5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
So I had been looking locally (Georgia) for a Ram 1500 Limited with the Limited 1 Package and the Technology Group. The MSRP for those options are somewhere around 72k but all the dealerships around here say the sales price is around 68k. I know there is room for negotiation, but in other parks of the country I see trucks with the same options for around 58k after a dealer discount. I actually bought a Night Edition from Mark Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Louisiana for just over 59k but after we completed all the paperwork and I was going to fly and pick it up but they told me that there had been a problem with paint during transport.

My question is how are some dealerships offering an additional 10k off other than normal rebates and how much additional do you think I could get off that?
I talked with Aaron about this some when I picked mine up from him last week. One thing he mentioned is keeping inventory moving allows him to get more inventory in. He sees the value in turning the inventory and making more customers happy, which in turn, is great for the Ram brand. I traveled from North Carolina for mine and have no regrets. I highly recommend working with him on your Ram.

JWhigham

Reaction score
I talked with Aaron about this some when I picked mine up from him last week. One thing he mentioned is keeping inventory moving allows him to get more inventory in. He sees the value in turning the inventory and making more customers happy, which in turn, is great for the Ram brand. I traveled from North Carolina for mine and have no regrets. I highly recommend working with him on your Ram.
It’s hard to argue that a list price of almost 19% off MSRP is a very good deal. Did you do any additional negotiating?

Reaction score
It’s hard to argue that list price is almost 19% off MSRP is a very good deal. Did you do any additional negotiating?
No, but I did add the $1,000 Ram private coupon after following the steps from Silent Bob's post. Also worked with Aaron on my trade in to help save on some taxes instead of selling to Carvana.

JWhigham

Reaction score
No, but I did add the $1,000 Ram private coupon after following the steps from Silent Bob's post. Also worked with Aaron on my trade in to help save on some taxes instead of selling to Carvana.
Thanks for the info. I have never bought a new vehicle before but it feels unnatural to not haggle after everything I’ve read over the years about the buying process.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I had been looking locally (Georgia) for a Ram 1500 Limited with the Limited 1 Package and the Technology Group. The MSRP for those options are somewhere around 72k but all the dealerships around here say the sales price is around 68k. I know there is room for negotiation, but in other parks of the country I see trucks with the same options for around 58k after a dealer discount. I actually bought a Night Edition from Mark Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Louisiana for just over 59k but after we completed all the paperwork and I was going to fly and pick it up but they told me that there had been a problem with paint during transport.

My question is how are some dealerships offering an additional 10k off other than normal rebates and how much additional do you think I could get off that?
Check out my posts on this thread about an Atlanta area dealer who nearly match Mark Dodge’s price. The dealer’s name rhymes with Bed Coils. Don’t tell ‘em I sent you, because I ended up not buying from them so my name is probably a swear word around there.

But the point is, there is at least one Georgia dealer who was willing to discount a bit over $10K on a Longhorn before rebates. Whether that’s a fact you can parlay into a deal or not is an exercise for the reader.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build had to be downgraded because I ordered the 6'4" bed with MFT. No way can they figure out how to work blindspot with that combo.

KIDDING! (C'mon: how many times have you been frustrated by things like that?)

The real reason? Chip shortage.

They'll only put the blind spot/cross traffic chips in Limited and up trim levels (AIUI).

So, I'd like to add it later. But, if that's too expensive or not an option, no worries. I'll just remember I'm driving a truck.
Well I'd believe it! lol. It baffles me how some of their selections block out other things that have nothing to do with that selection.

NJT3

Reaction score
Or I guess I should ask, why did your build have to be downgraded? (don't say chip shortage, don't say chip shortage,...)
Whole bunch of grownups and kids playing video games and using the Nvidia microchip processor. These are being paid higher prices by game systems and pc manufacturers that auto manufactures do not want to pay at a large scale. Also contributing to this a microchip plant burned down. I remember in early 90's walking into a Sears to get more memory for my first pc because the game I got required a little more umph....I asked the sales guy how much and he replied today about $120 tomorrow about $300. I asked why the bump and he replied the main Texas Instruments memory chip plant just burned down today.

This is simple supply and demand economics 101.... See there I didn't say chip shortage...oops! Ha.

FYI you can still get blindspot detection on a Rebel as an alternative to a Laramie you just have to add the electronic shift control to get the auto 4wd mode.... But you'll have to settle for Elocker instead of antislip.... But this combo maybe the best of both worlds

NJT3

Reaction score
Well I'd believe it! lol. It baffles me how some of their selections block out other things that have nothing to do with that selection.
Some industrial engineer and efficiency expert came together to figure out the minimum price point per type of Ram with options forcing that minimum price point plain and simple at the factory... It would just be better to limit to 3 trims and give all optons per the level... This way the plant is building mostly the same combo and move things out faster, better build quality, and less expensive to the customer...Basically the Japanese style(model after an American) way of things....I mean you don't see Toyota making more than 3 trims of the Camry ect.... Rams got like 9 trims of the 1500... Just let us pick the color without blocking the options.. Just infuriating lol

rbundy84

Reaction score
Some industrial engineer and efficiency expert came together to figure out the minimum price point per type of Ram with options forcing that minimum price point plain and simple at the factory... It would just be better to limit to 3 trims and give all optons per the level... This way the plant is building mostly the same combo and move things out faster, better build quality, and less expensive to the customer...Basically the Japanese style(model after an American) way of things....I mean you don't see Toyota making more than 3 trims of the Camry ect.... Rams got like 9 trims of the 1500... Just let us pick the color without blocking the options.. Just infuriating lol
Or how about any color you want as long as it’s black! Love that Henry Ford quote

Most things I’ve read show this shortage to go through the end of the year and possibly into next year.....that being said I would be surprised if incentives get better over the summer and if you want the blind spot/safety features, you’ll have to get the higher trims....especially for MY 2021s

I’m willing to wait it out (for now anyways) as ideally I would really love a spec’d out Laramie ( SW Edition, ASG, MFT, etc) and save 4-5k than order a Limited, especially with incentives being very low for Limiteds. I’ll be interested to see how much MSRPs spike with MY2022s especially if the Blind Spot/ASG is back for Laramies

WReckeR

Reaction score
The only way to shut it off is to use an Autostop Eliminator. We own two of them for our Rams - worth every penny.

False

1618493982145.png

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rumor has it that in some cars (not tested in a Ram), a small piece of plastic can be wedged between the button and the panel and keep it permanently depressed. Fixes that "reset" issue. Trim the plastic wedge flush (right color, naturally), and you'll never even see it.

Or so I've heard. ;)

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I wanted to share a bit of information that might be valuable to you.

I was offered a great price on my 2020 Laramie by Carvana. I contacted Aaron (Mark Dodge in Louisiana) and Phillip (Bud Olson in WA state) to see about a build. Wanted to give a shout out to Phillip. He has been extremely responsive and very good pricing. Been over 24 hours and haven't heard back from Aaron.

Give Phillip a chance if you're in the market. I would have ordered from him already if not for the sales tax hit from not having a trade, but I think there is a good chance I still might. Local dealers so far can't touch the combination of Carvana and Phililp, even with the sales tax difference.

Also, I've been told by Phillip and local dealers that you CAN get Blind Spot/Cross Traffic on a Laramie order, but not on lot trucks.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

volume sales vs trying to make all your money from 1 or 2 customers

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So I wanted to share a bit of information that might be valuable to you.

I was offered a great price on my 2020 Laramie by Carvana. I contacted Aaron (Mark Dodge in Louisiana) and Phillip (Bud Olson in WA state) to see about a build. Wanted to give a shout out to Phillip. He has been extremely responsive and very good pricing. Been over 24 hours and haven't heard back from Aaron.

Give Phillip a chance if you're in the market. I would have ordered from him already if not for the sales tax hit from not having a trade, but I think there is a good chance I still might. Local dealers so far can't touch the combination of Carvana and Phililp, even with the sales tax difference.

Also, I've been told by Phillip and local dealers that you CAN get Blind Spot/Cross Traffic on a Laramie order, but not on lot trucks.
How so on the BSM/CT on a Laramie? Makes no sense that one dealer can do it but not another.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. Nobody on the line is going to know if a build is customer or inventory. They just see Laramie and know it’s not getting BSM

WReckeR

Reaction score
WRONG! The only way to turn it off so you don't have to press the button EVERY TIME YOU START THE VEHICLE is to utilize the Autostop Eliminator.
I know, right? Doing this is SO DIFFICULT 👉 !

I don't understand why some owners don't like this feature. You're saving gas, even if in small amounts. You're benefitting the environment incrementally better. And at what cost to the driving experience? My engine is ON as soon as I lift a little bit of pressure off the brake pedal. ON and ready to go. Even if I want to get off the line faster than the guy next to me so I can merge in front of him in his lane, I have PLENTY of time and engine to do that.

Finally, as an engineer, I think it's incredible the amount of technical advantages that have been designed since I bought my last vehicle, a 2001 Dodge Dakota. Multi-displacement, auto on/off, the safe distance cruise control. These are engineering wonders, all of which improve the experience. When our children are our age, autopilot will probably be 75% or more deployed. Hopefully hobbyists will still be allowed to drive, but it'll still be cool to reach what we thought would always be sci-fi.

jaykikz

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this site, I'm about to buy my first brand new ram and im not to familiar with dealing with car dealerships and have a couple of questions maybe you guys could answer.
1 if you make a truck with stuff you want on it do you have to pay msrp that it totals or can you negotiate it alittle?
2 does anyone in here know any good dealerships in the pacific northwest?
3 whats the difference between laramie and the limited trims? (those are the ones im interested in)

Users who are viewing this thread