5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rbundy84

Reaction score
I’ve submitted a few build proposals to Aaron for Laramies, and unfortunately not only is Blind Spot no longer available, neither is the Advanced Safety Group.....I may be leaning to a Limited build now

Uzername

Reaction score
First time posting. Been a great help so far. Looking for some feedback on a potential deal.

2021 Ram 2500 Laramie mega cab 6.7l.
Msrp $79,600
$500 doc fee
6.625% nj sales tax
$78,500 out the door

No rebates at this time on 2500's.

Not as much as I wanted off but they aren't budging. 4 hours away, only one I've found. What do yall think?

rbundy84

Reaction score
First time posting. Been a great help so far. Looking for some feedback on a potential deal.

2021 Ram 2500 Laramie mega cab 6.7l.
Msrp $79,600
$500 doc fee
6.625% nj sales tax
$78,500 out the door

No rebates at this time on 2500's.

Not as much as I wanted off but they aren't budging. 4 hours away, only one I've found. What do yall think?
Maybe come up with a take it or leave it offer tomorrow (end of month and quarter)with a price you are comfortable with?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
When you say both what are you referring to, bonus drive and what else? Just making sure I’m not missing something.

Bookmark the following thread, it has all the info on the first page.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
I’ve submitted a few build proposals to Aaron for Laramies, and unfortunately not only is Blind Spot no longer available, neither is the Advanced Safety Group.....I may be leaning to a Limited build now
Exactly where I am! I really want the Blind Spot. The size of these trucks I would like some extra help seeing! Hahaha

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blind Spot: I cannot imagine but that there will be an available aftermarket mod to add blindspot monitoring/crosstraffic to these trucks.

mophead

Reaction score
Exactly where I am! I really want the Blind Spot. The size of these trucks I would like some extra help seeing! Hahaha
I think it has been overhyped/oversold. I've driven all kinds of trucks with all kinds of mirrors. The mirrors on these trucks are very good. With proper adjustment you really don't have blind spots alongside. Where I see it as having value is backing. Cross traffic, kids or other objects. It would be another of those niceities not necessities to me.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
I think it has been overhyped/oversold. I've driven all kinds of trucks with all kinds of mirrors. The mirrors on these trucks are very good. With proper adjustment you really don't have blind spots alongside. Where I see it as having value is backing. Cross traffic, kids or other objects. It would be another of those niceities not necessities to me.
I understand your point of view. The main thing is this feature comes with Laramie Level 1 until they recently removed it because of the chip shortage. I believe part of a larger package $1,795-$1,995 that includes blind spot and cross traffic and a few other goodies. My wife has a 2017 Acura MDX with blindspot albeit much smaller in scale it is a "niceitie" that gets utilized for us.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I maybe could’ve lived without Blind Spot with the Safety package (surround cameras, lane departure, adaptive cruise control, etc), but with this not being available in Laramies, this is going to be a tough sell for me

On that note, I wonder if Ram is going to have inventory issues with Laramies not selling later this year with the decreased features or as a poster said above, if I am looking too much into this

rbundy84

Reaction score
Blind Spot: I cannot imagine but that there will be an available aftermarket mod to add blindspot monitoring/crosstraffic to these trucks.
I believe that is called a “business opportunity” and I agree with you. With all of the aftermarket crap out there, this should certainly be an option

ShadowRam

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Wondering what anyone thinks of this? New to truck buying and buying a vehicle in general but not new to sales. Seems like I can get a better deal. It looks like they're quoting me just above EP with rebate included (2% off invoice?) Sent out emails to 14 dealers yesterday, just waiting for responses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330-123538_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-123538_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Wondering what anyone thinks of this? New to truck buying and buying a vehicle in general but not new to sales. Seems like I can get a better deal. It looks like they're qouting me just above EP with rebate included (2% off invoice?) Sent out emails to 14 dealers yesterday, just waiting for responses.
For me personally Minimum on a limited would be $10K off from MSRP. Then Keep cutting the fat Until its ready to put on the grill. So far on all three of my cars. 2-trucks and 1 minivan. I was able to get 20%+ off MSRP on each one.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Wondering what anyone thinks of this? New to truck buying and buying a vehicle in general but not new to sales. Seems like I can get a better deal. It looks like they're qouting me just above EP with rebate included (2% off invoice?) Sent out emails to 14 dealers yesterday, just waiting for responses.

You can so much better than that. Guys are getting almost $10k off on vehicles like that.

ShadowRam

Reaction score
You can so much better than that. Guys are getting almost $10k off on vehicles like that.
That was my thought. I was aiming for 20% off MSRP before rebates. I sent out quite a few emails, including to Aaron, but it seems like I would have gotten a few more responses by now if there were less dealers at their quotas.

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Wondering what anyone thinks of this? New to truck buying and buying a vehicle in general but not new to sales. Seems like I can get a better deal. It looks like they're quoting me just above EP with rebate included (2% off invoice?) Sent out emails to 14 dealers yesterday, just waiting for responses.

At a minimum $65,208 (5% below invoice) plus tread lightly or affliate for another 1% off to get to $64,521.....then subtract the $1,750 rebates

ToopaCent

Reaction score
That was my thought. I was aiming for 20% off MSRP before rebates. I sent out quite a few emails, including to Aaron, but it seems like I would have gotten a few more responses by now if there were less dealers at their quotas.
20% before rebates will be a stretch, especially on limiteds. I'd recommend farming the build out to some of the dealers in this thread, like Aaron and Philip, and seeing what they give you.

Users who are viewing this thread