5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, a little over 200 from the dealership to the Airport. That would suck if it took a ding or serious damage on the ride over. But I guess that's the risk ya take.

I was thinking the same thing if I drive it back from LA. It's gonna happen sometime, but sure don't want it to happen before you've sat in it!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I picked up my truck, I flew into Lake Charles. It was $200 or so cheaper to fly into Houston (IAH), but it saved me three hours driving, and Mark Dodge six hours. They saved me thousands on the truck, so I figured $200 to make things more convenient for them and me was reasonable.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I picked up my truck, I flew into Lake Charles. It was $200 or so cheaper to fly into Houston (IAH), but it saved me three hours driving, and Mark Dodge six hours. They saved me thousands on the truck, so I figured $200 to make things more convenient for them and me was reasonable.
That's a good point. Plus I miss out on the opportunity to bring them all donuts 😉

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Do you care to share how much delivery was and how far you are from Mark dodge? I’m debating on flying down vs delivery ~$(1000)
Where do you live? I haven't asked about shipping quotes yet, but right now I'm planning to fly. Even last second, it looks like I could grab a flight for under $500 and it's a tank of gas back (I live in Birmingham).
If you have the time, flying and driving is the most economical and fastest way to get your truck. Mark Dodge can't give you an exact shipping price or date until a transporter accepts the order through Central Dispatch. I waited 3 weeks before a transport company was willing to bring my truck to the Los Angeles area. Aaron said it would be around $1200, but I ended up having to go up to $1400 before someone was willing to take the order, and that was with another truck getting transported for the same price. Aaron said he ships a lot to the east coast and has a reliable and reasonable company that goes that way a lot. I thought about flying and driving, but didn't have the time to do a 25 hour road trip back.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
If you have the time, flying and driving is the most economical and fastest way to get your truck. Mark Dodge can't give you an exact shipping price or date until a transporter accepts the order through Central Dispatch. I waited 3 weeks before a transport company was willing to bring my truck to the Los Angeles area. Aaron said it would be around $1200, but I ended up having to go up to $1400 before someone was willing to take the order, and that was with another truck getting transported for the same price. Aaron said he ships a lot to the east coast and has a reliable and reasonable company that goes that way a lot. I thought about flying and driving, but didn't have the time to do a 25 hour road trip back.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldphilly

Reaction score
I bought my new 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Sport 4x4 3.6l V6 with the Level 2 package and 9 speaker upgraded audio package back in November of 2019 in Gastonia, NC. The MSRP for my truck was $49,970 and I ended up getting it for $37,950 out the door. There were some incentives for the Big Horn package, employee pricing promotion, owner of competitors truck rebate, FCA financing rebate, as well as automotive supplier discount.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Today I called one of the Ram dealers in the forums "Volume Dealers" list. I was told that the Ram Limited on the dealers lot is availble but is listed at $2500 more than MSRP. All due to the trucking "Chip" issue. I asked if I could order a new 2022 instead. I was told the pricing would be even more? I have not talked to Aaron at Mark Dodge, maybe I should. My search for the last few dates have been tough!
I was at my dealer with a friend today and they will not discount off MSRP for anything in stock or currently on order . But he quoted my friend dealer invoice less any applicable incentives available on arrival date if he orders a 2022

sflindsey

Reaction score
I flew into Lake Charles also. I did this basically just to meet Aaron. He did not disappoint. He is as genuine in person as he is by email and phone. His excitement on selling vehicles is amazing. He really wants to deliver each and every customer a great deal!

AevJk1day

Reaction score
I flew into Lake Charles also. I did this basically just to meet Aaron. He did not disappoint. He is as genuine in person as he is by email and phone. His excitement on selling vehicles is amazing. He really wants to deliver each and every customer a great deal!

When you drove your new truck home, we’re you concerned with the break-in? RamChat told me to vary the speed and not travel at highway speeds until after 300mi and only after that should I heavy throttle. It’s a 12 hour drive from Lake Charles to KY if I recall, lol. I’m planning on going slow as recommended but gosh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
My BH Night Edition was just over $52k. The dealer took my Chevy lease in on trade ($2k over book), which washed that, took a $4k off the truck, added the incentives and I walked paying about the same per month. Probably not a crazy great deal, but there is nothing on the lots around me (at least nothing I was interested in). Night Editions are few and far between right now in my area and there's probably 5 dealers within 20 miles of my house. Besides, I never go into a car dealer expecting to "beat" the dealership. Just want what I feel is a fair deal for what I'm spending.

Users who are viewing this thread