5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mophead

Reaction score
Also, all the picture I have seen show Rambox on the Backcountry but it isn’t in the list of options. Does it come with them or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen that too. I honestly hope not. Would likely be a deal breaker for me. They've had quite a few issues with them and I would never use them. Seen a few in Granite Crystal too but it's not available on the Ram build either on the Quad but is on the Crew???

Edit just looked at the Special Editions on Ram site. Looks like they are Crew Cabs with short beds with the Ram Box. Can't build one with Ram Boxes in either cab config, BC not available on CC 6'4". Another cluster. https://www.ramtrucks.com/2022/ram-1500/backcountry-special-edition.html

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a excel sheet or anything I can view individual dealers and how negotiations went in one spot?
No spreadsheet, but list w/ contact info

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Also, all the picture I have seen show Rambox on the Backcountry but it isn’t in the list of options. Does it come with them or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambox is not currently available on the Backcountry, it used to be for an extra charge.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I noticed on the RAM site that the Back Country doesn't mention bed lighting although looks like everything else is pulled over from the B.U.G. I read an article ( maybe Car & Driver) that mentioned a bed extender as part of the package too. Please let us know.
Every window sticker I've seen for a Backcountry (Quad and Crew) mentions "Pick–Up Box Lighting" which is part of the BUG. All the stickers also have the black side steps too. But your right, the bed lighting isn't mentioned in the package on the Ram website configurator. I did discover that the Backcountry Crew does list side steps and the Quad doesn't. That's a kick in the nutz for ordering a Quad when they were included at one point. Don't know if that means they are no longer part of the package (supply issues) or if they were just left off of the description. Plus I read here that tonneau covers are having supply issues as well. When I placed the order, I told the dealer if there were going to be delays I would probably look for a built Backcountry. We'll see...

Regarding the bed extender, per Autoblog:

But what earns it the BackCountry name are the functional parts. It adds to the Big Horn's standard features list the Off-Road Group and the Bed Utility Group. The former includes all-terrain tires, off-road shocks, hill-descent control, electronic rear differential lock, and skid plates to protect the front suspension, power steering, transfer case and fuel tank. The latter adds a spray-in bedliner, bed lighting, bed step and adjustable tie-down points. If you add the RamBox bed-side storage, it includes a bed extender.

Last edited:

shystalips1

Reaction score
Seems like more and more dealers are limiting what they can order. No one can order me the black step rails with my build, Chapman Dodge isn't taking new orders at all, and MD said they could not order a crew cab bighorn with the night edition any more. Crazy stuff going on with the orders it seems.
Update: Chapman is taking orders again, however in the email it stated that with the below invoice pricing they are not participating in the price protection program. Sounds like it would suck if there's another price hike before delivery.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: Chapman is taking orders again, however in the email it stated that with the below invoice pricing they are not participating in the price protection program. Sounds like it would suck if there's another price hike before delivery.

I'd have to question why, just can't bring themselves to check that extra box before submitting the order?

Always some catch with a lot of these places.

Hurrigator

Reaction score
I got my Truck from Koons in Virginia. I got 6% below invoice plus all applicable rebates ($1000). I also got 0% for 48 months financing through FCA and an additional $1000 from Koons for doing the financing through them. All in with their doc fee and the $2K in incentives I am at 18% off MSRP -- and I have to stress that's because MSRP went up several times between when I ordered the truck and when it was delivered. Inflation for the win? <sarcasm>
Did you have to ask for the 48mo 0% interest? It wasn't even offered to me.

Hurrigator

Reaction score
I want to make a joke about the dealer not offering 0% after running your credit report but I won't. ;)
I hear ya! @eerattler and I were talking in another post about our buying experience from Koons, within a couple of weeks of each other. My overall experience was excellent, EXCEPT the finance. I have (had at the time) 856 credit score, yet was offered pathetic 4.9 for 72 months. They asked how long I wanted to finance and I said 60 or 72 months....but if I'd known about the 48 months I would have done that. Now, I have to go through the hassle of refinancing.

Last edited:

eerattler

Reaction score
I told them that’s what I expected or I would use my own bank. Then it was available. I only knew about it from the website.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Always ask, and if the finance office seems to balk, be FIRM. The Dealership has no incentive to make sure you get subvented financing rates from the manufacturer. In fact they HATE subvented rates. All the dealerships get out of subvented financing is a hundred dollars or so as a flat for writing the loan, vs, being able to mark up the interest rate a couple of points on whatever outside lender they use to secure your financing. Those couple of points can be a couple of thousand dollars in pure profit for the dealership.

mophead

Reaction score
Always ask, and if the finance office seems to balk, be FIRM. The Dealership has no incentive to make sure you get subvented financing rates from the manufacturer. In fact they HATE subvented rates. All the dealerships get out of subvented financing is a hundred dollars or so as a flat for writing the loan, vs, being able to mark up the interest rate a couple of points on whatever outside lender they use to secure your financing. Those couple of points can be a couple of thousand dollars in pure profit for the dealership.
WHAT? K**ns? No way! 🤫 👩‍🦳 Krystal wouldn't

Last edited:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
WHAT? K**ns? No way! 🤫 👰‍♂️Krystal wouldn't
If the finance officers compensation plan is based on a percentage of the back end profit (service contracts, tire&wheel, key replacement, financing, etc.) you can bet your boots they will. Commissioned salespeople have to earn to eat. And that’s all a dealership finance manger is, a commissioned salesperson. Remember, the finance office of the dealership is the most profitable square footage in the dealership. In this market there are many stores doing $4k in back end profit PER DEAL right now. I am hearing from an industry trainer of a few dealerships doing north of $10k profit per overall deal ON AVERAGE right now.

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
If the finance officers compensation plan is based on a percentage of the back end profit (service contracts, tire&wheel, key replacement, financing, etc.) you can bet your boots they will. Commissioned salespeople have to earn to eat. And that’s all a dealership finance manger is, a commissioned salesperson. Remember, the finance office of the dealership is the most profitable square footage in the dealership. In this market there are many stores doing $4k in back end profit PER DEAL right now. I am hearing from an industry trainer of a few dealerships doing north of $10k profit per overall deal ON AVERAGE right now.
No doubt. That's the "typical" business plan. Couldn't agree with you more.
FWIW, I was referring to the perps... WOW! without spelling it out if you know what I mean :cool:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like more and more dealers are limiting what they can order. No one can order me the black step rails with my build, Chapman Dodge isn't taking new orders at all, and MD said they could not order a crew cab bighorn with the night edition any more. Crazy stuff going on with the orders it seems.
how long ago was that? That is one of my builds I want to send in was the bighorn crew cab with 6.4 bed with night edition. Bummer if that is not an option to order

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
No doubt. That's the "typical" business plan. Couldn't agree with you more.
FWIW, I was referring to the perps... WOW! without spelling it out if you know what I mean :cool:
I know you were. My response was for those who don’t really understand how dealerships really make money. Hell, I know how dealerships make money, and I still get lost sometimes. It’s a fascinating business.

shystalips1

Reaction score
That
how long ago was that? That is one of my builds I want to send in was the bighorn crew cab with 6.4 bed with night edition. Bummer if that is not an option to order
That was just a couple days ago. I got an email from Sandi. Worth checking to be sure though. At least you wont be surprised if it cant be done right now though👍

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That

That was just a couple days ago. I got an email from Sandi. Worth checking to be sure though. At least you wont be surprised if it cant be done right now though👍
glad I read your comment, kind of a ***** if that is the case. But at least I won't be shocked if they come back and say that. Wonder if it is only the bighorn though. I also built a Laramie and also wanted the night edition with that one. Guess I won't know until I submit them. Was going to do it last night/this morning but still stuck on what options I want.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I noticed on the RAM site that the Back Country doesn't mention bed lighting although looks like everything else is pulled over from the B.U.G. I read an article ( maybe Car & Driver) that mentioned a bed extender as part of the package too. Please let us know.

Every window sticker I've seen for a Backcountry (Quad and Crew) mentions "Pick–Up Box Lighting" which is part of the BUG. All the stickers also have the black side steps too. But your right, the bed lighting isn't mentioned in the package on the Ram website configurator. I did discover that the Backcountry Crew does list side steps and the Quad doesn't. That's a kick in the nutz for ordering a Quad when they were included at one point. Don't know if that means they are no longer part of the package (supply issues) or if they were just left off of the description. Plus I read here that tonneau covers are having supply issues as well. When I placed the order, I told the dealer if there were going to be delays I would probably look for a built Backcountry. We'll see...

Regarding the bed extender, per Autoblog:

But what earns it the BackCountry name are the functional parts. It adds to the Big Horn's standard features list the Off-Road Group and the Bed Utility Group. The former includes all-terrain tires, off-road shocks, hill-descent control, electronic rear differential lock, and skid plates to protect the front suspension, power steering, transfer case and fuel tank. The latter adds a spray-in bedliner, bed lighting, bed step and adjustable tie-down points. If you add the RamBox bed-side storage, it includes a bed extender.
For what it's worth, yesterday I asked RamCares and provided my VIN. They got back to me today and confirmed the Quad Cab Backcountry I ordered on 3/28 will include the "black tubular side steps".

I'm still waiting for the dealer to hear back from their rep, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Users who are viewing this thread