5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NJT3

Reaction score
Check around with dealers this morning some maybe will honor FCA control number pricing for the memorial weekend sale.. Already have one said will... Also check if they are offering coupons and how much...I had a dealer near Pittsburgh tell me they were planning on throwing $1000 in coupons at people this weekend.

Also also wik... This rain in the north east might help with slow sales traffic....

Also been watching 'the howwork guy" on YouTube videos...2 best are the 11 fees not to pay when you get to finance... Man killer on the doc fee..... Second one is the one on how to find used car pricing... Genius... Put the VIN of the used car into kbb,edmunds, carmax, carvana as of you want to sell it and watch what dealers are willing to pay for it... Then mark that up for detailing ect and that the price to offer

Updating... Now 2 NJ dealerships confirming honoring FCA control number pricing this weekend.

Last edited:

krl603

Reaction score
Long time reader of this forum, first time buyer of a Ram. I appreciate all the help and advise that everyone posts here. Took me 4-6 weeks and a few dealerships to finally get my truck. Just got a 1500 Bighorn night edition for 14.1% under MSRP. Walked away 2 times from the dealership and waited until they wanted to move a car this weekend. Lucked out it was my hometown dealership that wanted my business. I agree that the rain helped with deals. Now I am working on picking out a tonneau cover and running boards. Good luck to others who are looking to buy a truck this weekend.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Long time reader of this forum, first time buyer of a Ram. I appreciate all the help and advise that everyone posts here. Took me 4-6 weeks and a few dealerships to finally get my truck. Just got a 1500 Bighorn night edition for 14.1% under MSRP. Walked away 2 times from the dealership and waited until they wanted to move a car this weekend. Lucked out it was my hometown dealership that wanted my business. I agree that the rain helped with deals. Now I am working on picking out a tonneau cover and running boards. Good luck to others who are looking to buy a truck this weekend.
Congratulations! Keep us posted on what you purchase and what factored in for the cover and boards.

NJT3

Reaction score
To update went to 2 dealers yesterday here in NJ one had Laramie with equipment a onsite one had equipment b in transit... Both sport package pano etorgue. Both said will honor FCA control. About 400 diff in msrp. Went to the dealer with vehicle on lot they gave fca price... Tried to get hold back and manager said you can't get hold back since start of covid which we all is a lie and I called him out on it cause I had factory order; November and got it.(didn't take bad bedliner spray)..So tried to get running boards and trailer brake control added but they would only give me at cost not including install. I mentioned the other dealer he said they wouldn't do either and also said couldn't give me pricing on them until parts manager in Monday...
Off to the in-transit dealer... Gave me fca control pricing and worked out deal with split the at cost for trailer brake control, running boards, and install (at cost parts)and put $500 deposit on it..
So looks like I'm finally getting a Ram next 2 weeks once it comes into the dealership... I'll post the final numbers once I get out of the finance office lol.
Maybe June incentives get better than just the 500nat 500 capfinance on the laramie or a coupon pops up before I take delivery

Remember check out the homework guy on YouTube some good stuff..

krl603

Reaction score
Congratulations! Keep us posted on what you purchase and what factored in for the cover and boards.
Got a 2021 Bighorn night edition in white. Has nav / upgraded speakers and trailer brake on it. Chose the Tyger SS2D35128 side steps. Still looking into covers. Been raining so will upload a picture when the weather clears up

GFK51

Reaction score
Yeah Koons will not only mark up the price of the vehicle but will also double charge you a destination fee, then you have the house of horrors, the finance department. Really don't know how the finance personnel can look themselves in the mirror. Run, do no walk away from Koons Ram.

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Yeah Koons will not only mark up the price of the vehicle but will also double charge you a destination fee, then you have the house of horrors, the finance department. Really don't know how the finance personnel can look themselves in the mirror. Run, do no walk away from Koons Ram.

I told the sales manager, Oscar, that I was going to pass on a vehicle marked up over MSRP. It's a shame really, because I usually buy the mfr extended warranty and other doo-dads that are pure profit for them. Whatever works for them I guess, but when dealers do that, I refuse to ever darken their doorstep in the future.

Jako

Reaction score
I told the sales manager, Oscar, that I was going to pass on a vehicle marked up over MSRP. It's a shame really, because I usually buy the mfr extended warranty and other doo-dads that are pure profit for them. Whatever works for them I guess, but when dealers do that, I refuse to ever darken their doorstep in the future.
I understand how you feel and are in a similar disposition. But on the flip side both my sales man and manager where gone with covid (not sure if either are back).

I'm happy to have started my search in Aug. 2019 and made my purchase in Nov. 2019 when Ram was working hard on market share. The purchase process can be daunting.

The Critic

Reaction score
I did look at them online and considered. They are a much larger dealership -- my sense now is that I may have been able to get a month faster delivery. But I didn't know it then. They are about 2 hours from my home.

I ended up ordering from my local RAM dealer. I feel lucky that my salesman has been very proactive and responsive. He's a more established person who deals with internet sales. So he seems generally calmer and more stable. And no false drama about needing to meet with the big boss and buying today's special and such. Nothing against the younger sales types -- everybody has to start somewhere (my first adult job was selling stereos and cameras). The two "youngsters" I met at other nearby dealerships had both definitely studied the product and had a ton of positive energy. I probably would have been satisfied with their efforts. But I'm happy with who I ended up with. Hoping that the after sale service is good. I expect Hoblit has a huge amount of experience with servicing so hopefully they will be competent for you if anything weird arises.
I have been using Walnut Creek CJDR with excellent results to date. Their foreman removed the dash to perform the A/C "update" and the work was very good, even from a technician's point of view. Hoblit is about 1.25 hr from me.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
New incentives are out and it’s hard to fathom how bad they are. 0% for 48 across all trim levels with no bonus cash. No cash rebates at all except for $1250 stand alone, not combinable with 0%, on BigHorn/LoneStar.

At this point if you do not absolutely, positively, need a new truck immediately..

Do not buy... Not just Ram trucks, any new or used vehicle.

People are buying in this crazy market and it’s going to be BAD when the bubble finally does burst. The negative equity most buyers are going to be saddled with will absolutely destroy people.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Back in December of 19 when I purchased from Koons, they were the "go to" dealer. The people on the hellcat and charger forums loved them. And they had both the best selection and deals on new rams. It was a bit of a process, they kept me at the dealer much longer than I wanted to be, but I walked away with a deal I was happy with. Looking at their site now, you would not think it was the same dealer.

Oilslick

Reaction score
My Bighorn that I ordered in March finally arrived today. I looked at this month's incentives and almost fell over in disbelief. Basically nothing really good. I'm so glad that my price was locked in for March's incentives because there is no way that I'd purchase a Ram with these lousy incentives for this month.
:cry:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Bighorn that I ordered in March finally arrived today. I looked at this month's incentives and almost fell over in disbelief. Basically nothing really good. I'm so glad that my price was locked in for March's incentives because there is no way that I'd purchase a Ram with these lousy incentives for this month.
I think within a month or two they have to improve. The people willing to buy at the stupid high prices will have already bought on May or June. Inventories will start to catch up just because noone will be buying.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I think within a month or two they have to improve. The people willing to buy at the stupid high prices will have already bought on May or June. Inventories will start to catch up just because noone will be buying.
I really feel for the Sales folks - this should be their busy time of year and things have just dried up

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really feel for the Sales folks - this should be their busy time of year and things have just dried up
This wasn't my experience last week when I bought - deals were not great but they were still negotiating at my dealer (I got around 5k in rebates in addition to dealer discount) and the sales floor was as busy as I've seen it in the past. The sales manager said they have low inventory but profits are up and they are not hurting.

Oilslick

Reaction score
Don't expect any extra email promos from signing up on Ram's website either. I've received them in the past but got zip, zero, zilch lately.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just emailed Koons about a truck onsite, markup is 3750 over MSRP. Went back and forth in emails with the sales manager about the "WOW Price" and his only comment is "well, that's how it is nationwide now"
Thats dealer bs as I had posted on earlier. At least 2 of the 3 dealers that I checked were still discounting, the last one was at msrp.

My closest (small) dealer has five 1500 21' RAMS, 4 BH and this Laramie. He lists the discounted price then also lists a dozen other possible discounts (in red) but it is clearly available for just the discounted price.

New 2021RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 144.5 in. WB

Stock: Y0269
VIN: 1C6SRFJT2MN642570
Details
MSRP
$59,100
Discount
$2,294
Cox Price
$56,806

Last edited by a moderator:

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Thats dealer bs as I had posted on earlier. At least 2 of the 3 dealers that I checked were still discounting, the last one was at msrp.

My closest (small) dealer has five 1500 21' RAMS, 4 BH and this Laramie. He lists the discounted price then also lists a dozen other possible discounts (in red) but it is clearly available for just the discounted price.

New 2021RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 144.5 in. WB

Stock: Y0269
VIN: 1C6SRFJT2MN642570
Details
MSRP
$59,100
Discount
$2,294
Cox Price
$56,806
Yeah, wound up picking up a Limited on monday, dealer had ~6k in incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/