5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed about the sunroof. I opted out of it with my build as well. Had it on my 2007 Tundra and never used it. Didn't get it when I bought my 2014 Ram 2500 and didn't miss it at all, so I chose not to get it with my 2021 order.
Reading these comments, I wish I wouldn’t have ordered one. We have the pano on both of my wife’s Jeep GCs with no problems so far (2014 and 2020). I never used it on my High Country or 2019 Laramie. Just a problem area I could have avoided. I haven’t kept a truck over 3 years though since my 2003 Tundra that I still own! I’ll likely let this 2021 Ram go within 2 - 3 years too, so hopefully I’ll never have an issue.

RJS

Reaction score
Agreed about the sunroof. I opted out of it with my build as well. Had it on my 2007 Tundra and never used it. Didn't get it when I bought my 2014 Ram 2500 and didn't miss it at all, so I chose not to get it with my 2021 order.
I have had sunroofs on my last 4 vehicles with no issues. If you run a full cap, as I have on my last few trucks, they inhibit the sliding rear window air flow, I'd strongly recommend the sunroof if you have/plan a full height cap. With my bed high tonneau cover I find the sliding rear window preferable to the sun roof for ventilation. Having the sunroof sun shade open on cold or cloudy days still helps brighten the interior by a lot.

Your monkey, your circus

rbundy84

Reaction score
I have had sunroofs on my last 4 vehicles with no issues. If you run a full cap, as I have on my last few trucks, they inhibit the sliding rear window air flow, I'd strongly recommend the sunroof if you have/plan a full height cap. With my bed high tonneau cover I find the sliding rear window preferable to the sun roof for ventilation. Having the sunroof sun shade open on cold or cloudy days still helps brighten the interior by a lot.

Your monkey, your circus
I’m stealing that last line 😂

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reading these comments, I wish I wouldn’t have ordered one. We have the pano on both of my wife’s Jeep GCs with no problems so far (2014 and 2020). I never used it on my High Country or 2019 Laramie. Just a problem area I could have avoided. I haven’t kept a truck over 3 years though since my 2003 Tundra that I still own! I’ll likely let this 2021 Ram go within 2 - 3 years too, so hopefully I’ll never have an issue.

I also had the Panoroof on my 2014 and 2017 Jeep GC with no issues with either. I have a few friends that have the Panoroof on their 2021 bighorns/laramies and no issues on theirs (1 always has his truck outside). I ordered my truck with it.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
A mechanic I once knew offered this advice. "If you don't want your sunroof to leak, never open it. Just enjoy the view"

That being said, I have the panoramic sunroof and enjoy it. I also have had a lot of compliments on it.

My 2014 Ram 1500 sunroof has also never leaked.

rbundy84

Reaction score
My $250 bonus drive check was approved, never would have known about it without this forum. Bet I won’t hear anymore from my wife complaining about how much time I spend on forums now!
Do you submit this after purchasing/ordering? It’s a nice little extra to have....

Runagun

Reaction score
A mechanic I once knew offered this advice. "If you don't want your sunroof to leak, never open it. Just enjoy the view"

That being said, I have the panoramic sunroof and enjoy it. I also have had a lot of compliments on it.

My 2014 Ram 1500 sunroof has also never leaked.
I had the sunroof in my '19 and never would even open the screen cause the sun would be too strong. After cerimic tinting my minivan sunroof. I plan on doing the same to my truck. It's so nice keeping the screen open without the sun beating the shyt out of me.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Do you submit this after purchasing/ordering? It’s a nice little extra to have....
After you take possession, you can find the link here:

rbundy84

Reaction score
After you take possession, you can find the link here:
Thanks!

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
My $250 bonus drive check was approved, never would have known about it without this forum. Bet I won’t hear anymore from my wife complaining about how much time I spend on forums now!
WIFE/ So, at $250, that works out to fifty cents an hour... 😆

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I’m sure I will miss it now, but just couldn’t justify the extra cost especially when I had to step up to a limited.

I’ve never had any leaks in any sunroof that I’ve owned

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
So I know this is a 5th gen forum but I’m in the market for some more garage filler. I’m looking for a used or new challenger R/T scat pac. It seems as the used ones are generally on line with a brand new one. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the best deal possible?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well you would need the loan information to do that so, no, you can’t do it next day. Chrysler sends you the loan info after a few weeks...I can’t recall how long, but I was able to search online (by SSN) and set up an account even faster than that.

You can create an account on the Chrysler Capital website and see your loan info, including account number, within 3 or 4 business days after buying the truck. They even give you a 10 day payoff amount and address (your new bank or credit union needs both for the refi). The mailed paperwork takes 3 weeks or so. I refinanced about two weeks after purchase.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
So I know this is a 5th gen forum but I’m in the market for some more garage filler. I’m looking for a used or new challenger R/T scat pac. It seems as the used ones are generally on line with a brand new one. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the best deal possible?
Silent Bobs buying guide is not just for Ram, his excellent information is applicable to any car purchase. As far as buying used, as you have seen it’s ridiculous out there as far as values. I would reach out to Aaron at mark dodge and see what he can do on pricing on a new one but remember, ordering one right now is probably a no go. The plant in Brampton Ontario is closed for now, I believe.

Your mention of a scat pack challenger caused my perpetual new car fever to flair up, just checked the Mark Dodge website, they are listing a ‘21 Hellcat Redeye $80k MSRP at $70k.

Me like!!

Last edited:

TravisJ

Reaction score
You can create an account on the Chrysler Capital website and see your loan info, including account number, within 3 or 4 business days after buying the truck. They even give you a 10 day payoff amount and address (your new bank or credit union needs both for the refi). The mailed paperwork takes 3 weeks or so. I refinanced about two weeks after purchase.

TravisJ

Reaction score

You basically just said what I said. I realize you can look up your account before the stuff comes in the mail, I did it. He asked if he could pay off next day...no, it’s unlikely to get into the system that fast.

slatersan

Reaction score
Probably google or a Challenger specific forum.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
About a month out from purchase here in North Texas. Anybody know how low I can get these dealers to go on a new Rebel? Should I wait for Memorial Day Sales to buy?

Yes, don't shop in North Texas aside from Meader in FTW. The highest prices I found were in the Dallas area

Users who are viewing this thread