5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Based on everyone's replies here I'm gonna go ahead and guess the Rebel has less incentives? I have a $72.5k build and they knocked it down to $64.8. Still tremendous discount, just curious how everyone is scoring $10k+ before rebates, is all.
My discount of $10k includes rebates however just got a call from my dealer and he bumped my trade in to $48000 using some inside coupon...go figure 🙄

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on everyone's replies here I'm gonna go ahead and guess the Rebel has less incentives? I have a $72.5k build and they knocked it down to $64.8. Still tremendous discount, just curious how everyone is scoring $10k+ before rebates, is all.
Mine is only so high because I ordered in June and I just took delivery Monday. I was price protected through all of the MSRP increases and then on top of that I had $2500 in rebates. If it had been delivered next month I would have gotten an even better deal "on paper". I also paid cash and that reduced my price by $1,000. My initial quoted price was: MSRP $72,685 Sale Price $64,227. My MSRP ended up being $76,750 and my Sale Price was $61,114 after cash discount and incentives.

Dusty19

Reaction score
For those wondering, my local dealers are running roughly $9,000-$10,000 off MSRP for “Presidents Day” sales, or just in general this month. Highest discounted seem to be the 2WD BigHorn models for obvious reasons, although I have seen a few loaded Laramie models at $10,000 off…

Dusty19

Reaction score
And just for fun, here is a dealer in OK last year for their Truck Month promo ad on TV/YouTube…
Up to $23,000 off…ha.

Attachments

• B514A693-AB81-4EA7-9672-6253B582AAC4.png
    B514A693-AB81-4EA7-9672-6253B582AAC4.png
    486.1 KB · Views: 44

m.hamner

Reaction score
The rebel did (does still, perhaps) have a little less incentive than the limited at the time I bought which was just in the last week, but the limited's MSRP was more, so I think it would be a wash either way.

I did a lot of research from subscribing to Consumer Reports and Edmunds , and it seems as if you can get the ram specifically for 2-6% under invoice, you've got a killer deal and if you get the truck at invoice, it's still a good deal.

By contrast, the Kia Telluride is going for an average of 22% over MSRP at the moment.

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
A local dealer is offering me $10k off MSRP $73840 Limited Longhorn with rebates included. Trade in offered on my 19 Longhorn 1500 at $47000 (MSRP $62225 paid $43k in 6/19). Is this a decent deal?
IMO it depends on how much of the discount is discount and how much is rebate—my understanding is dealer still gets the rebate dollars, so if the discount by $10k but it’s all rebate money they are still getting it.

$47k on a truck you paid $43k for seems pretty solid; also if you’re not wanting to wait for an order and large discount (probably $6-7k on your deal w/o rebates) seems like a good deal in the market. I would guess they are discounting the truck $6-7k, you have $3-4k in rebates.

I would also imagine that considering they came up $1k on the trade that there is still good profit on the sale side.

Around me lots of dealers go higher on the trade than discounting the buy—

MO Rebel

Reaction score
As for warranty plans, it’s hard to beat Ziegler. 8 year, 125K miles, $200 deductible Mopar Maxcare is $2,490 using the “payinfull” discount code. My dealer told me that was his cost, but he would match it.

As far as price on my new Rebel, some of you guys are getting some killer deals with Mark Dodge for sure. It does look like some of the orders take awhile to get built which I’m guessing may be a dealer allocation issue.

I work with a fairly high volume dealer in Kansas that I’ve bought my last three vehicles from. I bought a 2019 and a 2020 Grand Cherokee for $2,500 under invoice. That is before any rebates which further reduce the price. They charge a $299 doc fee and that is it. They matched the Ziegler Mopar Maxcare price on both Grand Cherokees. Due to current demand and allocation restraints, the lowest they would go on my Rebel was $1,000 over invoice. I’m ok with that as I feel they have always treated me fair, they have a decent service department, and if anything pops up, they are 20 minutes from home. I ordered on 2/11/2022 with a 3/27/2022 estimated ship. That’s six weeks. They have allocation for the trucks they sell. You don’t have to worry about waiting. If this delivery is like the others, I don’t expect to be there more than 45 min to an hour. Everything will be ready to go other than signing the documents.

I certainly don’t blame anyone for trying to save every dollar they can, and there’s no doubt I paid more than a lot of others have by using a dealer like Mark Dodge. But, sometimes there are other things that matter than getting the rock bottom price. I feel like they always treat me fairly, whether it’s sales or service. I can’t always put a price on that.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As for warranty plans, it’s hard to beat Ziegler. 8 year, 125K miles, $200 deductible Mopar Maxcare is $2,490 using the “payinfull” discount code. My dealer told me that was his cost, but he would match it.

As far as price on my new Rebel, some of you guys are getting some killer deals with Mark Dodge for sure. It does look like some of the orders take awhile to get built which I’m guessing may be a dealer allocation issue.

I work with a fairly high volume dealer in Kansas that I’ve bought my last three vehicles from. I bought a 2019 and a 2020 Grand Cherokee for $2,500 under invoice. That is before any rebates which further reduce the price. They charge a $299 doc fee and that is it. They matched the Ziegler Mopar Maxcare price on both Grand Cherokees. Due to current demand and allocation restraints, the lowest they would go on my Rebel was $1,000 over invoice. I’m ok with that as I feel they have always treated me fair, they have a decent service department, and if anything pops up, they are 20 minutes from home. I ordered on 2/11/2022 with a 3/27/2022 estimated ship. That’s six weeks. They have allocation for the trucks they sell. You don’t have to worry about waiting. If this delivery is like the others, I don’t expect to be there more than 45 min to an hour. Everything will be ready to go other than signing the documents.

I certainly don’t blame anyone for trying to save every dollar they can, and there’s no doubt I paid more than a lot of others have by using a dealer like Mark Dodge. But, sometimes there are other things that matter than getting the rock bottom price. I feel like they always treat me fairly, whether it’s sales or service. I can’t always put a price on that.
Agreed that it depends on the dealer. I have three CDJR dealers within an hour of my house, and only one of them will ever get my business (service) after going through this process. I'd have probably ordered from that dealer if they could've ordered the Southwest Edition. After going through the entire process with Mark Dodge, it isn't just the savings you get, which are incredible. Their entire process is how dealers should conduct business, in my opinion. It was easy from start to finish, and they have a great team that I had nothing but positive interactions with including when I went to pick the truck up.

Just wanted to add that it isn't just about saving money. Mark Dodge is saving people that money, and doing the other things you referenced right as well.

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that it isn't just about saving money. Mark Dodge is saving people that money, and doing the other things you referenced right as well.
100% agreed. When I haggled for my Challenger it was two straight days at the dealership and we were both exhausted by the end of it (we texted after lol). That said I have no dealership loyalty to anyone here in Phoenix, especially since it's been markup city after COVID hit.

Would rather just go with the place that is known to always treat the customers to the best price, responds fast, and treats us with respect. I'd drive four days round trip for that, easily. Reward those who take care of you.

mike146

Reaction score
Having a relationship already with a dealer that you trust is always the way to go. This is my first RAM vehicle so no prior to any of the dealers near me. I did shop around asking about 4% below invoice. Would have settled for probably closer to invoice or even MSRP at the time before I really considered shipping or flying down to Mark Dodge. But they were MSRP and 3000 over that as a Market Adjustment. When I mentioned that I could get the 4% below invoice, they said good luck. Also wouldn't price protect and doubted anyone else would either. She told me if I could really get a deal like that to jump on it as there was no one on Long Island that would come close to it. She was right, and hence I am another new Mark Dodge customer. Hoping to have a new truck in a few more weeks.

Houstontiger

Reaction score
IMO it depends on how much of the discount is discount and how much is rebate—my understanding is dealer still gets the rebate dollars, so if the discount by $10k but it’s all rebate money they are still getting it.

$47k on a truck you paid $43k for seems pretty solid; also if you’re not wanting to wait for an order and large discount (probably $6-7k on your deal w/o rebates) seems like a good deal in the market. I would guess they are discounting the truck $6-7k, you have $3-4k in rebates.

I would also imagine that considering they came up $1k on the trade that there is still good profit on the sale side.

Around me lots of dealers go higher on the trade than discounting the buy—
Yes, according to the contract they gave $7k dealer discount and $3k in rebates

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
MD (Renea Jaimeson) has been great to date on my order. MRSP $70,425, $62,419 - $1500 for current incentives gives me a POC of $60,919. I’m very happy with the deal especially when Renea emailed me that my price is locked. I couldn’t get anyone in the NW to come below MSRP and locally they are marking them up. For a $10k discount I’ll pay $2k to ship from LA to WA!

Belacyrf

Reaction score
Others have said it before, but Koons in VA was great. Invoice pricing for the custom order and then once the car arrives any FCA applicable incentives will be added on. $74,440 MSRP to $69,601. And hopefully I get lucky with some FCA incentives. After dealing with all of the Ford dealers and their rediculous ADM for a Ford Raptor order (cancelled my Ford Raptor order with a 10K markup since it's likely going to be a 9 month delivery)... this was a nice change of pace.

mcat79

Reaction score
MD quoted me $57 on a 2022 limited with an MSRP of $65. they mentioned that there were no rebates available. Is this inline with what others are getting?

testcrewman

Reaction score
MD quoted me $57 on a 2022 limited with an MSRP of $65. they mentioned that there were no rebates available. Is this inline with what others are getting?
That seems in line with everything I've seen on here. For my Laramie order, my MSRP was $73,480 and I was quoted $64,334. $8-9k off is about average for what I've seen with MD orders.

Users who are viewing this thread