5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I see a lot of people mentioning Aaron with Mark dodge. Can anyone explain why he seems to be the go to on here? Is he also just custom builds or anything?
Aaron and Phillip are both easy to work with and often have the lowest prices in the country. There are other volume dealers providing low prices as well.

Phillip usually comes in a bit lower than Aaron.
Aaron usually comes in a bit lower than the other volume dealers.
The other volume dealers usually come in lower than most peoples local dealers.

It often comes down to who is closest to you.

Bookmark the following thread, it has all the above dealers contact information on the first page.

Runagun

Reaction score
I see a lot of people mentioning Aaron with Mark dodge. Can anyone explain why he seems to be the go to on here? Is he also just custom builds or anything?
I'm all about helping people out. But doesn't anybody read the forums. Or they feel they should be spoken directly too? Read the last 5-10 pages and you'll know everything you'd need to know.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That one looks great, but the payload is 1050#. That's about as low as I've seen on 1500s. I know the RamBox is a pretty big hit on payload. Is the MFT?

Which engine weighs more, the EcoDiesel or the Hemi?

6'4" doesn't come with RAM Box so I guess I'm wrong and the MSRP on the limited increased? It was sub-60K for the 5'7" bed but if this has RAM boxes, then it must be a 5'7" sorry about that.

The diesel will reduce payload as it's heavier. This $70K+ Limited have the lowest payloads because they have the most stuff on them. 33 Gallon fuel tank doesn't help either.

Found this, note this is the highest payload features (tradesman trim):
  1. 5.7L HEMI® V8 with eTorque: 2,300 lbs.
  2. 5.7L HEMI® V8: 1,970 lbs.
  3. 3.6L Pentastar® V6: 2,300 lbs.
  4. 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: 2,040 lbs.

So diesel does take a hit.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So I know this is a 5th gen forum but I’m in the market for some more garage filler. I’m looking for a used or new challenger R/T scat pac. It seems as the used ones are generally on line with a brand new one. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the best deal possible?

The following thread has most of the information you need to purchase a new FCA (Chrysler) vehicle. Much of it also applies to the purchase of any new car.

Cryptick

Reaction score
Aaron and Phillip are both easy to work with and often have the lowest prices in the country. There are other volume dealers providing low prices as well.

Phillip usually comes in a bit lower than Aaron.
Aaron usually comes in a bit lower than the other volume dealers.
The other volume dealers usually come in lower than most peoples local dealers.

It often comes down to who is closest to you.

Bookmark the following thread, it has all the above dealers contact information on the first page.

That is some comprehensive work put in. Thank you good sir!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Hey everybody. So I think I finally found my truck (well technically my wife did, bonus points!) and it’s in Texas (I’m in Florida). I’m going to email the dealership in the morning but now that it’s April, and I’ve heard it’s one of the worst months to buy a vehicle, what are all the rebates and things I should be asking for in addition to the dealer discount that’s shown on the website?
These are what I’ve found and seen on here so far:
PenFed $1,000
Tread lightly $500
True car $500
Allstate Bonus Drive $250
Sams club $600
US News Users $500
FFA $500

I’m guessing I can’t use them all due to rules/restrictions, but if I’m missing one here, please help me out!
Thanks guys!!

PenFed, Sam's Club, and US News are all TrueCar rebates.

The Allstate Bonus Drive is combinable with any and all other incentives.

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Affiliate Pricing (Tread Lightly) discount is and is not.

A $100 Tread Lightly membership get you access to Affiliate Pricing.
Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said many dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

Check the link in my signature for more information.

Appyfan

Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Dodge, their Limiteds dropped from an average of $9500 off to $12,250 off over the weekend. If there's anything on the lot you're looking at, these are some good savings. I particularly like there's a Limited 6'4" bed that, with discount + incentives costs the same as the base limited with nearly every feature:
https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+Charles-2021-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT6MN651150

Don't forget 0% interest is carrying over too. If it was diesel, I'd cancel my sold order and get this. He rarely has Limited trucks with a 6'4" bed.
That’s a 5’7 bed, according to the VIN.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a 5’7 bed, according to the VIN.

You're right, I corrected myself. The reason I thought that is due to the MSRP:
Base Price = $60,150

If you look at this one, https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+Charles-2021-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT0MN651161 which has been on their lot for a few weeks,

Base Price = $59,900

When I was searching for 6'4" trucks before ordering, I used anything over 60K base price as to mean the longer bed because a lot of dealers didn't list bed-size in their postings.

I was wrong but what I did realize is since I ordered, base price has gone up.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Dodge, their Limiteds dropped from an average of $9500 off to $12,250 off over the weekend. If there's anything on the lot you're looking at, these are some good savings. I particularly like there's a Limited 6'4" bed that, with discount + incentives costs the same as the base limited with nearly every feature:
https://www.markdodge.net/new-Lake+Charles-2021-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFHT6MN651150

Don't forget 0% interest is carrying over too. If it was diesel, I'd cancel my sold order and get this. He rarely has Limited trucks with a 6'4" bed.
Would there be any chance that this $12,250 dealer discount applies to orders as well? Or are you just stuck with what's on the lot?

Nova90

Reaction score
Thanks! Is he pretty easy to work with or still takes some negotiating? I had a local guy (out of the game now) that always got me the best price and never had anyone beat him, so i haven't negotiated in a while.
No negotiation required other than asking for the price. It was the easiest vehicle purchase that I've had in my 50 years.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I'm all about helping people out. But doesn't anybody read the forums. Or they feel they should be spoken directly too? Read the last 5-10 pages and you'll know everything you'd need to know.

There are close to 700 pages.
Its great that you have time to read from page 1. Most don't.
Also, who else but you would guess that you only need to read the last 10 pages?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, who else but you would guess that you only need to read the last 10 pages?
I'm totally new to Ram-anything and I stumbled on this thread/forum on accident and so far everyone on here has been super helpful. And since I've found it, I have read quite a few pages but I was in the same boat; 700 pages looks daunting and not knowing how active the forum is or many pages are "current", I was a bit overwhelmed, lol.

mophead

Reaction score
I'm totally new to Ram-anything and I stumbled on this thread/forum on accident and so far everyone on here has been super helpful. And since I've found it, I have read quite a few pages but I was in the same boat; 700 pages looks daunting and not knowing how active the forum is or many pages are "current", I was a bit overwhelmed, lol.
If you look at the upper left hand corner you can see the date it was posted. You can also search within a particular thread and sort by most recent. Hope this helps

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Well I feel like I got hosed. Oh well truck has to come it before the end of the month for it to matter.

Runagun

Reaction score
Guy, you want a hand out too? Want someone to buy the truck for you too? Your reading experiences of people I included what we did to buy our truck. Go create your experience then come back here and tell us. Yess that takes research. So go read the last 10 pages. You'll see silent bob post numerous times his compilation of information. Go read, then do, then come back here and share. Good luck hope you get the best deal possible.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Well I feel like I got hosed. Oh well truck has to come it before the end of the month for it to matter.
I called Ram Incentives about this as I got the $750 one....I was told I could use this if I ordered it by April 30th (and confirmed this several times to make sure I didn’t mis hear this)

Users who are viewing this thread