5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
So I'm looking to order a 2022 Laramie from MD here in the near future. The MSRP I got from Sandi was $68,545 with their sale price being $60,026 + TTL minus any incentives at delivery. I plan to try and use the Treadlightly discount as well as the PenFed if I can but I was just wondering how this compares to anyone else that's ordered a 2022?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Overall is a Laramie much better than just the BigHorn model, really when it comes down to it. a truck is a truck, just one has more bells and whistles then the other really.
Honestly would you really need all the extra nonsense, or is it just a status symbol....

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Overall is a Laramie much better than just the BigHorn model, really when it comes down to it. a truck is a truck, just one has more bells and whistles then the other really.
Honestly would you really need all the extra nonsense, or is it just a status symbol....
What is the point of a post like this? 🤔

Mike7311

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the big horn, honestly I felt better getting the fully loaded bighorn because I think getting leather in a truck is a bad idea long term in my case. If I was just going to keep it for a few years, then I would have gone with the Laramie. I liked the Laramie, very upscale feel, but given that I was going to have kids in it and get dirty I felt the Laramie was a bad idea. I also found it very hard to find a Laramie with the loading I was looking for. My brothers Laramie's leather is already beat to hell by his kids and scratched from dirt etc. It just comes down to what you need and how you are going to use it. Finding the right package and price is key and I think I just got lucky on both. You will almost always get a better price on the Bighorn, but Laramie regardless of loading will be king of resale value.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the big horn, honestly I felt better getting the fully loaded bighorn because I think getting leather in a truck is a bad idea long term in my case. If I was just going to keep it for a few years, then I would have gone with the Laramie. I liked the Laramie, very upscale feel, but given that I was going to have kids in it and get dirty I felt the Laramie was a bad idea. I also found it very hard to find a Laramie with the loading I was looking for. My brothers Laramie's leather is already beat to hell by his kids and scratched from dirt etc. It just comes down to what you need and how you are going to use it. Finding the right package and price is key and I think I just got lucky on both. You will almost always get a better price on the Bighorn, but Laramie regardless of loading will be king of resale value.
My biggest beef with the Big Horn is the name. I wish they'd call it something different - maybe Pronghorn. Or even better, Big Prong. I'd drive a truck that said THAT on the tailgate.

edawg

Reaction score
Anyone in the Southeast US bought (not leased) a Longhorn Crew Cab in the last 30 days or so to give an idea of what little if any incentives were on it? Looking at one with the Labor Day event going on... Because I've lost my freakin' mind trying to buy a truck in this crazy COVID / supply chain drama / you name it and it will go wrong truck market??

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
So while I'm waiting to have my tires mounted on my new wheels (yes, modding before I even get home from Mark Dodge), I hauled the laptop out and ran my final purchase price numbers:

MSRP: $41,905
Mark Dodge Price: $37, 687 (10% discount)
Incentives at time of purchase: $3,500 (another 8%)
(combination of $1,000 coupon from requesting a brochure and $2,500 retail cash)
Final price (before TTTR): $34,187 (18% below MSRP)

I sold my '15 2500 Tradesman 4x4 RC/LB/5.7 for $27,500, so my out of pocket cost to get into the new truck was $6,687 before TTTR. I paid cash so financing was not a factor.

I think I done good!

es
I'm about to order through Mark Dodge. What's up with that $1000 coupon? Obviously I won't have mine until 20 weeks from now, so my incentives and retail cash will change accordingly right? Thanks

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a dealer further north should check out Motor Inn of Spirit Lake (Iowa) and ask for Spencer Haywood. I received 5% below FWP w Tread Lightly. Worked out to be $10k off a $79k Limited.

Probably not the easiest place to get to, but a painless procedure and he’s a good guy. Only 3 hours from me.
You might have just saved me. Just requested a quote from them. I'm in Omaha and much prefer this versus Mark Dodge 1000 miles away. Fully loaded Limited as well.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased from either Falls Motor City or Wally Armour Dodge, both in OH? They are 2 dealerships that come up within 100 mile radius of me that seem to advertise some of the best pricing that states is available to everyone,

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
You might have just saved me. Just requested a quote from them. I'm in Omaha and much prefer this versus Mark Dodge 1000 miles away. Fully loaded Limited as well.
He was really easy to work with ... hope you feel the same!

I'll be coming from Omaha as well ... I refuse to buy from Baxter anymore ... learned that lesson a few times.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score

If you don't have Tread Lightly yet, may want to do so as it takes 30 days to be able to order after joining.

davidv2135

Reaction score
People have said MD does I'm not sure about other dealers. It might be dealer specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread