5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Without edumacating myself with all 729 pages, does building a truck and then clicking on "available trucks in your area" then get you into the lottery for the coupon?
We never did that when we bought our 2019, just looked at available incentives and things like military, first responder and albino 3 legged heifer discounts.
I think it’s sent if you ask for a brochure online.

brenan00

Reaction score
Without edumacating myself with all 729 pages, does building a truck and then clicking on "available trucks in your area" then get you into the lottery for the coupon?
We never did that when we bought our 2019, just looked at available incentives and things like military, first responder and albino 3 legged heifer discounts.
At the bottom of the ram web page , request a brochure and any other place you can put an email address or mailing address. I also got one from the dealership for making them my default in the ram toolbox app and when I logged into the ram owner site, on the web page too. Good luck

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At the bottom of the ram web page , request a brochure and any other place you can put an email address or mailing address. I also got one from the dealership for making them my default in the ram toolbox app and when I logged into the ram owner site, on the web page too. Good luck
She just has to decide what she wants, Durango hemi or Laramie 1500... I just pay for it.
Probably will end up with a 22', she takes her t i m e.

Last edited by a moderator:

slatersan

Reaction score
Thinking back to this time last year when I got 19%+ off an in stock laramie when they had 20+ equipped similarly. Good times.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking back to this time last year when I got 19%+ off an in stock laramie when they had 20+ equipped similarly. Good times.
Yup. I got 21.6% off an in stock Laramie end of September and 1.99% for 60 from local credit union.

Ordered a Limited in spring but didn't take delivery after it came in a couple weeks ago after the dealer played games with the agreed price.

Kendal

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016

Kendal

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to purchase a 1500 ram…MSRP 64900………no discount on MSRP but a 31500 trade in value for a2015 Laramie eco diesel with 52000 miles …….any thoughts…..this is in Baltimore area at Criswell also charge 500 dollars some deale fee?

Hasti17

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to purchase a 1500 ram…MSRP 64900………no discount on MSRP but a 31500 trade in value for a2015 Laramie eco diesel with 52000 miles …….any thoughts…..this is in Baltimore area at Criswell also charge 500 dollars some deale fee?
No discounts are pretty Par for the course in most areas, the cheapest route currently is to Order a truck through mark dodge, but based on your sentiment you are ready to buy an in stock unit now. If so, the dealer fee normal and MSRP is typical. There are a couple of memberships that would get you preffered pricing and on a 64k msrp would get you right around 59-60k.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to purchase a 1500 ram
Look into a "Tread lightly" membership, it gets you the preffered pricing and it costs like $100 i believe. Would net you a few thousand off the truck in question, not sure if theres a required period before you can use it. Someone else here for certain knows.

dsbull

Reaction score
Look into a "Tread lightly" membership, it gets you the preffered pricing and it costs like $100 i believe. Would net you a few thousand off the truck in question, not sure if theres a required period before you can use it. Someone else here for certain knows.
yeah 2-3 weeks for delivery.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Bighorn
Aaron at Mark dodge was offering 11-12% off of MSRP before incentives on the build I wanted but I decided to wait until national incentives are a bit better.
Yeah I can't find much outside of national incentives under msrp, crazy how things change in a year.

dsbull

Reaction score
Sorry to ask maybe a redundant question but where does one join Tread Lightly and the minute I join I’m qualified for 1 % under MSRP at any dealer ?
https://treadlightly.org/

A few things to note:

• Your packet can take between 1–2 weeks to arrive in the mail
  • You must keep your membership letter to use the FCA discount
  • Like your membership letter, your membership number will also arrive in the mail in between 1–2 weeks
  • There is a 30 day waiting period to use your FCA discount—You must wait the 30 days. There are no exceptions

Hasti17

Reaction score
Sorry to ask maybe a redundant question but where does one join Tread Lightly and the minute I join I’m qualified for 1 % under MSRP at any dealer ?
Only applies to FCA stuff. But yea, any dealer. And its 1% lower than INVOICE not MSRP. For example, my laramie came in at 63505 MSRP, Invoice price is 58,585
so the discount is 1% below the invoice price so on my build it would be about a $5600 difference.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
What the above posts did not consider is the fact that the dealership does not have to honor the Tread Lightly affiliate discount. And I can assure you that in this market they won’t.

it’s not 1% under MSRP, it’s 1% under invoice.

Seriously, contact Mark CDJR and see if they have anything in stock or in transit that might fit your needs. Figure dealership discount of $6k off Laramie or $7k off Limited on in stock units. And they do have a few.

stembridge

Reaction score
So while I'm waiting to have my tires mounted on my new wheels (yes, modding before I even get home from Mark Dodge), I hauled the laptop out and ran my final purchase price numbers:

MSRP: $41,905
Mark Dodge Price: $37, 687 (10% discount)
Incentives at time of purchase: $3,500 (another 8%)
(combination of $1,000 coupon from requesting a brochure and $2,500 retail cash)
Final price (before TTTR): $34,187 (18% below MSRP)

I sold my '15 2500 Tradesman 4x4 RC/LB/5.7 for $27,500, so my out of pocket cost to get into the new truck was $6,687 before TTTR. I paid cash so financing was not a factor.

I think I done good!

es

rylock21

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2021 Bighorn that had been on the lot for a month and some change. Absolutely love this truck so far!

MSRP: $53,295
Sale price: $47,695 ( 10% off )

Rebates: $2,250

Final cost: $45,445

Pretty decent deal during this time as I know a lot of dealers aren’t budging on sale price and even some adding markups around me. This is in Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2021 Bighorn that had been on the lot for a month and some change. Absolutely love this truck so far!

MSRP: $53,295
Sale price: $47,695 ( 10% off )

Rebates: $2,250

Final cost: $45,445

Pretty decent deal during this time as I know a lot of dealers aren’t budging on sale price and even some adding markups around me. This is in Oregon.

Well done. I've heard that prices are settling out in some places and some of the crazy markup moves aren't as prevalent as they used to be. It can pay to be patient for sure!

Hasti17

Reaction score
Well done. I've heard that prices are settling out in some places and some of the crazy markup moves aren't as prevalent as they used to be. It can pay to be patient for sure!
Unless you were crazy enough to try and buy a ford... 🤣

rylock21

Reaction score

Sales manager was telling me the 2500s are the ones being marked up, at least in my area as they can’t keep them in stock longer than a few days while the 1500s tend to sit a bit longer.

Will be nice when we’re hopefully back to the days of insane rebates I remember when I bought my 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread