5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's their model of volume sales + flat commission to their sales staff. They split sales evenly and they have a no haggle policy. They also have a low doc fee (that was recently raised a bit) that is non-negotiable unlike with a lot of dealerships that try to smack an extra 1K on you. Here locally in Birmingham we probably have 6 Ram dealerships. Half of them did not respond to me when I asked about ordering. Two of them tried to tell me that Tread Lightly no longer offered 1% below invoice (maybe those dealerships just didn't honor it) and the one that would insulted my intelligence so many times that I'm still puzzled as to why exactly I tried to get them to take my money by even meeting me halfway between the 1% Tread Lightly discount and MD's 5% off.

I floated build requests to a few different dealerships over the country that have been mentioned on this forum. They all gave me really solid pricing but none of them matched MD and they were all much farther away. The best you can hope to do is get a quote from Mark Dodge and then float it to other dealerships. Realistically, even if you had to pay something outlandish like 2K to have the car shipped to you from Mark Dodge, you're still likely paying less. Every dollar matters to me.

Plus you have to look out for other dealers doing other shady things. Like adding in extra charges for vin etching or nitrogen filled tires etc for some overly expensive amount. Or my other favorite that I've seen multiple dealers doing, adding the destination fee back in despite it being on the window sticker. Double dipping that adds an extra $1695, add that into a $1000 doc fee and you're not getting such a good deal anymore. It was really refreshing that MD didn't pull any of that BS whatsoever, I would gladly buy from them again should they still be this good next time I'm buying.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Plus you have to look out for other dealers doing other shady things. Like adding in extra charges for vin etching or nitrogen filled tires etc for some overly expensive amount. Or my other favorite that I've seen multiple dealers doing, adding the destination fee back in despite it being on the window sticker. Double dipping that adds an extra $1695, add that into a $1000 doc fee and you're not getting such a good deal anymore. It was really refreshing that MD didn't pull any of that BS whatsoever, I would gladly buy from them again should they still be this good next time I'm buying.
Mark CDJR prices will be even better once the market returns to “normal”. Their sole purpose is to capture huge market share from Houston. That is the reason they operate the way they do. In this current market their discounts are not as strong as they were percentage wise. Yet even with the current less aggressive discounts they are still the best overall deal makers in the country.

When I was working a deal back in May, Aaron told me they were the #2 volume Ram dealer in the country the prior month. That is an unbelievable accomplishment considering they are a small town dealership two hours away from a major market.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark CDJR prices will be even better once the market returns to “normal”. Their sole purpose is to capture huge market share from Houston. That is the reason they operate the way they do. In this current market their discounts are not as strong as they were percentage wise. Yet even with the current less aggressive discounts they are still the best overall deal makers in the country.

When I was working a deal back in May, Aaron told me they were the #2 volume Ram dealer in the country the prior month. That is an unbelievable accomplishment considering they are a small town dealership two hours away from a major market.
Wow! That's really impressive. I'm under the impression they are typically a Top 5 volume dealer year in and year out. They are definitely working a successful marketing strategy.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dave Smith is the number one Ram dealer, located in Kellogg, ID... population 2400.

DesertRat

Reaction score
Newb here with a few questions

Is it possible to negotiate the price of a ordered truck?

What is the current order to delivery time on average or how is RAM doing on production

Can anyone recommend a dealer in AZ or neighboring UT, NM, or NV

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

What is the current order to delivery time on average or how is RAM doing on production

negotiate at every chance you get using NADA.com

some here are saying it is taking 16 weeks
but the 2022 production is just starting

someone from az can answer

Last edited:

brenan00

Reaction score

I was able after the order, find affiliate pricing invoice minus 1%. Went from 65k to 58k. Ask your dealer, they still make money. For $100 you join thread lightly and after 30 days your code is valid for 2 vehicles. Use search and you’ll find out more.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If You ordered through Mark dodge, the Preferred pricing Discounts Apply for 500 below what was quoted @ mark dodge
"If you have an AR Number, Company Code, or Membership. Used within 30 Days of delivery [Prior to], it is good for 500 dollars off Quoted Price"- Aaron @ Mark Dodge

Reaction score
Considering the logistics now, this may be very effective depending on the quote I get from MD. Two VERY affordable carriers fly out of McGhee-Tyson (Alcoa, TN) to Houston which I can likely get MD to pick me up from.

Users who are viewing this thread