5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

franc944

Reaction score
I never understood the Big Horn package 2 discount number?
Is that just a BS number based on if you bought every option à la cart instead?

jrimbri

Reaction score
Does anyone know my best bet to order from Long Island? It seems all dealers over here refuse to budge on MSRP. Do I have an option of delivery from some of the dealers being mentioned?

mike146

Reaction score
May I ask experience with Sales Tax. Are the incentives / rebates applied before or after the calculation for sales

Each state is different. In Illinois, you are taxed on the rebates, however, if you have a trade-in you substrate that from the sales price and pay tax on the difference of sales price - trade-in value. Also, you're not taxed on any government fees i.e. plates/registration/title
I would check with your state.
Source: https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/sales/Documents/vehicleusetax/st-556-1-instr.pdf
View attachment 115970
I am in NY. and after I posted, realized it would be different in every state. NY is same in that rebates are applied after sales tax calculated. Trade In's are taken off before tax calculated.

thank you for the response

mike146

Reaction score
Does anyone know my best bet to order from Long Island? It seems all dealers over here refuse to budge on MSRP. Do I have an option of delivery from some of the dealers being mentioned?
My experience on Long Island was dealers getting 3 thousand over MSRP. Mark Dodge is offering 4% below invoice. If I don't go down to Lake Charles and drive back myself, the cost of shipping is 1500 to 2000. Still about 7 to 8 thousand dollar savings over local dealers. My MSRP came to 74,000 sales price was 66,500. Local would have been 77,000. Tax on the higher amount just makes the savings even greater.

Read through some of the threads, believe there may be a dealer in PA that is offering the same pricing as Mark Dodge...but Mark Dodge has an unbeatable reputation.

Good Luck

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Call or email Aaron at Mark Dodge. Even with the drive over, Airbnb, food, gas, snacks, and a 7 year bumper to bumper, they beat anything local.

Check this thread out.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am in NY. and after I posted, realized it would be different in every state. NY is same in that rebates are applied after sales tax calculated. Trade In's are taken off before tax calculated.

closest to New York...

Chapman’s CDJR in Horsham, PA
Ashlie Ryan
[email protected]
215-674-3600
(5% below invoice as of 1/1/22)

Nova90

Reaction score
closest to New York...

Chapman’s CDJR in Horsham, PA
Ashlie Ryan
[email protected]
215-674-3600
(5% below invoice as of 1/1/22)
They are my local dealer and glad to see they might have finally come to their senses. That was not the story in March 2021 when I ended up ordering from Mark Dodge at 1,400 miles away! I even gave them a chance about a month or so ago for pricing on a Jeep Cherokee L and they were MSRP+ even on build orders.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are my local dealer and glad to see they might have finally come to their senses. That was not the story in March 2021 when I ended up ordering from Mark Dodge at 1,400 miles away! I even gave them a chance about a month or so ago for pricing on a Jeep Cherokee L and they were MSRP+ even on build orders.

Might have caught them at a bad time, I don’t know how recently, but within the last year they were audited by Stellantis and had to pay back over $250,000 for selling below invoice with the affiliates pricing.

Now they are back to selling 5% below invoice but won’t stack the 1% affiliates after that audit debacle

franc944

Reaction score

Connecticut is not far and there are three dealers here that sell at invoice before rebates. Dm me and I’ll refer you. Connecticut is less than a two hour ride for you

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Connecticut is not far and there are three dealers here that sell at invoice before rebates. Dm me and I’ll refer you. Connecticut is less than a two hour ride for you

post’em up here!

Gp44

Reaction score
I got some discounts up in MA but vast majority of dealers are MSRP. No one is sitting on any inventory so there's no incentive for them to do much. If you have a decent trade you can often make it up on that right now.
Hi,

I am in Attleboro and curious if you can refer me to where I can go?

franc944

Reaction score
Hi,

I ultimately ordered from Papas dodge in New Britain because I get my vehicles service there

Artioli in Enfield Gengras in East Hartford and even Troyano in Colchester are all willing to sell AT invoice and then add the rebates on top

I just approach them all and said I was an affiliate buyer and I know that your affiliate program is over for the DT but would they still honor it? They all said yes even though they don’t get any affiliate money they will still sell at invoice if I order from them.

Last edited:

Anywheels

Reaction score
I paid MSRP for a Rebel off the lot configured how I wanted it in Southern California, Hemi, no e-torque, 33 gal, 12” nav, alpine stereo, granite crystal. Those were my must haves, I am from Nor-Cal and the dealers up here in Sacramento quoted me $15,000 OVER MSRP!!!! Obviously that’s not in the ballpark or even that same sport!
I found the truck I wanted by searching different zip codes, made the deal, flew on Southwest to SoCal, ubered to the dealer and drove the 400 miles home that night. I did pay 1k additional over MSRP for the stupid alarm and paint protection stickers etc, but I knew that before I went down. I get that those are just pure profit makers for the dealer but after hearing about the insane prices up here I was ok with it. I can’t believe that I am happy with MSRP but it’s a crazy time right now. I did sell a 2011 ML350 for above bluebook so it kind of works out in the end.
Awesome truck with the features that I wanted. There are a ton of discounts on the other RAMs, just not on the Rebels.

spyder

Reaction score
Weird. I looked around in Sacramento area and all of the Rebels I found were reasonable. Wound up buying from Hoblit for 2500 under. I wish I had the 33 gallon tank, and the non-etorque, but I still love the truck. I'll just need to bring extra fuel on hunt trips. I overpaid for the "bumper to bumper", because I didn't put the thought in to it but...eh. The two problems I had with my 2014 were covered by that, and it paid for itself then, so I'm fine with it. It's just money, I'll make more!

Anywheels

Reaction score
You got the deal I needed! Maybe I was to specific with my needs but the bigger gas tank was one. I didn’t see the color, options I wanted at Hoblit. The crazy priced dealer was in Sac, not Elk Grove if that narrows it down. The sales guy kept texting me, his final offer became 5k over MSRP but yet already lost my business by then and I was driving the new Rebel home 👍 I have heard good things about Hoblit, they just didn’t have the truck I was looking for.

Last edited:

Tinshield

Reaction score
You got the deal I needed! Maybe I was to specific with my needs but the bigger gas tank was one. I didn’t see the color, options I wanted at Hoblit. The crazy priced dealer was in Sac, not Elk Grove if that narrows it down. The sales guy kept texting me, his final offer became 5k over MSRP but yet already lost my business by then and I was driving the new Rebel home 👍 I have heard good things about Hoblit, they just didn’t have the truck I was looking for.
I speced the 33 gallon tank. So much better!

spyder

Reaction score

I speced the 33 gallon tank. So much better!

Yea, they had 4 identical except for color Rebels on the lot when I went. I had gone to Elk Grove first and test drove a few trucks, thinking I wanted a lower cost Bighorn. First one I drove I was ok with but didn't love, and it had the 3.23 rear and big fuel tank. The second one I drove had the 3.92s, and the first time I stomped on it in that truck, I knew I had to have that rear end. It was several thousand cheaper than the Rebel, but I also wanted at minimum the off road package, and really wanted the locker. Elk Grove had a decent enough offer for me to buy it, but I wanted to swing by Hoblit and look, so I went there. They let me test drive the TRX, and I bought the Rebel.

The fuel tank size is the only thing I REALLY wanted more of, though I would have preferred a level 1 or level 2 package as well, but...for the price, and because I wanted to buy it before end of calendar year for tax purposes, I grabbed the Rebel.

Depending on how value, costs, wait, and trade in stuff is, I may very well try and trade it in at the end of the year or midway through 2023 on a new Rebel built exactly how I want it. Maybe not. Depends on a lot of things, trade in value being the biggest. I see 2019 Rebels and Bighorns advertised on lots, with 20k miles, for more than I paid for my brand new Rebel. If it's still silly like that, there's a good chance I'll upgrade. Who knows.

kglassic

Reaction score
Hi,

Criswell RAM special offer (Affiliate Rewards are back!):

Factory orders 6% below invoice January 10-31, 2022 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2022 RAM 1500 factory orders (excluding TRX) = 6% below factory invoice (2% Jeep Forum member +1% Affiliate Rewards + 3% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: The 3% conventional financing discount does not include Chrysler special financing offers and requires financing 75% of the vehicle sales price. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local taxes, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new RAM.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.

franc944

Reaction score
Criswell RAM special offer (Affiliate Rewards are back!):

Factory orders 6% below invoice January 10-31, 2022 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2022 RAM 1500 factory orders (excluding TRX) = 6% below factory invoice (2% Jeep Forum member +1% Affiliate Rewards + 3% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: The 3% conventional financing discount does not include Chrysler special financing offers and requires financing 75% of the vehicle sales price. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local taxes, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new RAM.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.
Is affiliate pricing actually back for the models removed or is that just a promotion your store is doing?

Users who are viewing this thread