5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who had your truck shipped from Aaron at Mark Dodge, how did the process work? Just curious how paperwork was finalized, down payment, and did you get a virtual overview of the truck (maybe FaceTime)? What was the delivery process like? I’m trying to decide if I want to have my truck shipped or fly down and drive back up to SC.

Runagun

Reaction score
For those of you who had your truck shipped from Aaron at Mark Dodge, how did the process work? Just curious how paperwork was finalized, down payment, and did you get a virtual overview of the truck (maybe FaceTime)? What was the delivery process like? I’m trying to decide if I want to have my truck shipped or fly down and drive back up to SC
I put 3k down on my cc. Financed the rest with Chrysler Captial with 0%. Signed everything online. Found a shipper using uship. And finalize shipping on the phone. Thank God everything worked out great.

Nova90

Reaction score
For those of you who had your truck shipped from Aaron at Mark Dodge, how did the process work? Just curious how paperwork was finalized, down payment, and did you get a virtual overview of the truck (maybe FaceTime)? What was the delivery process like? I’m trying to decide if I want to have my truck shipped or fly down and drive back up to SC.
I'm curious about this too. Seems like a good idea to have a complete walk-around performed and they should identify any defects. Years ago I had a Corvette shipped using Intercity Lines (enclosed carrier) from FL to PA and there was a detailed list created at shipping and that list was used at delivery to ensure that it arrived in the same exact condition. This is the part that makes me most nervous as I obsess over my vehicles. It will be a nerve-racking few days while en route.

rbundy84

Reaction score
That won't be anytime soon. The circuit board shortage isn't going to stop anytime in the next 6 months and they probably won't bring that stuff back on the Laramie there is a steady flow of boards. My guess is early next year we will be back to some normalcy.
This is what makes me nervous as a potential Laramie buyer...especially one who wants Blind Spot Notification. The issue (or issues) are that rebates aren’t the best right now and by the time the premium months start (Memorial Day and especially Labor Day) those on the lot may not have the blind spot notification, which isn’t a deal breaker but is certainly nice to have...

Quandry....do I bite the bullet now and once I see something I like but don’t like the price or do I wait and get a truck with less features later this year....

Miket21395

Reaction score
Hey first time ram 1500 buyer I’m looking at $46,970 MSRP before any rebates what should I be looking to get the sale price to prior to the $4000 or so rebates, or should I get the financing everyone is talking about (i don’t exactly know what it is) and forgo the rebates

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Hey first time ram 1500 buyer I’m looking at $46,970 MSRP before any rebates what should I be looking to get the sale price to prior to the $4000 or so rebates, or should I get the financing everyone is talking about (i don’t exactly know what it is) and forgo the rebates
SilentBob has an incredible thread on here about a Ram buyers guide. That is a definite place I would look at. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/
As to a quick answer to your question, on a Big Horn/Lone Star 1500 the current incentives are $4250 outside finance or $3000 plus 0% for 72mo captive finance good until the end of the month. There is a $1000 rebate if you are a 60+ day member of PenFed FCU administered thru TruCar, or a $500 rebate thru TruCar available immediately if time is a factor. If you have a non FCA brand vehicle in the household you qualify for a post sale $250 rebate by mail through BonusDrive
https://goodlife.allstate.com/interstitial/bonusdrive

Last edited:

enigmaaron

Reaction score
In my case I let Aaron handle arranging shipping. I would say that method is not for the faint of heart. All paperwork for the purchase was done online after a few pics of the truck from the salesman. I’m sure if I asked for more pics or a FaceTime walk around they would have obliged though. For shipping Aaron put it out to bid at the agreed upon price, couple days later it was picked up, I got a few pics text to me from the driver, and a few days later met him near my house with a wad of cash. I checked out the (quite dirty from days on a car carrier) truck, signed a paper indicating no damage, handed him the cash and he handed me the keys. It worked out fine in my case, would I recommend it, probably not. Arrange your own shipping from a reputable company if you are worried about how it might be handled.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what makes me nervous as a potential Laramie buyer...especially one who wants Blind Spot Notification. The issue (or issues) are that rebates aren’t the best right now and by the time the premium months start (Memorial Day and especially Labor Day) those on the lot may not have the blind spot notification, which isn’t a deal breaker but is certainly nice to have...

Quandry....do I bite the bullet now and once I see something I like but don’t like the price or do I wait and get a truck with less features later this year....

the rebates aren't bad right now and the 0% makes it feel a little better. Dealers know they have customers number because of the limited numbers out there. Sadly the chip shortage is hurting more than just the automotive market but doesn't help by GPU wanting to make cards for the cryptominers out there. Because automotive didnt' keep up on their allocated orders of chips the phones and gpu people took them so now still playing catchup and won't be normal for quite some time. Losing BSM would suck and that is something I want and I wouldn't accept my truck if it wasn't on it. Memorial day sales you will still see some that have the BSM feature on them but Labor Day I don't think you will. Dealers don't have the stock onhand like they used to and aren't going to give the big break (there are some out there that still will but some won't).

In the end it is what makes you comfortable and what you can live with. Strange to ask how much the BSM feature is worth to you as if you would pay $500 or $1000 more for a truck that has it?

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I put 3k down on my cc. Financed the rest with Chrysler Captial with 0%. Signed everything online. Found a shipper using uship. And finalize shipping on the phone. Thank God everything worked out great.
How did Uship work out for you? What price did you end up paying them?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did Uship work out for you? What price did you end up paying them?

I’ve used Uship twice now, worked fine both times. You can post your truck with pickup/dropoff destination and let people bid on it. The longer you wait, then people start bidding against each other driving the price down

Spiral534

Reaction score
I think I got screwed on the financing portion of my purchase. I do understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but you can either get rebates/incentives OR 0% financing from FCA but NOT both.
I did get 8k off of the 46K MSRP of my 2021 Big Horn Level 1 4x4 5.7 no E-torgue Quad Cab but finance department said FCA would not finance me, however First Citizens financed at 3.5% for 72 months. I got 1K for my trade in, which was fair (I owed 9k on the trade in and they gave 10K). No other down payment.
My question is how did FCA not want to finance me with a 785 credit score, no debt, and good income? I am not even sure if they even tried with FCA at all so they can get kick backs from their banking partner, First Citizens.
I looked at my credit report for inquiries and only thing I see is the actual dealership, SunTrust, and TD Auto as inquiries (date matches purchase date) and nothing else, not even First Citizens.
Can I call FCA and ask them to refinance me or is it just a moot point now?
Thanks!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$46,000 MSRP - $8,000 = $38,000.

3.5% over 72 months financing $37K (after trade-in) = $4074.56 in total interest over the life of the loan.

So the question is, would your MSRP have been $4100 higher had you not done the incentives? That's basally how this works out. You can do the math Do I take incentives OR take advantage of 0% interest and do that math https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/car-loan-calculator

BUT if you know you weren't going to qualify for FCA's 0% anyway, then you did what you could. What I hear on the 0% is you need somewhere around mid-700s and a very healthy debt to income ratio and it helps to have a much higher income obviously. One dealer told me some people qualify sub-700 but they have no debt and high income..so it's all a numbers game.

Spiral534

Reaction score
$46,000 MSRP - $8,000 = $38,000.

3.5% over 72 months financing $37K (after trade-in) = $4074.56 in total interest over the life of the loan.

So the question is, would your MSRP have been $4100 higher had you not done the incentives? That's basally how this works out. You can do the math Do I take incentives OR take advantage of 0% interest and do that math https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/car-loan-calculator

BUT if you know you weren't going to qualify for FCA's 0% anyway, then you did what you could. What I hear on the 0% is you need somewhere around mid-700s and a very healthy debt to income ratio and it helps to have a much higher income obviously. One dealer told me some people qualify sub-700 but they have no debt and high income..so it's all a numbers game.
Oh, definitely did the math and found it to be a way better deal taking the incentives and knew I would not get both. I was saying I knew I wouldn't get both but "correct me if I was wrong," ya know? Had not taken the great incentives, I know I would have qualified for 0%, but would like to know why they didn't even bother with checking with FCA? Because I feel like I would have gotten lower than 3.5% with FCA and they wanted to work with the dealers bank.
I guess my main question is, shall I throw my dealer under the bus with FCA and advise them that they didn't even attempt to finance with them?
I have a bitter taste in my mouth for this finance department because the dude was flat out, a ****. We worked out the deal with the salesman to be 38k plus Tax/Dealer fee, etc. But in finance, what do you know, he showed me financing with 4k off, not 8k. He snuck in extended warranties and extras (equalling about 4k) without even a word. I am the kind of buyer that looks over everything and was not happy with him. But I was not rude. He started off treating me like I was an idiot (without any indication mind you). I was polite, knowledgeable without being arrogant, and overall staying quiet outside of the sales related talks.
He was not happy about losing that 4k in extras and I wonder if I would have gotten a lower rate with FCA and if it is normal for someone to finance with FCA on their own, after purchase, and get a lower rate. Or shall I just stick with what I got because it is not that bad. Just have a bad taste in my mouth from that asshat lol

mwalker0402

Reaction score
Huge shot out to Silent Bob. I used his info to contact multiple dealers and get quotes. Even contacted dealers with trucks on their lots to see if they would play ball. No dealer with a truck on the lot would play. So it looks like I will be ordering. Here is the best offer I have received from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA.

MSRP: $62,740
Sale Price: $54,228 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary)
Rebates: $3,000 ($2,000 normal rebates and $1,000 PenFed Code)
Additional Rebate: $500 (Joining Access Fund)
Final Price: $50,728
Total Discount: $12,012 or 19.14% off MSRP

Here is my question. Aaron has told me that if I want to lock in the 0% financing rate I will lose $1,000 of rebates. This would bring my Final Price to $51,728 or 17.55% off MSRP. Does this seem accurate that I would lose $1,000 for taking the 0% rate? Obviously it is a better deal just wanting to make sure before I ordered.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
I think I got screwed on the financing portion of my purchase. I do understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but you can either get rebates/incentives OR 0% financing from FCA but NOT both.
I did get 8k off of the 46K MSRP of my 2021 Big Horn Level 1 4x4 5.7 no E-torgue Quad Cab but finance department said FCA would not finance me, however First Citizens financed at 3.5% for 72 months. I got 1K for my trade in, which was fair (I owed 9k on the trade in and they gave 10K). No other down payment.
My question is how did FCA not want to finance me with a 785 credit score, no debt, and good income? I am not even sure if they even tried with FCA at all so they can get kick backs from their banking partner, First Citizens.
I looked at my credit report for inquiries and only thing I see is the actual dealership, SunTrust, and TD Auto as inquiries (date matches purchase date) and nothing else, not even First Citizens.
Can I call FCA and ask them to refinance me or is it just a moot point now?
Thanks!

0% or rebates is not a hard rule, some rebates can be used with 0%. Go here and check what rebates are available:
Make sure the zip code in the top right is correct for your home address and plug in the truck you are looking to purchase. It will list the incentives and national/local rebates available to you.

Huge shot out to Silent Bob. I used his info to contact multiple dealers and get quotes. Even contacted dealers with trucks on their lots to see if they would play ball. No dealer with a truck on the lot would play. So it looks like I will be ordering. Here is the best offer I have received from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA.

MSRP: $62,740
Sale Price: $54,228 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary)
Rebates: $3,000 ($2,000 normal rebates and $1,000 PenFed Code)
Additional Rebate: $500 (Joining Access Fund)
Final Price: $50,728
Total Discount: $12,012 or 19.14% off MSRP

Here is my question. Aaron has told me that if I want to lock in the 0% financing rate I will lose $1,000 of rebates. This would bring my Final Price to $51,728 or 17.55% off MSRP. Does this seem accurate that I would lose $1,000 for taking the 0% rate? Obviously it is a better deal just wanting to make sure before I ordered.

You don't have to decide now. You are locked into having the option of using whatever rebates/incentives are available to you now, and when the truck comes in you can decide if you want that or what is available at time of delivery. And you can also then decide at delivery if you want 0% or not.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, definitely did the math and found it to be a way better deal taking the incentives and knew I would not get both. I was saying I knew I wouldn't get both but "correct me if I was wrong," ya know? Had not taken the great incentives, I know I would have qualified for 0%, but would like to know why they didn't even bother with checking with FCA? Because I feel like I would have gotten lower than 3.5% with FCA and they wanted to work with the dealers bank.
I guess my main question is, shall I throw my dealer under the bus with FCA and advise them that they didn't even attempt to finance with them?
I have a bitter taste in my mouth for this finance department because the dude was flat out, a ****. We worked out the deal with the salesman to be 38k plus Tax/Dealer fee, etc. But in finance, what do you know, he showed me financing with 4k off, not 8k. He snuck in extended warranties and extras (equalling about 4k) without even a word. I am the kind of buyer that looks over everything and was not happy with him. But I was not rude. He started off treating me like I was an idiot (without any indication mind you). I was polite, knowledgeable without being arrogant, and overall staying quiet outside of the sales related talks.
He was not happy about losing that 4k in extras and I wonder if I would have gotten a lower rate with FCA and if it is normal for someone to finance with FCA on their own, after purchase, and get a lower rate. Or shall I just stick with what I got because it is not that bad. Just have a bad taste in my mouth from that asshat lol

That's totally up to you. I'm a young guy (34) but I've purchased 8 cars and 9 motorcycles in my life, almost always with 0% financing and mostly at dealerships and every single salesperson got something wrong, or didn't know about a program or deal. I'd say it's a lot for them to keep track of but that is their job. When I knew more about a car or promotion than they did, it makes me wonder why they're taking commission :) but I've only ever had one deal I wasn't happy with and it was me being taken advantage of and I was too young and inexperienced to know it at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread