5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Well that's not quite what I was hoping for. I have the truck I want built on the website, optioned to $65,050, I am gonna try and get it down to at least 56k-57k before taxes (6% in Michigan). Anyone have any negotiating tips they wanna share?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Anyone have any negotiating tips they wanna share?
Sure ;)

Nova90

Reaction score
Thats weird - I ordered from Criswell in February. Carl got right back to me any time I emailed him. Here's the link where I found his info just in case it helps.

Carl just reached out to me today. Maybe he reads this forum. We will see how this goes. Aaron sets a high bar. Although, I certainly wouldn't mind an east coast more local option for shipping.

L2R512

Reaction score
Carl just reached out to me today. Maybe he reads this forum. We will see how this goes. Aaron sets a high bar. Although, I certainly wouldn't mind an east coast more local option for shipping.
Ha - maybe! That's great - can't hurt to get as many quotes as possible. I definitely did. I kept my search area within a few hundred miles, though. They're about 250 miles from me, so I can drive down and take delivery in person - and I prefer to do it that way.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a great email exchange with Aaron Ginsburgh, as recommended by Silent Bob. He gave me a very good quote but unfortunately the Advanced Safety Group isn't currently available on the Laramie, due to the chip shortage. So, I'm on hold for now because that's an important feature for me. I will check back with him later.

He had heard that the chip shortage will go into the third quarter, but asked me to tell him if I hear otherwise on this board.

Cudapower

Reaction score
How do you trade trucks with Mark Dodge? Or are you selling your old ones on the internet car buyers places?

Chuck19

Reaction score
How do you trade trucks with Mark Dodge? Or are you selling your old ones on the internet car buyers places?
I am gifting my current 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab to my nephew so I wont be going through the process. However I did trade a vehicle in before with a dealer that was about 2 hours away. I told them I was not driving 2 hours for them to appraise my trade in for me to not like the offer and then have to drive 2 cars back. I told them i would just sell my current truck privately but the dealer told me all they needed was VIN, mileage and a few pictures for them to give me a trade in value. I agreed to their number and it was a very easy process. I would assume Mark Dodge would be the same way. My interactions with Aaron at Mark Dodge have been very easy do i dont have any reason to believe this would be any different.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a great email exchange with Aaron Ginsburgh, as recommended by Silent Bob. He gave me a very good quote but unfortunately the Advanced Safety Group isn't currently available on the Laramie, due to the chip shortage. So, I'm on hold for now because that's an important feature for me. I will check back with him later.

He had heard that the chip shortage will go into the third quarter, but asked me to tell him if I hear otherwise on this board.

So are these chip shortages effecting any model that has options such as the advanced safety group, or is it just limited to Laramie's ordered that way currently? As in, if I want to order a longhorn with some of those options, same delay time? I've only seen people mentioning Laramie's in regard to the chip shortage, I figure it applies to any trim level with those options but I would like to know for sure.

I would consider ordering through Aaron as he sounds way easier to deal with than some of the people I've been trying to deal with on Rams up in the northeast. However, I just drove from NY to TX in that huge storm and I'm not really eager to do that same drive again anytime soon. And with a trade in I would have to, don't want to lose the trade in tax credit and pay full tax on the new truck.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
So are these chip shortages effecting any model that has options such as the advanced safety group, or is it just limited to Laramie's ordered that way currently? As in, if I want to order a longhorn with some of those options, same delay time? I've only seen people mentioning Laramie's in regard to the chip shortage, I figure it applies to any trim level with those options but I would like to know for sure.

I would consider ordering through Aaron as he sounds way easier to deal with than some of the people I've been trying to deal with on Rams up in the northeast. However, I just drove from NY to TX in that huge storm and I'm not really eager to do that same drive again anytime soon. And with a trade in I would have to, don't want to lose the trade in tax credit and pay full tax on the new truck.

It is just Laramies for retail purchase so far. I could’ve ordered a Rebel or limited with advanced tech. Didn’t ask about longhorn but I was told Laramies currently have the constraint. Some other trims are being affected in fleet sales and other options not available as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is just Laramies for retail purchase so far. I could’ve ordered a Rebel or limited with advanced tech. Didn’t ask about longhorn but I was told Laramies currently have the constraint. Some other trims are being affected in fleet sales and other options not available as well.

Thank you for that information, good to know.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah, he said (not pushy) if I wanted to move up to limited or longhorn, the ASG would be available. So, they are using their limited supply of the chips on the more expensive models, I guess. I did not want to move up primarily because some standard features on those models I don't need and they'd just be lowering my payload.

slatersan

Reaction score

Sorry man. That option was a dealbreaker for me too. Nobody in NC had one, so I went to DC for mine in September. Hope they get it solved for you sooner rather than later. Are there any built trucks anywhere that check most of your boxes?

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
In regards to Incentives, I noticed Rebel incentives dropped to $1500 cash allowance or 0% for 72 months with $500 cash allowance. If the total cash allowance drops anymore I might pass on paying cash and finance at 0%. I'm thinking about doing that now with just a $1k cash allowance difference.

dunehiker

Reaction score
In regards to Incentives, I noticed Rebel incentives dropped to $1500 cash allowance or 0% for 72 months with $500 cash allowance. If the total cash allowance drops anymore I might pass on paying cash and finance at 0%. I'm thinking about doing that now with just a $1k cash allowance difference.
This could be why when I was looking at my spreadsheet tracking dealer inventory I'm seeing that dealer website "internet price" has jumped up by as much as $3k.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
I did not want to move up primarily because some standard features on those models I don't need and they'd just be lowering my payload.
The isn't difference in payload on 1500 Crewcab Laramie and Limited but on the Rebel its around 30ish pounds. Where did you see specs?

Users who are viewing this thread