5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tomme12

Reaction score
So you just built out something on the website and sent that config to them and then suddenly it came back far below the RAM website price? That sounds pretty awesome to me, I need to reach out to them about a Backcountry build.

Edit: just sent them a build quote/price sheet request, we'll see how it compares to the RAM website and my local dealer down the street. :fingerscrossed
That is correct, I built my rebel on the ram website and there is a share link. I sent that to Sandi and she quoted it out fairly quickly. Once I liked the options, they wrote it up and PDF signed a bunch of docs and locked in my price.

m.hamner

Reaction score
That is correct, I built my rebel on the ram website and there is a share link. I sent that to Sandi and she quoted it out fairly quickly. Once I liked the options, they wrote it up and PDF signed a bunch of docs and locked in my price.
I don't recommend anyone talk about extended warranty with your dealer until you have the price from Zeigler (www.chryslerfactoryplans.com) as your benchmark. Read the link below and you'll find the PAYFULL or other discount codes you can utilize to get your quote online and then use it as the basis for negotiation with your dealer. I have NEVER had a dealer meet or beat their price...they'll come with $100 or so sometimes but if you ever want to cancel then it is a hassle. With Zeigler, you input your contract information in the Cancellation section of their website and it gets cancelled with ZERO hassle.

Yes I agree. Get a quote not only on that from Ziegler, but go ahead and think about getting quotes with factory backed wheel protection and ceramic coats, tint and not to mention, gap insurance. All of these things you can get quotes on to bring to the table ahead of time.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
H

Holy cow, that's a crazy good deal. It's hard to imagine that MD makes any money off of some of these deals they give.
Mark CDJR makes these deals to hit volume bonus numbers. They are a small market dealer pushing consistent top five Ram sales volume nationally. Plus for every unit they sell, they have an excellent opportunity to sell back end products (warranty, tire and wheel protection, key replacement, GAP insurance, financing) The back end of the deal is where dealerships have always made the gross profit to offset a short front end deal.
Every dealership could operate this way, but the short sightedness of the dealership model is deeply ingrained. Skin the sheep! Vs. Sheer the sheep. Profit is not a dirty word, but dealerships posting 4x profits over 2019 on much lower volume is dirty. There is going to be hell to pay when consumers try to trade out of these insanely overpriced cars in three to five years.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Mark CDJR makes these deals to hit volume bonus numbers. They are a small market dealer pushing consistent top five Ram sales volume nationally. Plus for every unit they sell, they have an excellent opportunity to sell back end products (warranty, tire and wheel protection, key replacement, GAP insurance, financing) The back end of the deal is where dealerships have always made the gross profit to offset a short front end deal.
Every dealership could operate this way, but the short sightedness of the dealership model is deeply ingrained. Skin the sheep! Vs. Sheer the sheep. Profit is not a dirty word, but dealerships posting 4x profits over 2019 on much lower volume is dirty. There is going to be hell to pay when consumers try to trade out of these insanely overpriced cars in three to five years.
Definitely a sellers market.
Not expecting it to last too much longer.
Waiting for the 10K+ discounts to return. :cool:

BJC

Reaction score
Ordered my ram on 1-14-22. MSRP with delivery was $56,900.00 VIN1C6SRFM3NN289348. 2022 ram crew cab big horn 6'4 box 5.7 4x4. night ed. level 2. with some other misc. goodies.
Employee pricing discount was about -$5,600.00
Gave me NAtion wide bonus cash -$1500.00
Traded in my 19 Ram 1500 lease. (Lease payments are $350/month $0 down) pay off was 29,000.00 trade in was 36,000.00 -$7,000.00
Negotiated for another -$1,900.00 that was being Offered as "coupons" or they gave me more $ for trade in IDK...
Out the door price less taxes came to $41,000.00. I was told any additional incentives beyond the $1,500.00 that I "qualify" for would be available to put toward final price.
Well you just totally made me feel bad about my used, very similarly equipped 2020 purchase for $46k... :p :censored: :p

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Well you just totally made me feel bad about my used, very similarly equipped 2020 purchase for $46k... :p :censored: :p
That's the market we live in these days...
I bought my 2019 1500 BH with Nav, Level 2, LED Package, Trailer brake, Hemi eTorque, Alpine and much more for $38k brand new. was $55,275MSRP and I got a crazy discount($17k)... The only thing is, they had 450 of them on the lot, I could've chosen any color, powertrain, features, packages combo that I can think of... They showed me a black one, white and then the Silver one that I got, all had the same features... Times are tough now, hopefully it'll get better soon.

Reactions: BJC

BJC

Reaction score
That's the market we live in these days...
I bought my 2019 1500 BH with Nav, Level 2, LED Package, Trailer brake, Hemi eTorque, Alpine and much more for $38k brand new. was $55,275MSRP and I got a crazy discount($17k)... The only thing is, they had 450 of them on the lot, I could've chosen any color, powertrain, features, packages combo that I can think of... They showed me a black one, white and then the Silver one that I got, all had the same features... Times are tough now, hopefully it'll get better soon.

Way to make me feel even worst! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

No I completely get it, I joke. Inflation (super tough in SoCal) is a *****. I got way more than I should have on my trade in, that is actually why I went with used vs arguing with dealerships.
Now I justify my decision by the fact that I don't want to modify anything big until the warranty expires. :cool:
That and I still have my Stinger (yes its a Kia, shut up!) to play with.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Hi all, I've owned Rams from 04, 07, 10, 13, 16, and 19, but moved away from trucks for a few years looking for something more "economical" and "smaller." No real reason for that, but after trying several other types of vehicles, I'm just a truck guy. After reading this thread, I just sent a build to MD and am excited to see what they say. This is the link to the build I would be going after.

Although I did have an early 5th gen with the 19, I'm looking forward to reading here about how things have changed the last few years.

Southside

Reaction score
I would like to update everyone that the Ramtrucks.com $1000 cash code, that other members have posted about in several threads, is still working. In order to get the code you have to first go incognito mode on your browser, I used Chrome. Then, go to "Build your 2022 Ram 1500" start building a truck, and as you get to the bottom near summary, you will get a pop-up window asking for your name and email address. This will email you a code for 1K that stacks with other rebates. The codes first came out ~ Feb 4th and has an expiration date 60 days from when you get it. Last night I just performed it again to get a new code with a later date. Screen Shots attached.

Attachments

• Pop Up Screen Shot.png
    Pop Up Screen Shot.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Code_Screen_Shot .png
    Code_Screen_Shot .png
    392.4 KB · Views: 33

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, I've owned Rams from 04, 07, 10, 13, 16, and 19, but moved away from trucks for a few years looking for something more "economical" and "smaller." No real reason for that, but after trying several other types of vehicles, I'm just a truck guy. After reading this thread, I just sent a build to MD and am excited to see what they say. This is the link to the build I would be going after.

Although I did have an early 5th gen with the 19, I'm looking forward to reading here about how things have changed the last few years.
They'll likely price you right around if not below employee pricing. It's almost Ram Truck Month so don't order until March. There's also $1000 bonus cash that you can get off of the Ramtrucks website. Mark Dodge has been awesome to work with. I fly out tomorrow to pick mine up from them.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
They'll likely price you right around if not below employee pricing. It's almost Ram Truck Month so don't order until March. There's also $1000 bonus cash that you can get off of the Ramtrucks website. Mark Dodge has been awesome to work with. I fly out tomorrow to pick mine up from them.

Thank you for the heads up!

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
I would like to update everyone that the Ramtrucks.com $1000 cash code, that other members have posted about in several threads, is still working. In order to get the code you have to first go incognito mode on your browser, I used Chrome. Then, go to "Build your 2022 Ram 1500" start building a truck, and as you get to the bottom near summary, you will get a pop-up window asking for your name and email address. This will email you a code for 1K that stacks with other rebates. The codes first came out ~ Feb 4th and has an expiration date 60 days from when you get it. Last night I just performed it again to get a new code with a later date. Screen Shots attached.

Worked for me!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, if you have affiliate pricing, Mark Dodge will give you an extra $500 off. If your employer doesn't qualify for it, you can join an organization like Tread Lightly for $100/year to get the discount. You have to be a member for at least 30 days before it counts.

Right now I think most people can get the $1000 national incentive, $1000 bonus cash from the website and $500 affiliate program discount. The bonus cash expires in 60 days so you might not get that one BUT Truck Month will likely make up for it.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
Also, if you have affiliate pricing, Mark Dodge will give you an extra $500 off. If your employer doesn't qualify for it, you can join an organization like Tread Lightly for $100/year to get the discount. You have to be a member for at least 30 days before it counts.

Right now I think most people can get the $1000 national incentive, $1000 bonus cash from the website and $500 affiliate program discount. The bonus cash expires in 60 days so you might not get that one BUT Truck Month will likely make up for it.
Has the affliate pricing been reinstated again. They had stopped honoring that back in October?

Users who are viewing this thread