5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

UnclJim

Reaction score
Best and only tool you have is to just keep looking around. I'm seeing $5k "accessory" charge in the Philly area.

Got no problems increasing my search area to 100 miles to find something. That's how I got lucky.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Friends brother found me Chapman Chrysler in Horsham thu a Hellcat forum , 5% off invoice. Ordered mine there. two day later found this site and saw 6% off site supporter in Va.

x50

Reaction score
Best and only tool you have is to just keep looking around. I'm seeing $5k "accessory" charge in the Philly area.

Got no problems increasing my search area to 100 miles to find something. That's how I got lucky.

2021 Ram Rebel
Carman in Delaware is selling under MSRP for factory ordered trucks. Koons in VA has better pricing too

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carman in Delaware is selling under MSRP for factory ordered trucks. Koons in VA has better pricing too
I appreciate it. I have my 2021 rebel that I paid invoice about 2 months ago (after waiting 5 months for an 2022 ram order i placed, but then i cancled it), and I'm happy with it.

My dealer that I placed my original order will be getting my ordered truck soon. but unless I get a great deal, I'm not going to get another truck until the electric ram comes out.

2021 Ram Rebel

mophead

Reaction score
Not only the MSRP but what they allow you to place in your trim line build.
No LEDS, multifunction, ramboxes in Bighorn for an example.
I built a Bighorn that suits my needs and I am very happy over all. No can do anymore. That makes me see what else is available to suit me which may require some leg work on my part and Ram taking a hike.
Yep, my wish list has taken a big dump. Quad no longer available in a Laramie. Premium lights gone from Bighorn. Looking elsewhere myself. Super Cab Ford as much as I hate to say it. I really don't need space for people in the back seat at all and don't want a long hard to park 4 door with a short less useful bed.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Yep, my wish list has taken a big dump. Quad no longer available in a Laramie. Premium lights gone from Bighorn. Looking elsewhere myself. Super Cab Ford as much as I hate to say it. I really don't need space for people in the back seat at all and don't want a long hard to park 4 door with a short less useful bed.
I hear you. Dealer put in first order had premium lights but wrong color went back to change color 2 hrs later lost premium lights!!!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've tried to do a build in Bighorn, Laramie and Limited trim line. Lot of give and take without getting what I want. Things were a lot better in 2018. I am sure that Ram is making additional profit from the game change but sure doesn't make for customer satisfaction at least not mine.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Aaron or Sandi from MD lately?

Sandi told me a while back that the last week of every month is always hectic, and to expect a delay in response. I'm sure the holiday break is part of this also. I've never not heard back from Sandi after reaching out to her ... sometimes it takes a few days though.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Sandi told me a while back that the last week of every month is always hectic, and to expect a delay in response. I'm sure the holiday break is part of this also. I've never not heard back from Sandi after reaching out to her ... sometimes it takes a few days though.
I heard from Aaron today. He will be out the rest of this week until Friday.

tomme12

Reaction score
I had a 2022 Rebel priced out on 12/9 and it was MSRP 52000. Today I updated the quote and its not $52995.

Was there a price increase?

Tranzella

Reaction score
I had a 2022 Rebel priced out on 12/9 and it was MSRP 52000. Today I updated the quote and its not $52995.

Was there a price increase?
Yep, right around 12/13. Prices increased on a few options as well.

Tranzella

Reaction score
Speaking of price increases…does anybody have any clue if prices will jump again after the new year? Or if the deals that we can get now at places like MD will go away?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of price increases…does anybody have any clue if prices will jump again after the new year? Or if the deals that we can get now at places like MD will go away?

Price increases happen continually. Not only at the start of the new MY, but also any time during the model year too.

Many dealers out there giving the same discount as MD so I wouldn’t worry about them going away.

Hawaiian_Built

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just placed my order for 2022 1500 Laramie Night Ed with Renae from MD. She quoted me 13.2% under MSRP. I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me. After reading so much positive reviews here on the forum about past dealing with MD, I'm comfortable and excited about my decision. Renae also locked me into a $1K incentive, but I can take advantage of better incentives at time of delivery if any exist.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me.
It's ridiculous that this is the reaction a lot of other dealers are having. They should be learning from this, not being scumbags about it.

I'm picking mine up from MD this week, while my local dealer still sends me spam with "deals" on lot trucks.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just placed my order for 2022 1500 Laramie Night Ed with Renae from MD. She quoted me 13.2% under invoice. I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me. After reading so much positive reviews here on the forum about past dealing with MD, I'm comfortable and excited about my decision. Renae also locked me into a $1K incentive, but I can take advantage of better incentives at time of delivery if any exist.
Are you sure it's 13.2% under invoice and not 13.2% off MSRP?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's ridiculous that this is the reaction a lot of other dealers are having. They should be learning from this, not being scumbags about it.

I'm picking mine up from MD this week, while my local dealer still sends me spam with "deals" on lot trucks.
I agree. Dumb dealers just not only the MSRP number but adding $5k in markups.

It's their lost....but some sucker is going to overpay. It wont be from anybody here...lol

2021 Ram Rebel

Users who are viewing this thread