5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last few pages has all about Mark Dodge. Where you been?
I found him after a little bit more google searching. Sorry, new to the forum and reading through the 654 pages is pretty daunting. Definitely finding a lot of good info though!

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
I found him after a little bit more google searching. Sorry, new to the forum and reading through the 654 pages is pretty daunting. Definitely finding a lot of good info though!
For you, and anyone else new, just start at highest page number. Then read backwards. No need to see what deals were in 2019 (starting on page 1). The latest 10-20 pages should have most recent info, and the really informative posts usually get linked or referenced quite often. Happy Hunting.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the full rebate option when buying and then financed a little from Chrysler to get the additional $500 cash rebate? Just curious what kind of outrageous interest rate they're giving people.

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the full rebate option when buying and then financed a little from Chrysler to get the additional $500 cash rebate? Just curious what kind of outrageous interest rate they're giving people.
I financed with Chrysler to receive the $500 bonus rebate. They gave me an unbelievable rate of 4.99%!!! I laughed when the finance guy told me this bc I have over an 800 score. I just told him ok whatever and refinanced 1 month later at my credit union. It’s almost a slap in the face really. But $500 is $500...

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
That's crazy. They're really not trying to keep people around with numbers like that. Especially with a great credit score.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I financed with Chrysler to receive the $500 bonus rebate. They gave me an unbelievable rate of 4.99%!!! I laughed when the finance guy told me this bc I have over an 800 score. I just told him ok whatever and refinanced 1 month later at my credit union. It’s almost a slap in the face really. But $500 is $500...
Is there anything to keep us from paying it off the next day or refinancing immediately in the T and C?

Runagun

Reaction score
On my Pacifica they gave me 4.8percent for 72 months. I'm refinancing that with penfed for 2.14% for 36months.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Is there anything to keep us from paying it off the next day or refinancing immediately in the T and C?
Minimum 4 payments and minimum $7500 financed

When we bought my wife’s Pacifica a few years ago, we did the numbers game with Chrysler Financial and paid it off after 4 months

rbundy84

Reaction score
I’m close to finalized a Limited build but going back and forth on a few things:

- Opting for the Advanced Safety Group instead of the Limited Package - the only two differences are the Harmon Kardon speaker system and vented rear seats (which I don’t care about). Is the HK upgrade worth $1300? I may choose to go aftermarket if I’m not happy with the default stereo set up

- Sunroof or no sunroof?

- Standard wheels are 20”, which look nice but are the 22” wheel upgrade worth $2k? While the 22s look great, I can go aftermarket/upgrade later here as well I believe...

Thoughts from anyone who has either recently purchased or built a Limited? I’d love to just spend it all and not worry about upgrades later but budget is getting a bit tight on this one...

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I’m close to finalized a Limited build but going back and forth on a few things:

- Opting for the Advanced Safety Group instead of the Limited Package - the only two differences are the Harmon Kardon speaker system and vented rear seats (which I don’t care about). Is the HK upgrade worth $1300? I may choose to go aftermarket if I’m not happy with the default stereo set up

- Sunroof or no sunroof?

- Standard wheels are 20”, which look nice but are the 22” wheel upgrade worth $2k? While the 22s look great, I can go aftermarket/upgrade later here as well I believe...

Thoughts from anyone who has either recently purchased or built a Limited? I’d love to just spend it all and not worry about upgrades later but budget is getting a bit tight on this one...
Ordered mine last night and also did advanced safety vs limited package. Could care less about the rear vents, and my Rockford Fosgate punch 200 days are behind me. I did get night edition which included the wheels and HK, but had I not HATED the chrome I’d get std wheels and spend my 2k on unique aftermarket if I needed something different.

I was too cheap to get a sunroof. Almost every car that I’ve owned has one, and I never use it.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Ordered mine last night and also did advanced safety vs limited package. Could care less about the rear vents, and my Rockford Fosgate punch 200 days are behind me. I did get night edition which included the wheels and HK, but had I not HATED the chrome I’d get std wheels and spend my 2k on unique aftermarket if I needed something different.

I was too cheap to get a sunroof. Almost every car that I’ve owned has one, and I never use it.
You and I think a lot alike....I’m not doing Night Edition mostly because my wife doesn’t like black wheels or the darked out trim....kinda stinks because I’m not a fan of chrome, but I may just go aftermarket with the wheels if I really don’t like them

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

- Sunroof or no sunroof?

There are some threads on here with HK owners having buyers remorse. Some complain about either lack of bass or too much bass? I can’t remember. Wishing they had Alpine? I don’t recall exactly

Every sunroof I’ve ever had has leaked. We have permanent staining & mold issues on our $35,000 VW wagon after a dozen attempts of getting the drains cleaned and there’s supposedly a pinch weld issue as well. I’ve never had a sunroof that didn’t leak so I opted no sunroof. If you don’t live under a pine tree and don’t plan on keeping the truck for more than 7 years, then maybe it’s okay?

22” Wheels, easier to dent, easier to scratch, supposedly stiffer ride, less sidewall, pricier tires. Big wheels are style, nothing more. On all of my cars in the last 7 years, I’ve purchased smaller wheels every time. My Golf R that came with 19s runs 17s in Winter, 18s in summer (can’t run smaller than 17 due to brakes) and it doesn’t look as good but lower unsprung weight and no bent rims has been fantastic. I went night edition, therefore 22s but I will drop to 18s for Winter driving. 2021’s Winter lasted exactly (so far) 143 days from snow start to today which it snowed today as well so so I’ll be in winter mode almost half of every year and for that half, I’ll be on 18s. I’m Hoping to find an 18” setup with tire that really overhangs the wheel’s rim to keep curb damage to a minimum. Maybe i can find someone selling take-off OEM wheels here? Anyway, that’s my logic on all of that.

rbundy84

Reaction score
There are some threads on here with HK owners having buyers remorse. Some complain about either lack of bass or too much bass? I can’t remember. Wishing they had Alpine? I don’t recall exactly

Every sunroof I’ve ever had has leaked. We have permanent staining & mold issues on our $35,000 VW wagon after a dozen attempts of getting the drains cleaned and there’s supposedly a pinch weld issue as well. I’ve never had a sunroof that didn’t leak so I opted no sunroof. If you don’t live under a pine tree and don’t plan on keeping the truck for more than 7 years, then maybe it’s okay?

22” Wheels, easier to dent, easier to scratch, supposedly stiffer ride, less sidewall, pricier tires. Big wheels are style, nothing more. On all of my cars in the last 7 years, I’ve purchased smaller wheels every time. My Golf R that came with 19s runs 17s in Winter, 18s in summer (can’t run smaller than 17 due to brakes) and it doesn’t look as good but lower unsprung weight and no bent rims has been fantastic. I went night edition, therefore 22s but I will drop to 18s for Winter driving. 2021’s Winter lasted exactly (so far) 143 days from snow start to today which it snowed today as well so so I’ll be in winter mode almost half of every year and for that half, I’ll be on 18s. I’m Hoping to find an 18” setup with tire that really overhangs the wheel’s rim to keep curb damage to a minimum. Maybe i can find someone selling take-off OEM wheels here? Anyway, that’s my logic on all of that.
Can’t say I disagree - thanks!

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
I think I read on here or somewhere else that if you refinance before three months that the finance dept at the dealership won’t receive an incentive or something along those lines. Lol, maybe work a little harder or quit screwing the consumer and I will wait the three months!

TravisJ

Reaction score
Well you would need the loan information to do that so, no, you can’t do it next day. Chrysler sends you the loan info after a few weeks...I can’t recall how long, but I was able to search online (by SSN) and set up an account even faster than that.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I read on here or somewhere else that if you refinance before three months that the finance dept at the dealership won’t receive an incentive or something along those lines. Lol, maybe work a little harder or quit screwing the consumer and I will wait the three months!
When I bought my wife's Jeep GC in Feb. I went with Chrysler Capital at over 6.9% to get a rebate on the Jeep. Within two weeks I called them and told them I'd keep the loan with them if they'd match my credit union's 2.5% rate. They told me they don't refinance loans, so I paid the Jeep off that week. It was paid off before the welcome packet came in the mail! I'll likely keep my Ram with Chrysler Capital because of 0% for 72 but I figured they'd rather get 2.5% on the Jeep than nothing. Guess I was wrong :)

PhillyPhan

Reaction score

Agreed about the sunroof. I opted out of it with my build as well. Had it on my 2007 Tundra and never used it. Didn't get it when I bought my 2014 Ram 2500 and didn't miss it at all, so I chose not to get it with my 2021 order.

Users who are viewing this thread