5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a 2500/3500 in the Houston area going for less than MSRP. I have four friends and a son who in the last two months have been looking at or have purchased 2500’s in the greater Houston area…all paid at or more than MSRP. Nuts considering back in 2018 they were discounting them up to $15K off.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 2500 limited from Steve Cellem at Mark Dodge for $3k off MSRP. That seems really high compared to what others are posting. Can anyone comment? Maybe I need to speak with Aaron?
You are getting $3k off an in stock ready for delivery Ram 2500 limited. That is a unit that will be very difficult to get back into stock. Every dealership in the nation would hit you at MSRP+ and likely have many BS Addendums to boot. As absolutely crazy as it is, this is a ‘Good Deal’…

I would recommend not buying in this market, but a need purchase is sometimes unavoidable.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 2500 limited from Steve Cellem at Mark Dodge for $3k off MSRP. That seems really high compared to what others are posting. Can anyone comment? Maybe I need to speak with Aaron?
Did you check nada guides? Whats the invoice on your build vs MSRP. My buddy wanted to place an order for an SRT Durango last week untill he figured out that Invoice and sticker were only about a grand apart so there was not a big savings in doing it.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
When I was pricing out 2500 the discounts were not as good as 1500
I had Sandi and MD price a 2500 Limited for me. It was below invoice. He needs to get a hold of Aaron or maybe email Sandi at [email protected] and tell her you found her contact info here.

Edit: that is if you are looking to order, not buy off the lot

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a 2500/3500 in the Houston area going for less than MSRP. I have four friends and a son who in the last two months have been looking at or have purchased 2500’s in the greater Houston area…all paid at or more than MSRP. Nuts considering back in 2018 they were discounting them up to $15K off.
My localish dealer who has a really good inventory of 1500's (129 listed) as well as 2500 (99 listed) 3500's (106 listed) is not discounting more than $700 off list. Even 2500 Tradesman's are MSRP. This is a departure from their normal pricing but simply reflects demand. They can get it so why not... I'd HATE to be a lot buyer at the present.
I did see another SE high volume RAM dealer who had $5K-6K "discounts" but they had jacked up the price over MSRP with crap dealer add-ons thus negating the "savings".

70runner

Reaction score
Shipping is about $1 per mile, and is generally far outweighed by the discounts available from dealers like Mark Dodge.

I‘m also in SoCal, and I ordered from Bud Clary in WA. The price was thousands less than all the local dealers, who laughed when I asked if they could match the price.

Another SOCAL Bud Clary buyer. Clary and Mark Dodge offers were within a few dollars of each other. I emailed the Clary offer (9K below MSRP, 13K below with incentives) to about 6 dealers around the N San Diego county area. Only 2 responded, both fleet managers who said there was NO WAY the offer was legit. One offered MSRP, the other countered with 1K discount from MSRP. Sure. Debated the shipping option, but decided to fly/drive. Got 28+mpg with the ecodiesel so only one gas stop needed at 846mi on odometer. Total trip cost $275 vs $1300 for carrier, plus a couple days to get familiar with the Rebel.

Now that Olson (Clary discount guy) is gone (retired), Aydin is still there but he's a sales guy. Freddy Goret is the guy I dealt with and he's a sales manager. Really nice fellow and a classic Moparhead like me. Don't know if they are continuing the discount pricing, but worth a shot.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone getting 15-20% off Bighorns anymore?
I got 9.04% off MSRP on July 31st using a $1000 Ram certificate, a $500 True Car certificate, a $1250 rebate and dealer discount as it was sitting on the list for several months. And that was a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn on the lot.

They still have the “twin” to my truck for sale and heavily discounted: https://www.northwestdodgehouston.c...ig-horn-4x4-crew-cab-pickup-1c6srffm8mn572414

(Keep in mind the dealer was non-negotiable on their $1995 bull crap add on for tinted windows, nitrogen, three free oil changes and a GPS tracking system so you need to add that to the final price on their website). I got mine in the exact same configuration for $54,025 out the door which included TTL with their BS package included.

You may do better ordering but trucks on the lot appear to be less negotiable - especially now versus a year or two ago.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're getting that much off of MRSP there's likely serious manufacturer rebates happening and I doubt we'll see that for 2022's.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Is anyone getting 15-20% off Bighorns anymore?
i know i ordered a laramie but currently based on all available coupons incentives ETC i am looking at 12.2% off MSRP through mark dodge, with Penfed, Brochure coupon and POSSIBLY conquest incentive(not including any additional incentive from stellantis) i am at approximately 17.3% lower than MSRP before throwing the extra cash from trading my old truck in. You could assume at some point demand will taper and they will start stacking discounts again as dealer turnover slows, but i highly doubt that will be any time soon.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
i know i ordered a laramie but currently based on all available coupons incentives ETC i am looking at 12.2% off MSRP through mark dodge, with Penfed, Brochure coupon and POSSIBLY conquest incentive(not including any additional incentive from stellantis) i am at approximately 17.3% lower than MSRP before throwing the extra cash from trading my old truck in. You could assume at some point demand will taper and they will start stacking discounts again as dealer turnover slows, but i highly doubt that will be any time soon.
That brochure coupon going to apply to 2022s? I know a lot of them specifically say 2021s.

Hasti17

Reaction score
That brochure coupon going to apply to 2022s? I know a lot of them specifically say 2021s.
We will certainly see, its a difference of like 1.8% so l not super consequential, but more than 15% can still happen given the right circumstances

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok but still - $3k off of $82k seems weak.

I’ll find and post my 2500 build
I had Sandi and MD price a 2500 Limited for me. It was below invoice. He needs to get a hold of Aaron or maybe email Sandi at [email protected] and tell her you found her contact info here.

Edit: that is if you are looking to order, not buy off the lot

Depends where he is located. There are other dealers out there giving the same discounts as Mark Dodge

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine expires at the end of the month, only for MY21.
Without edumacating myself with all 729 pages, does building a truck and then clicking on "available trucks in your area" then get you into the lottery for the coupon?
We never did that when we bought our 2019, just looked at available incentives and things like military, first responder and albino 3 legged heifer discounts.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I agree. After going back and looking at my 2500 build, the MSRP was $66,525 (invoice of $62,077) and the sale price to order was $57,732
The price he has is not an order. It’s on a current in stock unit. Apples and oranges…

Users who are viewing this thread