5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TSL

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just placed my order for 2022 1500 Laramie Night Ed with Renae from MD. She quoted me 13.2% under MSRP. I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me. After reading so much positive reviews here on the forum about past dealing with MD, I'm comfortable and excited about my decision. Renae also locked me into a $1K incentive, but I can take advantage of better incentives at time of delivery if any exist.
Also a newbie here, also talking to Renae at MD. Likewise got a quote around 13% under MSRP on Laramie and around 11.5% under MSRP on Rebel. I'm clear on the other corner of the country ( Oregon ) from their dealership, but still looks like I can save up to $5k even with shipping. I might also choose to fly down and do a road-trip back. Haven't 'pulled the trigger' yet, but close. Local dealers not interested in anything off MSRP, maybe $1k discount max is all I can find anywhere. Some won't even discuss orders. I've sent emails to local dealers saying I'd like to order a truck, would you be interested in giving me a quote, and I get a reply back saying "Hi, I heard you were interested in one of the trucks on our lot" ! and I'm sitting here saying "no, that's not what I said" !

Redfour5

Reaction score
Also a newbie here, also talking to Renae at MD. Likewise got a quote around 13% under MSRP on Laramie and around 11.5% under MSRP on Rebel. I'm clear on the other corner of the country ( Oregon ) from their dealership, but still looks like I can save up to $5k even with shipping. I might also choose to fly down and do a road-trip back. Haven't 'pulled the trigger' yet, but close. Local dealers not interested in anything off MSRP, maybe $1k discount max is all I can find anywhere. Some won't even discuss orders. I've sent emails to local dealers saying I'd like to order a truck, would you be interested in giving me a quote, and I get a reply back saying "Hi, I heard you were interested in one of the trucks on our lot" ! and I'm sitting here saying "no, that's not what I said" !
Ahhh, the days of 20% to 30% under MSRP in like May of the year following the model year...like my 2015. I got a call on that one the day before they needed to sell two trucks to meet a monthly volume number that kicked back like another percentage point on all sales for that month. I did kill that deal. Likely never again.

For the Built to Serve 2021, I paid MSRP got a 1250 incentive off MSRP and the dealer put a surcharge in the amount of the incentive back on so MSRP... But I did get 5K more on trade in than they offered me a year earlier on my 2015... So, in the end, something of a wash I suppose. I can't touch my deal now that I got in June 2021. AND it varies. IF you are willing to drive a few hundred miles it can mean thousands different in prices... Here in MT, Helena, trucks apparently are worth their weight in Gold. If you are willing to go to Idaho (Dave Smith/Dennis Dillon/Peterson) you can save three or four K vs here in Helena.

myownstatus

Reaction score
All these bonuses and incentives for the BIGHORN are getting me sick, I bought a ****ING Laramie and only 1K cash back this month.

Tinshield

Reaction score
All these bonuses and incentives for the BIGHORN are getting me sick, I bought a ****ING Laramie and only 1K cash back this month.
I'd like to know what the current incentives are. Most expired yesterday and some still list as only applying to 2021 models like the military and first responder discounts. The Ram website is not current.

myownstatus

Reaction score
I'd like to know what the current incentives are. Most expired yesterday and some still list as only applying to 2021 models like the military and first responder discounts. The Ram website is not current.
I dont know, this was pulled right now., must take delivery by 1/31/2022
1641309133316.png

Ram-583

Reaction score
I wonder how long the "New" incentives will last when they come out. I just ordered a truck on 12/15/21

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Horns almost always have more incentives than anything with leather (Laramie, Longhorn, Limited). Helps keep those trucks more "exclusive" and targets a specific clientel.

When I bought mine there was an additional $5K off for a Big Horn. I would have easily swallowed an extra $4K to get my truck in Laramie trim, but to spend an extra $9K for leather (ventilated) seats and adaptive cruise control was not worth it to me (those were the only extra options I would have been interested in that I couldn't get in a Big Horn).

I de-badged so I fit in with all the star-bellied sneetches (Laramies) with my Premium LED Lighting group :whistle: ;).

Last edited:

Jceblue1

Reaction score
Just so you know I talked to Hawk cdjr in forest park IL today
And they are selling their Rams at MSRP they were nice just not giving any deals

Tinshield

Reaction score
I got some discounts up in MA but vast majority of dealers are MSRP. No one is sitting on any inventory so there's no incentive for them to do much. If you have a decent trade you can often make it up on that right now.

Tranzella

Reaction score
Just so you know I talked to Hawk cdjr in forest park IL today
And they are selling their Rams at MSRP they were nice just not giving any deals
Did you talk to Jason Beltran? I first contacted him via email and he was quick to respond.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Here in South Florida there are plenty of Ram, but most of them are 10K+ above MSRP.

They will sit for a while, I had a friend recently buy one because he was desperate and paid 59k for a slightly used 2021 Laramie

98Superstock

Reaction score
Jcblue1, Did you actually get a quote from Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJR? I asked him for a quote on a new order out and he asked me if I would buy at msrp. I am looking for the best price under dealer invoice near Milwaukee, WI.

myownstatus

Reaction score
Jcblue1, Did you actually get a quote from Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJR? I asked him for a quote on a new order out and he asked me if I would buy at msrp. I am looking for the best price under dealer invoice near Milwaukee.
Just be aggressive, I wrote one email and sent out to numerous dealer BCC and whoever came back with the most aggressive deal got my business. I would drive or fly to save a few stacks. I am saving ~10k just by ordering, definitely hold your ground and battle it out.

98Superstock

Reaction score
Just be aggressive, I wrote one email and sent out to numerous dealer BCC and whoever came back with the most aggressive deal got my business. I would drive or fly to save a few stacks. I am saving ~10k just by ordering, definitely hold your ground and battle it out.
I have already received 5% off of invoice estimates from Mark Dodge and Chapman Auto group. They will indeed save you thousands. Just hoping to find a 5% of dealer in the Midwest to save on travel time.

Tranzella

Reaction score
Jcblue1, Did you actually get a quote from Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJR? I asked him for a quote on a new order out and he asked me if I would buy at msrp. I am looking for the best price under dealer invoice near Milwaukee, WI.
That’s odd. Maybe they stopped dealing in the new year? If so, that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread