an easier and more pleasant buying experience. Sandy was prompt and delightful to work with. Now just need to wait. Hopefully not terribly long as it sounds like many trucks are turning around quite quickly. Here are the details.

2022 Limited 5.7 E torque
10th Anniversary Edition Package
Patriot Blue
Anti Spin Rear Axle
Body Color Bumpers
22" Wheels
33 gallon fuel tank

MSRP $72,265
Sale Price $63,313 including doc fee and other fees
Rebates $2000 plus $1000 certificate plus 48 month 0% financing
Total before TTL $60,313 (16.6% discount)

DMutt

Reaction score
I also want to post my 4/30/2022 order details. Thanks to forum members for recommending MD and sharing their order details. Sandi was a pleasure to work with.

2022 1500 Limited
5.7 e-torque
Delmonico
Night Edition
Limited Level 1
33 gal tank

MSRP - $74,295
Invoice - $68,630
Sale price including fees - $65,510
Rebates - $500 treadlightly, $500 national cash, $500 CCAP cash, $1000 ram bonus cash
Financing - 0% for 48 months
Total before TTL - $63,010 (15.2% off MSRP)

Users who are viewing this thread