5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Get Tread Lightly then call Spencer Heywood at Motor Inn of Spirit Lake in Northwest Iowa and he will likely give you 5% below invoice.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Joining TreadLightly for $100 annual membership will get you the FCA affiliate discount as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 1 % that isn't worth much these days, 1 % off and double the price for shipping.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Dave Smith out of Idaho is supposedly the largest RAM dealer in the country. People fly in to pick them up because as the salesman told me they did NOT change how they sell trucks during Covid or now. He said to be honest they might not give you as much on a used trade in now as maybe some other dealers depending upon where you were but it was still way up from the past depending upon the vehicle. He said we show you invoice and because of their volume they get a lot back from RAM based upon sales goals targets for FCA/Stellantis. They were the only ones I found that were selling new trucks below MSRP around here in the NW. No games.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dave Smith out of Idaho is supposedly the largest RAM dealer in the country. People fly in to pick them up because as the salesman told me they did NOT change how they sell trucks during Covid or now. He said to be honest they might not give you as much on a used trade in now as maybe some other dealers depending upon where you were but it was still way up from the past depending upon the vehicle. He said we show you invoice and because of their volume they get a lot back from RAM based upon sales goals targets for FCA/Stellantis. They were the only ones I found that were selling new trucks below MSRP around here in the NW. No games.
When I was shopping for a truck I first went to Findlay in Post Falls because they are much closer to me. After I got a quote from Findlay, I called Dave Smith. The salesman at Dave Smith told me I got a great deal with Findlay and he could match it but not beat it. He suggested I just buy my truck with Findlay and save myself the 45 minute drive to Kellogg. I was kind of surprised by that because of their reputation and the fact that they are the biggest Ram dealer in the world.

Tika

Reaction score
i tried them a few months ago and tbh i could get almost same deal locally.......peterson, dillon were same......maybe it changes though depending

i was actually kinda shocked....it was like $500 cheaper but by the time i travel it wasnt much different......mark dodge has the truck its just a long ways to go for me....still pondering a long *** drive back home

Chavez98

Reaction score
Looking to order a 22 Ram 1500 limited through Mark Dodge. They are offering a decent price on the new truck however offering $10k less than it's trade value for my 19 Longhorn 😕
Do you mind sharing your MSRP and Mark Dodge offer?

Redfour5

Reaction score
i tried them a few months ago and tbh i could get almost same deal locally.......peterson, dillon were same......maybe it changes though depending

i was actually kinda shocked....it was like $500 cheaper but by the time i travel it wasnt much different......mark dodge has the truck its just a long ways to go for me....still pondering a long *** drive back home
I'm fortunate to live only about 3.5 to 4 hours away. I think all dealers in the "area" of the country are kind of force to be lower because of them.

Mexd781

Reaction score
I ended up going with Lakeland Dodge in FL since it is fairly close. I ordered a 22 BH and am at 7% below invoice before incentives and rebates. I am hoping with the incentives in Dec/Jan and my Pen Fed, I should be around $43K on my MSRP of $52K (around 17-18%)

MSRP: $52,520
W/ Dealer Discount: $46,907
Waiting on Price with Incentives

Ls15

Reaction score
I ended up going with Lakeland Dodge in FL since it is fairly close. I ordered a 22 BH and am at 7% below invoice before incentives and rebates. I am hoping with the incentives in Dec/Jan and my Pen Fed, I should be around $43K on my MSRP of $52K (around 17-18%)

MSRP: $52,520
W/ Dealer Discount: $46,907
Waiting on Price with Incentives
Who is your contact over there?

Mexd781

Reaction score
Who is your contact over there?

Mike Peralta. I had seen his name on this board and he was super easy to work with. I’d recommend him.

davidv2135

Reaction score
So I'm looking to order a 2022 Laramie from MD here in the near future. The MSRP I got from Sandi was $68,545 with their sale price being $60,026 + TTL minus any incentives at delivery. I plan to try and use the Treadlightly discount as well as the PenFed if I can but I was just wondering how this compares to anyone else that's ordered a 2022?

Hasti17

Reaction score
So I'm looking to order a 2022 Laramie from MD here in the near future. The MSRP I got from Sandi was $68,545 with their sale price being $60,026 + TTL minus any incentives at delivery. I plan to try and use the Treadlightly discount as well as the PenFed if I can but I was just wondering how this compares to anyone else that's ordered a 2022?

Pretty much right on with mine, 63/55

firedfly

Reaction score
I plan to try and use the Treadlightly discount as well as the PenFed if I can
Treadlightly gets you 1% under invoice. Since the MD pricing is already less than that, I didn't think treadlightly would do anything for you. Am I missing something?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Treadlightly gets you 1% under invoice. Since the MD pricing is already less than that, I didn't think treadlightly would do anything for you. Am I missing something?

Yes, it will get you another 1%

brenan00

Reaction score
In that case, I guess I need to sign up after all! Thanks!
I’d ask Sandi. I’m not sure, like you said you are already under invoice minus 1%. If it gets you another 600 for 100 net 500, fantastic. If it doesn’t you save a 100. I used tread lightly as MD was not a real option for us. It was a huge find for us. Later.

firedfly

Reaction score
I’d ask Sandi. I’m not sure, like you said you are already under invoice minus 1%. If it gets you another 600 for 100 net 500, fantastic. If it doesn’t you save a 100. I used tread lightly as MD was not a real option for us. It was a huge find for us. Later.
It's too late for me now. I already paid for my membership. I did see another post where MD gave someone a $500 discount ($400 net) for being a treadlightly member.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use Tread Lightly or Affiliate/Supplier to get the 1%, just can’t stack them both

Users who are viewing this thread