5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

sonybony40

Reaction score
After owning two F-150's the past 10 years I jumped and picked up a 1500 Laramie that was on my local dealers lot. $62040 MSRP, got it for $57040 plus 1k cash rebate. Had everything I was looking for, Sport package, Level B equipment package, etorque v8, 12 inch display, anti spin axle, 33 gallon tank, trailer brake. It's hard for me to ever feel good about buying a car, always have a feeling there was a better deal to be had, but I got everything I wanted and I think an okay discount given the times. Love the truck.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No discounts are pretty Par for the course in most areas, the cheapest route currently is to Order a truck through mark dodge, but based on your sentiment you are ready to buy an in stock unit now. If so, the dealer fee normal and MSRP is typical. There are a couple of memberships that would get you preffered pricing and on a 64k msrp would get you right around 59-60k.
Ordering may just be the thing of the future... This reprint from a July article from somewhere (great reference skills, I know):
"In a shift in the way it sells vehicles, Ford plans to do a bigger portion of its sales by having buyers order from the factory and wait, rather than pick from the selection available at the dealership.

Company executives say efforts to shift more of Ford’s auto retailing operations to a so-called build-to-order model, where people custom-order online and take delivery at the dealership, would help cut inventory costs for the company and its dealers. It would also help Ford to deliver more vehicles that customers specifically want, while weeding out the hard-to-sell models that end up collecting dust at dealerships and lead to profit-sapping discounts, they say..."

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Ordering may just be the thing of the future... This reprint from a July article from somewhere (great reference skills, I know):
"In a shift in the way it sells vehicles, Ford plans to do a bigger portion of its sales by having buyers order from the factory and wait, rather than pick from the selection available at the dealership.

Company executives say efforts to shift more of Ford’s auto retailing operations to a so-called build-to-order model, where people custom-order online and take delivery at the dealership, would help cut inventory costs for the company and its dealers. It would also help Ford to deliver more vehicles that customers specifically want, while weeding out the hard-to-sell models that end up collecting dust at dealerships and lead to profit-sapping discounts, they say..."
Ordering a car or truck was considered to be completely normal 50+ years ago. It would certainly allow the manufacturers to theoretically cut incentives thus boosting profits. But the problem with this is the fact that consumers have been trained by the dealership model of high inventory to expect instant gratification AND incentives. Every manufacturer has to change to an order based system because if any one make has inventory ready for immediate delivery and the competition does not… Guess who has the upper hand.

dsbull

Reaction score
Ordering a car or truck was considered to be completely normal 50+ years ago. It would certainly allow the manufacturers to theoretically cut incentives thus boosting profits. But the problem with this is the fact that consumers have been trained by the dealership model of high inventory to expect instant gratification AND incentives. Every manufacturer has to change to an order based system because if any one make has inventory ready for immediate delivery and the competition does not… Guess who has the upper hand.

Tbh I kinda like Tesla’s model for instance.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how much Tesla's sales model makes them all raise an eyebrow. The profit in a Tesla vehicle and the sales model they use is vastly superior from a profit standpoint. It makes more sense to me to have Vehicle Service Centers with Demo Models to test drive than it does to have Dealerships with Service Centers built into them like service is an afterthought.

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Looking to order a 22 Ram 1500 limited through Mark Dodge. They are offering a decent price on the new truck however offering $10k less than it's trade value for my 19 Longhorn 😕

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to order a 22 Ram 1500 limited through Mark Dodge. They are offering a decent price on the new truck however offering $10k less than it's trade value for my 19 Longhorn 😕
I would suspect that by the time you get your 2022, the amount they’re offering will be the real value. Used car prices are falling, and I’m sure they don’t want to be stuck paying $10k more for a truck than they’ll be able to sell it for.

4th RAM

Reaction score
Mark Dodge seems to have lower prices on the stuff on the lot, so I would not expect to get top dollar from them on a trade.
I'm planning to sell my trade here, and travel to MD to purchase my 2022.

pinkerton

Reaction score
I hope this question doesn’t get me in too much trouble - but does anyone know of a Chevy dealer giving discounts like Mark Dodge? My wife wants a Tahoe.

Ram21

Reaction score
Have you tried Autonation or Vroom? I got offered 58,500 from Autonation for my 21 Limited last week when I was curious about getting a TRX. Doubt I'd of got that offer on trading it in.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a dealer further north should check out Motor Inn of Spirit Lake (Iowa) and ask for Spencer Haywood. I received 5% below FWP w Tread Lightly. Worked out to be $10k off a $79k Limited.

Probably not the easiest place to get to, but a painless procedure and he’s a good guy. Only 3 hours from me.

Nova90

Reaction score
Chapman Chevrolet of Horsham, Pa.
contact Tom @,...
[email protected] or text
215-410-2210

I live 20 min from Chapman. That location sells Ford, Jeep, Chrysler and Ram...no Chevrolet. Their Chevrolet location is in Philadelphia.

And yes, I bought from Mark Dodge. Chapman couldn't touch their pricing.

ny2az

Reaction score
I live 20 min from Chapman. That location sells Ford, Jeep, Chrysler and Ram...no Chevrolet. Their Chevrolet location is in Philadelphia.

l stand corrected ... thx for updating that Chapman Chevrolet is in Philadelphia ,...
on in stock units, yes, MD may be better than Chapman. there prices shine on ordered units from what l gathered...

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
l stand corrected ... thx for updating that Chapman Chevrolet is in Philadelphia ,...
on in stock units, yes, MD may be better than Chapman. there prices shine on ordered units from what l gathered...

Thanks for the heads up, I live in NY and will add them to my dealer list for next time to see if they can come close to MD. I know that @Nova90 ordered though also through MD so I'm assuming they aren't very close there either?

Nova90

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I live in NY and will add them to my dealer list for next time to see if they can come close to MD. I know that @Nova90 ordered though also through MD so I'm assuming they aren't very close there either?
Chapman is where I bought my 2017 Ram. When it came time to ordering a 2021, Chapman was able to get close to Mark Dodge pricing...but, wouldn't lock in incentives like the 0% financing at order time. I will continue to have my 2021 serviced at Chapman, they just couldn't win my purchase.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chapman is where I bought my 2017 Ram. When it came time to ordering a 2021, Chapman was able to get close to Mark Dodge pricing...but, wouldn't lock in incentives like the 0% financing at order time. I will continue to have my 2021 serviced at Chapman, they just couldn't win my purchase.

Good to know, thank you for the information.

pinkerton

Reaction score

Yeah - I just got a quote from Chapman Chevrolet in Philly - they're about $5k over MSRP!!!

Does anyone know of a Chevy dealer that has deals like Mark Dodge??

Users who are viewing this thread