5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been lurking on this site for a really long time, the used vehicle pricing lately has made affording a new Ram a real possibility for me, but I would need a deal like something you show here. How are you getting the truck from LA to NJ? I'm in Upstate NY and am not finding much luck with local dealers so may need to branch out my options!

I'm from upstate NY as well (Binghamton area, and you?) and always bought lightly used, but due to how crazy the used market is I also ended up ordering with Aaron. My original plan was to drive down to pick it up and capitalize on sales tax trade in credit. However, since placing my order my trade value went up about $3,000 and $4,500 from carvana/autonation. This is more than enough to cover the difference in taxes, and at least some if not all of the delivery to have it brought up from LA. Truly never thought I would have this style of transaction, but current conditions are dictating my plans.

nrvna76

Reaction score
I'm from upstate NY as well (Binghamton area, and you?) and always bought lightly used, but due to how crazy the used market is I also ended up ordering with Aaron. My original plan was to drive down to pick it up and capitalize on sales tax trade in credit. However, since placing my order my trade value went up about $3,000 and $4,500 from carvana/autonation. This is more than enough to cover the difference in taxes, and at least some if not all of the delivery to have it brought up from LA. Truly never thought I would have this style of transaction, but current conditions are dictating my plans.
Saratoga area here. I’m with you on never thinking I’d consider buying a car this way. I honestly didn’t think I’d move from the Tacoma I have until I stumbled on the market increases. Still wavering on what trim level I’m looking for, originally heading for Laramie based on some crazy deals I’ve seen but might have to lower my sights a bit to a big horn to be a bit more realistic. Lol

Kentuckyguy

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the forum and have been lurking and trying to learn. I am in the market for a new Ram 1500 Laramie or possibly a Limited and would like your advice for how much I should be able to negotiate below sticker price. My local dealer has a Lamarie Sport with MSRP just below $57,000.00. I like the truck, but it is the minimum in options that I would want to have and I have a friend that works at the dealership and he tells me they are not discounting from MSRP very much now because of the supply shortage. I have a 2007 F150 Lariat I bought new that has 254k miles on it, still looks close to new for trade. I can sell my trade here local really fast no problem, I do not have to trade to get the new truck.

I see some have posted about a dealer in Lake Charles, LA with good deals. I live in Kentucky but I have a work trip planned for week after next and will be driving a rental car right through there and could drive the truck back home. Please let me know your best advice, I have financing secured already for 1.9% or I can also take teh 0% from Chrysler if that works out best.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I see some have posted about a dealer in Lake Charles, LA with good deals. I live in Kentucky but I have a work trip planned for week after next and will be driving a rental car right through there and could drive the truck back home. Please let me know your best advice, I have financing secured already for 1.9% or I can also take teh 0% from Chrysler if that works out best.

These two gentlemen are offering members of this forum great pricing, probably the best deals in the country.

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

mophead

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the forum and have been lurking and trying to learn. I am in the market for a new Ram 1500 Laramie or possibly a Limited and would like your advice for how much I should be able to negotiate below sticker price. My local dealer has a Lamarie Sport with MSRP just below $57,000.00. I like the truck, but it is the minimum in options that I would want to have and I have a friend that works at the dealership and he tells me they are not discounting from MSRP very much now because of the supply shortage. I have a 2007 F150 Lariat I bought new that has 254k miles on it, still looks close to new for trade. I can sell my trade here local really fast no problem, I do not have to trade to get the new truck.

I'd recommend looking online and possibly reaching out to Aaron with any questions prior to making your trip so you save time.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

Aaron has a few Laramie 4x4s on the ground in Lake Charles. This one caught my eye at $11k off MSRP.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot. Are they relatively true to color? Another member posted some and yours look considerably lighter than his. He says his were fairly true to color, so I'm a bit confused. I won't have the chance to see this interior in person unless I want to go 1:15 min each way to the closest dealer that has one (which I wouldn't buy from).

Heavily leaning Limited. Waiting to see for sure what one dealer comes back with on discounts for a Laramie locate (Dealer 1). Then I need to decide which dealer to order from. Dealer 1 is 30 miles away and is about $300 more expensive in-total than Dealer 2. Dealer 2 is an hour away, give or take. The salesman for Dealer 2 has been much better and more informed, better response times, etc. But Dealer 2 required a $2000 deposit (Dealer 1 is $500), not sure I like that.

It's a little bieger than the pic 20210426_184858.jpg

This is a better closer representation

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saratoga area here. I’m with you on never thinking I’d consider buying a car this way. I honestly didn’t think I’d move from the Tacoma I have until I stumbled on the market increases. Still wavering on what trim level I’m looking for, originally heading for Laramie based on some crazy deals I’ve seen but might have to lower my sights a bit to a big horn to be a bit more realistic. Lol

Oh nice, I like Saratoga, been through there quite a few times. And yeah, crazy times, never thought the used market would be within a few grand of a new order, but that was the case when I was looking. Actually some used trucks I saw were more expensive than my order ended up being. Now I'm just hoping my truck actually gets built some time soon, in terms of that it would seem to be better to opt for a lower trim level with less options. Watching the order tracking thread on here, it certainly seems like the lower trim levels are coming out quicker than the Laramie and up trims.

We do a lot of travelling as a family and wanted to retain having some of the luxuries, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me.

nrvna76

Reaction score
Oh nice, I like Saratoga, been through there quite a few times. And yeah, crazy times, never thought the used market would be within a few grand of a new order, but that was the case when I was looking. Actually some used trucks I saw were more expensive than my order ended up being. Now I'm just hoping my truck actually gets built some time soon, in terms of that it would seem to be better to opt for a lower trim level with less options. Watching the order tracking thread on here, it certainly seems like the lower trim levels are coming out quicker than the Laramie and up trims.

We do a lot of travelling as a family and wanted to retain having some of the luxuries, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me.

At the moment, I’m like a kid in a candy store that cant make up his mind. I originally wanted the ram box and MFT, but after reading a lot on here the ram boxes have alignment issues and are one of the only reasons I needed to build rather than buy off the lot, I also was looking for the trailer backup assist but Aaron tells me that is currently not available on any trim levels, so I’m wondering if ordering is the best way to go when I don’t know when the used prices will go back to normal. Also getting some numbers on Sierra’s but I can’t find a forum as helpful as this one to find out what a reasonable discount is on that truck, there is a GMC dealer 4 minutes from my house if I have any issues, Ram dealers are about 40 min away. I simultaneously love and hate the vehicle buying process. lol

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been lurking on this site for a really long time, the used vehicle pricing lately has made affording a new Ram a real possibility for me, but I would need a deal like something you show here. How are you getting the truck from LA to NJ? I'm in Upstate NY and am not finding much luck with local dealers so may need to branch out my options!

this dealer is closer to NY and has the same pricing as Aaron in LA

Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR in Buford, GA will get you 5-7% below invoice plus rebates

770-713-5364
[email protected]

wright0315

Reaction score
Can anyone assist in how to provide information to my dealer that I am able to lock in the 0% interest? They keep telling me I can't but on the forums here, I keep getting redirected to SilentBobs post saying you can. Is there a way to get proof from the manufacturer for them that I can lock in the 0% before it is set to expire (just incase it is not extended). I already ordered my truck on 04/08, put a deposit down and it is currently in D1 status. My dealer is telling me I cannot finance until it is in KZS status (which he said is pretty much shipping status)?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone assist in how to provide information to my dealer that I am able to lock in the 0% interest? They keep telling me I can't but on the forums here, I keep getting redirected to SilentBobs post saying you can. Is there a way to get proof from the manufacturer for them that I can lock in the 0% before it is set to expire (just incase it is not extended). I already ordered my truck on 04/08, put a deposit down and it is currently in D1 status. My dealer is telling me I cannot finance until it is in KZS status (which he said is pretty much shipping status)?

This thread by SilentBob is your resource - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/lock-in-incentives-rebates-on-factory-orders.29443/

I signed the form BEFORE they placed my order as I believe that's how it has to be done. once the order is placed, you're going to have to see what is in place the month your truck arrives. If 0% is worth it to you and you only put $1000 down, you could choose to forfeit your order and place in the build-line in order to secure 0%.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

You lock in the special financing offer. You do not actually do any financing until the truck arrives. Explain this to your dealer and print, or send a pdf of, the information in the below post. You would be surprised at how much some dealers do not know.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You lock in the special financing offer. You do not actually do any financing until the truck arrives. Explain this to your dealer and print, or send a pdf of, the information in the below post. You would be surprised at how much some dealers do not know.

Yup. One I'm working with had no idea. I haven't told them the details yet. Their communication has been poor. Another dealer I'm working with knows about it and uses it, but is saying only financing OR rebates can be locked in, not both.

wright0315

Reaction score

Can I still do it even if the order has been placed? Or does it need to be done at the time of the order?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Can I still do it even if the order has been placed? Or does it need to be done at the time of the order?
I think it must be done before order is placed but maybe only before current offer expires. Call the 800 number for FCA Incentives listed in my post below.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Rebel had an MSRP of 74k . The dealer had a couple Rebels that were identical to each other . I waited until November when they were getting the 2020’s in . They had the price reduced to 54k and I talked them down to 51k plus tax . This is Canadian prices .

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it must be done before order is placed but maybe only before current offer expires. Call the 800 number for FCA Incentives listed in my post below.

I definitely know it's possible as I switched over to 0% after signing all my paperwork and submitting my order. I'm not sure what constraints are on that, but when I asked after the fact, Aaron made it happen no problem and got me the new paperwork to sign and return.

Users who are viewing this thread