5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Careful with them, they are my local dealer, did my test drives there and would have given them my business but they were thousands above the best local price, which was another couple thousand above Aaron @ Mark Dodge. When I told them sorry, going elsewhere the sales manager asked to call me. He basically told me the offers I got from the other locals were bs, no way they could make money at that price (this was before I had contacted Aaron). And pretty much insinuated I would come crawling back when the numbers didn’t turn out to be true. :rolleyes: I should email him my final sale contract...
Drive by with your new truck and the contract, he he he...

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Oh Ourisman was fun to deal with. 🙄🙄🙄. I'm curious what they have to say. We need to see if you qualify for these discounts? It was my biggest bait and switch dealer I spoke too.
They were a joke, five different people contacting me, like pulling teeth to get a quote, and then silence when I questioned them on their tacked on destination fee and service contract thing.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I’m a grown *** man and do not have the kind of ‘gusto’ that leads me to rub something in someone’s face but unfortunately I couldn’t help myself. When I signed & put down a deposit with Mark dodge, I sent the final price to my local dealer. The same dealer who told me:

1. Employee Pricing for all is the lowest they could do in December and RAM forbid them from doing anything lower
2. You can’t order a Limited with a 6’4” bed
3. You can only buy an extended warranty from the dealer you purchase the truck
4. They lowest they could do on the truck I wanted with the short bed was $69,500. Mark Dodge was $63,475 on the same build with the longer build
5. When i walked in to test drive a limited, before I picked a car, set a price or even asked about details, they gave me a credit app and said “a lot of guys don’t qualify for Limited trims so we’re going to need to pull your credit before we talk numbers”
6. They also basically told me “good luck” when I said I was going to shop in other states citing that “any deal another dealer gives you in another state is null in void since you don’t live there” RAM incentives confirmed promotions are tied to my zip code and any dealer can run those against your purchase no matter where you buy it.

You bet your butt I sent them the final price on that build and told them I looked forward to having my warranty work done with them after i took delivery.

Very childish but they dicked me around so much I couldn’t help it. I haven’t gotten a reply yet but it felt good rubbing it in their faces. Saving 6 grand off their ‘best price’ is huge. They also would have never locked in the 0% interest for me.
I would have done it in person. Line by line. And after each line, I'd've told them their response was a lie.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Posting my deal now that I got it ordered.

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
- 5.7 V8 Non-Etorque
- 3.92 Rear Axle
- Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
- Hydro Blue Pearl
- Sport Package
- Big Horn Level 2 Equipment
- Uconnect 12 with Nav
- 9 Amplified Speaker w/ Sub
- Technology Group
- Premium Lighting Group
- Rear Underseat Storage
- Bed Utility Group

MSRP: $57485
Dealer Discount: $6916
Dealer Price: $50569
Doc Fee: $219
Rebates: $4500
Final Price : $46288
% off MSRP: 19.47%

This has 0%/72 and incentives locked in. Should be 10-13 weeks for delivery. We'll see how incentives are looking when it comes in but to say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Huge thanks to Silent Bob and you guys for the help in getting pricing. This was through Mark Dodge. I shopped his deal to dealers around me and nobody could get with $1800 of the price. Heard that it was going to be a bait and switch and that the deal was too good to be true. Was even told by a local dealer he'd order the truck now, since it would sell quickly, so that I could buy it from him when the deal fell through 🙄. Now the lonnnnng wait begins

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume you pay in full before they deliver to your house?
What happens if it arrives scratched or dented?

Having moved cars a few times (and motorcycles), read the fine print. Mark Dodge is not shipping your car to you, you are hiring this company to pick up the car and bring it to you and therefore they're responsible for any damages. A few words of advice
1. Dealer should send you a detailed and slow walk around of the entire vehicle before the truck picks it up. Odometer photo, photo of wheels and everything they can
2. Truck shipper should send you their agreement, read it for sure
3. You should have insurance on the truck before it's picked up. Your insurance company will go to bat for you on behalf of you to get as much money out of the shipper's insurance if damage comes up
4. I don't think you can refuse delivery but taking a photo of all damage with the shipper's truck still in the background so there's no denying you took those photos when it was dropped off

Keep in mind to, more often than not, your truck will get passed through a couple of shipping companies. They all use this national system for brokering trucks. Your first pickup may take it to Nashville then it goes Nashville to a yard in Jersey then Jersey to your place, it's getting loaded & unloaded a few times and these yards are packed tight. **** happens it's getting it covered by whoever agreed to ship your truck that signed off on the damage clause that matters.

There's no problem with shipping so long as you get reimbursed for any damage that occurs.

EDIT: Your mileage may vary, this is just my experience. I have 2 motorcycles in shipment right now going across country and once you realize how these things work with sub-contracting, etc you just sort of hope the contract is well written, they're insured and inspect it at both sides just in case but I've never had a major issue with shipping things.

EDIT2: some of these companies are cheaper if you do cash only. Some guys ONLY do cash for shipping vehicles. Mya advice is to avoid any company that is cash only unless you don't give a crap about your car.

Last edited:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

- 5.7 V8 Non-Etorque
- 3.92 Rear Axle
- Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
- Hydro Blue Pearl
- Sport Package
- Big Horn Level 2 Equipment
- Uconnect 12 with Nav
- 9 Amplified Speaker w/ Sub
- Technology Group
- Premium Lighting Group
- Rear Underseat Storage
- Bed Utility Group

This has 0%/72 and incentives locked in. Should be 10-13 weeks for delivery. We'll see how incentives are looking when it comes in but to say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Huge thanks to Silent Bob and you guys for the help in getting pricing. This was through Mark Dodge. I shopped his deal to dealers around me and nobody could get with $1800 of the price. Heard that it was going to be a bait and switch and that the deal was too good to be true. Was even told by a local dealer he'd order the truck now, since it would sell quickly, so that I could buy it from him when the deal fell through 🙄. Now the lonnnnng wait begins
Did you inform Aaron about the tread lightly discount, or if you already qualify for affiliate price, that fact? Your dealership quote looks like it might not be factored in. It’s worth about $500.

BowDown

Reaction score
I hear you. I have a couple I feel the same about. But hey why educate them? Their loss.

You're not educating them, they already know this and are lying to you to scare you into doing business with them

BowDown

Reaction score
Why give them your warranty service. That's their bread and butter. Hit em where it hurts ;)

Agree here, dont think I'd take my vehicle there. If the sales dept is shady, the service dept is probably shady

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Did you inform Aaron about the tread lightly discount, or if you already qualify for affiliate price, that fact? Your dealership quote looks like it might not be factored in. It’s worth about $500.

Yes, this includes a $500 affiliate bonus as well. If incentives are better at delivery, ill get an additional 500 through penfed. I haven't had the account for 60 days yet so i couldn't qualify at the time

BowDown

Reaction score
I’m a grown *** man and do not have the kind of ‘gusto’ that leads me to rub something in someone’s face but unfortunately I couldn’t help myself. When I signed & put down a deposit with Mark dodge, I sent the final price to my local dealer. The same dealer who told me:

1. Employee Pricing for all is the lowest they could do in December and RAM forbid them from doing anything lower
2. You can’t order a Limited with a 6’4” bed
3. You can only buy an extended warranty from the dealer you purchase the truck
4. They lowest they could do on the truck I wanted with the short bed was $69,500. Mark Dodge was $63,475 on the same build with the longer build
5. When i walked in to test drive a limited, before I picked a car, set a price or even asked about details, they gave me a credit app and said “a lot of guys don’t qualify for Limited trims so we’re going to need to pull your credit before we talk numbers”
6. They also basically told me “good luck” when I said I was going to shop in other states citing that “any deal another dealer gives you in another state is null in void since you don’t live there” RAM incentives confirmed promotions are tied to my zip code and any dealer can run those against your purchase no matter where you buy it.

You bet your butt I sent them the final price on that build and told them I looked forward to having my warranty work done with them after i took delivery.

Very childish but they dicked me around so much I couldn’t help it. I haven’t gotten a reply yet but it felt good rubbing it in their faces. Saving 6 grand off their ‘best price’ is huge. They also would have never locked in the 0% interest for me.

Glad to here that you got what you wanted, now the wait.
7 months later and I still love this truck, every mile behind the wheel is a treat

Silent Bob

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Tread Lightly discount is and is not.

A $100 Tread Lightly membership get you access to Affiliate Pricing.
Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score

-

Thats quite a list!! At that point wouldn't it have come out better to get a Laramie?! Kind of where I have been trying to spec a build.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Tread Lightly discount is and is not.

A $100 Tread Lightly membership get you access to Affiliate Pricing.
Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said some dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.
I did see that along the way in your different (excellent) posts about your Ram buyers guide. From my thinking, going through Tread Lightly and donating $100 to them for the discount is a good thing. They are a solid non profit interested in some of the things that matter to me.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Thats quite a list!! At that point wouldn't it have come out better to get a Laramie?! Kind of where I have been trying to spec a build.
Remember that the Big Horn/Lone Star have much more attractive rebates. To the point where it’s almost crazy not to spec that trim.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Remember that the Big Horn/Lone Star have much more attractive rebates. To the point where it’s almost crazy not to spec that trim.
This is what drove my decision. I spec'd a Laramie that was similar, but ultimately incentives and finance, as well as available packages with chip shortage, made big horn the choice. I can always add leather later

ToopaCent

Reaction score
One thing i wanted pass on to potential buyers. Go ahead now and sign up for penfed. It's five bucks and if you go with a new build, you need to have the promo ready when you order. It takes 60 days. In my case I just ordered, and the only way for me to get the additional 500 is if I go with the incentives at delivery. Just knock out the account and have it in your back pocket for when you're ready.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Amazing how low inventories are right now at my local dealerships...most would carry 20-30 1500s and one us closing in on 10 in stock

Users who are viewing this thread