5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

eerattler

Reaction score
You don't have to pay cash up front. I just ordered a 1500 Limited using the Tread Lightly affiliate program (Google Tread Lightly - look at the $100 member level). 1% below dealer invoice plus all applicable rebates and any FCA financing promotions. So in my case, 1% below invoice, $1500 in rebates, 0% FCA financing for 48 months (that worked out to about 11% below MSRP). If rebates are higher at time of delivery, I can take those. The 60 and 72 month financing didn't have 0%. I don't remember what the specific interest was, but I know that on the 60 month rate the interest charge was $2200 so I took the 0% for 48 months.
I got my Truck from Koons in Virginia. I got 6% below invoice plus all applicable rebates ($1000). I also got 0% for 48 months financing through FCA and an additional $1000 from Koons for doing the financing through them. All in with their doc fee and the $2K in incentives I am at 18% off MSRP -- and I have to stress that's because MSRP went up several times between when I ordered the truck and when it was delivered. Inflation for the win? <sarcasm>

petersandler

Reaction score
I got my Truck from Koons in Virginia. I got 6% below invoice plus all applicable rebates ($1000). I also got 0% for 48 months financing through FCA and an additional $1000 from Koons for doing the financing through them. All in with their doc fee and the $2K in incentives I am at 18% off MSRP -- and I have to stress that's because MSRP went up several times between when I ordered the truck and when it was delivered. Inflation for the win? <sarcasm>
What program are they using to get that low? My paperwork on the order shows the different programs and that price would imply they are selling you the truck at the Employee Pricing level.

eerattler

Reaction score
What program are they using to get that low? My paperwork on the order shows the different programs and that price would imply they are selling you the truck at the Employee Pricing level.
I can't speak to that but that's similar to what Mark Dodge and a few others are doing.

fat trout

Reaction score
I reached out to them for a Big Horn / backcountry/ Crew /5 7 bed / V8. We'll see where it goes. Tks for the feedback.
@shystalips1 While Criswell got back to me right away they weren't very competitive on price. It was basically full MSRP but with a twist

They advised that the Tonneau cover and step rails (that are part of the Backcountry opion) put the truck on restriction and they aren't building trucks with those parts at this time. interestingly they said they (Criswell) pulled those out. I'm not quite sure how you pull individual pieces out of a package on a build so I'd be leary of that. Regardless the price they provided was basically MSRP of the truck as originally configured. Although they supposedly removed the offending parts and added their doc fee.

It was worth a look.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More options for you..

Tommyb63

Reaction score
2020 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4 5.7L
MSRP $57K
Paid $48K including $3.5K for my 2005 Silverado
Brandywine Chrysler, Delaware

This was in June 2020 right before the truck drought really hit. The GM is one of my golf buddies. The truck was a dealer demo, driven by the GM's nephew who was also an employee. Had 3.8K miles on it. The truck bed and rails were scratched so they threw in a free Line-X liner and replaced the rails. Other than that it was perfectly clean.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
@shystalips1 While Criswell got back to me right away they weren't very competitive on price. It was basically full MSRP but with a twist

They advised that the Tonneau cover and step rails (that are part of the Backcountry opion) put the truck on restriction and they aren't building trucks with those parts at this time. interestingly they said they (Criswell) pulled those out. I'm not quite sure how you pull individual pieces out of a package on a build so I'd be leary of that. Regardless the price they provided was basically MSRP of the truck as originally configured. Although they supposedly removed the offending parts and added their doc fee.

It was worth a look.
So was deleting those options going to lower the price? I had no less than 3 dealers tell me they couldn't delete anything included in the backcountry package lol

shystalips1

Reaction score

It was worth a look.
Guess it all depends on your build. My list price was 59,970.
Dicounts: 2% ram forum member, 1% tread lightly, 3% chrysler financing
Sale price- 50,242.06 +ttl + $500 doc fee
Whatever other national rebates and incentives apply will be applied at pickup (as of right now 2750+1000 dodge pop up)

fat trout

Reaction score
So was deleting those options going to lower the price? I had no less than 3 dealers tell me they couldn't delete anything included in the backcountry package lol
Honestly I didn't understand it either but it did seem strange. I didn't dig, i appreciate their feedback and understand it could be anything at any time in (factory0 production I would think ...and not blame the factory or person responding) that you can't pick and choose from a package. I tend to think it would be problematic. At the end of the day I didn't have a good feeling and didn't pursue. They are too far away for me to go in and nit pick...its only fair that I won't waste their time or mine. I explained myself in the request, they responded super quickly. I have no problem. I'm only sharing to share not pick a side.

fat trout

Reaction score
Guess it all depends on your build. My list price was 59,970.
Dicounts: 2% ram forum member, 1% tread lightly, 3% chrysler financing
Sale price- 50,242.06 +ttl + $500 doc fee
Whatever other national rebates and incentives apply will be applied at pickup (as of right now 2750+1000 dodge pop up)
Yup, no disagreement. My build.....crew cab etc wouldn't get the 2750 (unfortunately). No problem with their response and I appreciate your prior info and feedback for sure. I'm just sharing a datapoint in general.

shystalips1

Reaction score
Yup, no disagreement. My build.....crew cab etc wouldn't get the 2750 (unfortunately). No problem with their response and I appreciate your prior info and feedback for sure. I'm just sharing a datapoint in general.
Seems like more and more dealers are limiting what they can order. No one can order me the black step rails with my build, Chapman Dodge isn't taking new orders at all, and MD said they could not order a crew cab bighorn with the night edition any more. Crazy stuff going on with the orders it seems.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
@shystalips1
They advised that the Tonneau cover and step rails (that are part of the Backcountry opion) put the truck on restriction and they aren't building trucks with those parts at this time.

Seems like more and more dealers are limiting what they can order. No one can order me the black step rails with my build, Chapman Dodge isn't taking new orders at all, and MD said they could not order a crew cab bighorn with the night edition any more. Crazy stuff going on with the orders it seems.

I just ordered a Backcountry Quad Cab. I was viewing the order screen during the configuration process. We noticed that the description for Backcountry in the order guide didn't mention the black step rails but confirmed it said they were included on the website describing the package. Tonneau cover however was listed. If they are either going to be deleted or cause a delay, I'd rather have them deleted as long as the package gets a price reduction but the price was the same in the configurator. I'll see if I can find out more.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
I just ordered a Backcountry Quad Cab. I was viewing the order screen during the configuration process. We noticed that the description for Backcountry in the order guide didn't mention the black step rails but confirmed it said they were included on the website describing the package. Tonneau cover however was listed. If they are either going to be deleted or cause a delay, I'd rather have them deleted as long as the package gets a price reduction but the price was the same in the configurator. I'll see if I can find out more.

Yea let us know what you find out. I have a backcountry ordered that has the Tonneau and side steps and wonder if it will get delayed. I didn't want the side steps and asked a couple dealers if I could delete. I didn't ask MD who I actually ordered from because I thought it was impossible at that point.

CCA

Reaction score
Is there a excel sheet or anything I can view individual dealers and how negotiations went in one spot? If not I will dig this forum to find out if everyone could make sure they add dealer and location that will help out. Lol I honestly hope that someone has already done it though xD

fat trout

Reaction score
Yea let us know what you find out. I have a backcountry ordered that has the Tonneau and side steps and wonder if it will get delayed. I didn't want the side steps and asked a couple dealers if I could delete. I didn't ask MD who I actually ordered from because I thought it was impossible at that point.
I brought this up with Sandi @ MD.....she noted you can't select to delete certain things off of a package (makes sense to me). She also said its hard to gauge what is or isn't a problem as it has been crazy and ever changing. As she said. It may be step bars and Tonneau cover today, floor mats or paint color tomorrow.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score

I brought this up with Sandi @ MD.....she noted you can't select to delete certain things off of a package (makes sense to me). She also said its hard to gauge what is or isn't a problem as it has been crazy and ever changing. As she said. It may be step bars and Tonneau cover today, floor mats or paint color tomorrow.

Well apparently RAM can delete things out of a package and not lower the price!

Anyway, I agree supply issues are fluid. Just makes it tough when ordering a new vehicle seems to be the future, but there's no way to know what you may end up with when it shows up.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a excel sheet or anything I can view individual dealers and how negotiations went in one spot? If not I will dig this forum to find out if everyone could make sure they add dealer and location that will help out. Lol I honestly hope that someone has already done it though xD

Not sure where you're located, but either way for the best deal with the least amount of frustration/games I would recommend (along with many others here) Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. I see you've been pretty active on the forums today but if you do some digging in these threads you'll see a resounding pattern of happy customers getting good deals with little to no effort.

I don't think anyone has compiled a spreadsheet on it but if you look in the Mark Dodge thread here, or just look back through threads like the one we are in, you'll find plenty of information. Or google "5th gen rams Mark Dodge" might be an easier way to go about it. I ordered from them a year ago from 1500 miles away and had it delivered up, and to make a long story short ordered a 21 for less money than dealers in the northeast wanted for leftover 2020s.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Seems like features are getting dropped and prices are going up. Dealers and manufacturers are raking it in.

mophead

Reaction score
I noticed on the RAM site that the Back Country doesn't mention bed lighting although looks like everything else is pulled over from the B.U.G. I read an article ( maybe Car & Driver) that mentioned a bed extender as part of the package too. Please let us know.

mikey1299

Reaction score
I noticed on the RAM site that the Back Country doesn't mention bed lighting although looks like everything else is pulled over from the B.U.G. I read an article ( maybe Car & Driver) that mentioned a bed extender as part of the package too. Please let us know.

Also, all the picture I have seen show Rambox on the Backcountry but it isn’t in the list of options. Does it come with them or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread