5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wowowswswws

Reaction score
Sandi told me a while back that the last week of every month is always hectic, and to expect a delay in response. I'm sure the holiday break is part of this also. I've never not heard back from Sandi after reaching out to her ... sometimes it takes a few days though.
and this is the last week of the year......... fingers crossed I can get my build processed

Hasti17

Reaction score
Likewise, 1500 miles away and even with that shipping bill they were the lowest by a ton. Not to mention the excellent experience as oppose to other dealers (I dealt with Aaron the whole time and he went above and beyond for me as he has for many others). It's the only positive buying experience I've ever had buying from a dealership, from start to finish. They'll be my first contact next time I buy.
Agreed, by the time i DROVE home it was 2050 miles. Made it a mini vacation and even WITH the flight, initial car rental, hotels, food, entertainment, fuel, ECT. we spent about 70% of the shipping cost to drive it home ourselves and really get to enjoy the experience, Saved 12 grand as opposed to ordering in NY

Hasti17

Reaction score
Just found this site. Content is fantastic. I don’t think I’m going to waste time with local dealers and just send the folks at MD an email. Any advice for those who have just placed an order with them?
check the Mark dodge Thread to get a flavor of how we all handled the process and what to expect

Hasti17

Reaction score
To add, Ford never canceled any of their affiliate pricing. I still have mine, just didn't find the inventory I wanted.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
looked at ford but i thought they were way to pricey for what was priced out, even with the X-plan, i was unwilling to buy anything but a king ranch and they could not be configured in a setup that looked good to me, nevermind paying 5k more for a truck with less substantive options overall IMHO.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thanks for info. I'm in Knoxville, TN area and figure it'll be similar to have delivered to me here.
Was just in knoxville driving back, its where the wife and i would like to move. however im gonna need you to go around to all the local realtors and tell em' to lower all the prices.... a couple hundred thousand dollars, i live in NY and your housing market makes ME sweat.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just placed my order for 2022 1500 Laramie Night Ed with Renae from MD. She quoted me 13.2% under MSRP. I took that quote to multiple dealers locally and it literally offended them. They all quoted MSRP and suggested MD was potentially trying to scam me. After reading so much positive reviews here on the forum about past dealing with MD, I'm comfortable and excited about my decision. Renae also locked me into a $1K incentive, but I can take advantage of better incentives at time of delivery if any exist.
If there is a Reason many of us linger Here After ordering our trucks, its this. Imagine not having this tool, imagine all the hundreds of thousands of dollars that the collective knowledge here has saved people. its absolutely astonishing the power a forum like this has, and that FAR MORE OFTEN than should be possible the people here represent the BIGGEST resource for prospective buyers and the cutting edge of up-to-date information.
I remember Getting local Quotes at 2500 over MSRP. not a chance i would have been able to get what I wanted for less than 68k, for me, way outside of a feasible budget. and within an hour of joining the forum, i got exactly what i wanted from mark at a quote of 55k....
No matter what your opinion, i feel good knowing we can help people not get abused by dealers, just simply providing honest insights

UnclJim

Reaction score
Giving up on my Back country and moving up to a rebel does anyone have sandis' email at Mark Dodge?

ashott989

Reaction score
Was just in knoxville driving back, its where the wife and i would like to move. however im gonna need you to go around to all the local realtors and tell em' to lower all the prices.... a couple hundred thousand dollars, i live in NY and your housing market makes ME sweat.
Wow, well it must have gone crazy cause we moved here summer of '19 and prices were crazy low compared to moving from Tampa.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh boy… back in June I placed an order for a back country at my local dealer. It basically took forever ( 6 months to get to this point) . I gave up on the order and I bought a rebel instead about 2 months ago.

Dealer reaches out to me to say “ hey, if your still interested, your ordered truck has finally arrived”. I really like my 2021 ram rebel, and I know that I can get a decent resale value for that rebel truck. But I’m really missing the idea of the pano roof and rambox that are in that pretty loaded back country I ordered.

I think that since it’s the end of the year, I’m going to ask just for invoice pricing ( I believe it’s somewhere around 6% off msrp) if they even want to deal with me, and just hold on that pricing. They can get some skin in the game, and I’m under msrp. I checked to see incentives, and there really isn’t any actual price discounts besides the 0% Apr for 72 months.

It helps that I have leverage with the ram rebel I have and it’s a really good truck, so I just can’t believe that people are willing to pay over msrp for stuff.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

LoRAM

Reaction score
MSRP: $60,660
Rebates: $1,750
Discount: $7,661
Total Paid: $51,249 + TTL
Financing: 0% for 48mo
Trade in: $43,000 (2k more than I paid for my 2019 Laramie Sport when purchased new 10/2018)

Financed the entire purchase at 0% and walking away with a check for $43,000. I wasn’t in the market for a new vehicle, but I couldn’t afford NOT to!

*update: deal was for a 2022 Laramie, purchased 12/27

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MSRP: $60,660
Rebates: $1,750
Discount: $7,661
Total Paid: $51,249 + TTL
Financing: 0% for 48mo
Trade in: $43,000 (2k more than I paid for my 2019 Laramie Sport when purchased new 10/2018)

Financed the entire purchase at 0% and walking away with a check for $43,000. I wasn’t in the market for a new vehicle, but I couldn’t afford NOT to!
This tells us nothing...what was the Year/Trim Level/Options?

LoRAM

Reaction score
This tells us nothing...what was the Year/Trim Level/Options?
2022 Laramie - 2WD, level A pkg, Southwest pkg (panoramic roof, 12” screen, power running boards, console safe), eco diesel, anti spin diff, 3.92 gears, 33 gal tank. Everything else is the same as my old 2019 Laramie Sport - other than I’m losing the sport hood :(

UnclJim

Reaction score
Just ordered from Chapman in Horsham. same price as MD and Koons just closer to home.
22 Rebel Black msrp 67,135 Invoice 62,882 6% off 59,738
Gt
Night
33 gallon
level 2
12" with 9 speakers

warz00

Reaction score
Just ordered from Chapman in Horsham. same price as MD and Koons just closer to home.
22 Rebel Black msrp 67,135 Invoice 62,882 6% off 59,738
Gt
Night
33 gallon
level 2
12" with 9 speakers
what color? we ordered very similar builds from same place!

blue_by_you

Reaction score
make sure to lock in the National Retail Consumer Cash incentive ($1000) if eligible.

Users who are viewing this thread